Page 1 of 54

Page 1
Page   of 54
Page 2 Page 54

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
All members are invited to make their daily observations and  discussions about any questions they might have about different characters and events in Hindu mythology in this thread.

Many of us may have doubts on Hindu mythology or may get doubts as we learn more.  Instead of spawning several threads to discuss those, we can discuss it here. However, if a question is a pretty major one, like 'Why did Krishna choose not to be a combatant in the Mahabharat war despite being an unmatched warrior', or 'Does Shiva's marriage to Parvati after Sati's demise imply that re-marriage is okay', such topics would deserve their own threads.  But questions like 'Why is Indra the ruler of the Devas despite Surya being the eldest son of Aditi' or 'How did Ashwathama & Kripacharya become immortal' do belong here.  (Note that these are just examples used here for illustration purposes)

Note that we have in the past done this pretty exhaustively in the Ramayan, in these 3 threads

Ramayan Daily Discussion thread

Doubts & Discussions from the Ramayan - I
Doubts and Discussions from the Ramayan II

If the question you have is from the Ramayan, you're still welcome to discuss it here, but chances are that it's already been addressed there, so if possible, do take a look there b4 repeating that same question here.

One thing to note - in Hindu literature, there are diverse texts that often have contradictory and conflicting accounts of the same events.  For instance, in Valmiki Ramayan, there is no mention of any Lakshman rekha, but in Tulsidas Ramcharitra Manas, there is.  So while discussing these, we prefer that one just states the source for any account that you are giving - whether it's the original texts themselves, something written by C Rajagopalacharya or even the Amar Chitra Katha that you may have lying around.  But please do not weigh in on whether you think version X is more authentic or accurate than version Y, even though it may well be.  We hope that the discussions remain objective and healthy and that forum rules are abided by when making posts of your viewpoints.

This will always remain in the Forum Announcements section so that you are free to keep coming back to this thread at any time to make your ideas heard.  Hope to see lots of interesting and engaging thoughts and deliberations.

Enjoy Discussing!

Thanks !!

The following 14 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nacUrmila11VibhishnaShivangBuch...Mina...vanadhiStrawbellaprateek.007lola610The.Patthaaka.Vishakha_SakhiProud-IndiaThe.Lannister

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "|| Mythological Masti :: Doubts & Discussions ||" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Vishakha_Sakhi

IF-Sizzlerz

Vishakha_Sakhi

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 1:46pm | IP Logged
Thank you so much for making this thread Vrish! Hug I will definitely be back to participate after going over the previous links you shared. Big smile

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nacUrmila11vanadhi.Vrish.

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 6:06pm | IP Logged
Nice thread! We really do need this as we have frequent such discussions!Thumbs Up

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaArchana.nacUrmila11vanadhi.Vrish.Vishakha_Sakhi

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 10:29am | IP Logged
ooops just noticed this thread .. im so lost ...!! :P

i hv a doubt / question about MB .. will ask soon

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nacvanadhiVishakha_Sakhi

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 10:33am | IP Logged
ohh forgot to thank u for this thread :P

there are 3-4 questions asked in first post ...
can anyone or u like to answer me in brief (or detail ) if like to ...

Dpka1415

IF-Dazzler

Dpka1415

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 8:19pm | IP Logged
|| QUERY ||

hey frnds!
Since we dont have a current discussion going on here...i thought to post a quick query of mine...which i wanted to clarify...
This is more out of curiosity actually...i have manyatimes heard that Hanuman ji is to be worshipped only by the male devotees and not females...is it correct???
Though i have not seen this in my nearby temple as on every tuesday i see women along with men who are praying to Hanumanji...reading Shree Hanuman Chaalisa and some devotees contributing the sindoori chola for the Lord...but i have heard a few people saying that this is not correct as Hanuman ji is a Brahmachaari so lady devotees should not worship him...but is it actually so?
As on personal front. ...I myself worship Hanuman ji...and believe me this is my personal experience whenever i pray to him or whenever i m in a trouble and recall Shree Hanuman Chaalisa in my mind...everything falls into place...i have a firm belief in what Shree Ram had said to Hanuman ji during his Mahaprayaan...that Hanuman you will stay on this earth till the eternity and will look after the people and bless them...   
I just wanted to confirm if there is something like this mentioned anywhere in our mythology that women are not allowed to worship him? I know in India there are uncountable myths too. .. So do lemme know your views too..   

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nacvanadhiVishakha_SakhiThe.Lannister

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 28 April 2011 at 10:47pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...PARiNA...

However, if a question is a pretty major one, like 'Why did Krishna choose not to be a combatant in the Mahabharat war despite being an unmatched warrior', or 'Does Shiva's marriage to Parvati after Sati's demise imply that re-marriage is okay', such topics would deserve their own threads.  But questions like 'Why is Indra the ruler of the Devas despite Surya being the eldest son of Aditi' or 'How did Ashwathama & Kripacharya become immortal' do belong here.  (Note that these are just examples used here for illustration purposes)
ohh forgot to thank u for this thread :P

there are 3-4 questions asked in first post ...
can anyone or u like to answer me in brief (or detail ) if like to ...

For the first 2 questions, open new threads, since they are major topics.  But the latter 2 can be answered here.  I myself don't know the answers to any of these, which is why I posted them LOL

Edited by _Vrish_ - 29 April 2011 at 11:22am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Archana.nacvanadhilola610Vishakha_Sakhi

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 30 April 2011 at 1:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Dpka1415

|| QUERY ||

hey frnds!
Since we dont have a current discussion going on here...i thought to post a quick query of mine...which i wanted to clarify...
This is more out of curiosity actually...i have manyatimes heard that Hanuman ji is to be worshipped only by the male devotees and not females...is it correct???
Though i have not seen this in my nearby temple as on every tuesday i see women along with men who are praying to Hanumanji...reading Shree Hanuman Chaalisa and some devotees contributing the sindoori chola for the Lord...but i have heard a few people saying that this is not correct as Hanuman ji is a Brahmachaari so lady devotees should not worship him...but is it actually so?
As on personal front. ...I myself worship Hanuman ji...and believe me this is my personal experience whenever i pray to him or whenever i m in a trouble and recall Shree Hanuman Chaalisa in my mind...everything falls into place...i have a firm belief in what Shree Ram had said to Hanuman ji during his Mahaprayaan...that Hanuman you will stay on this earth till the eternity and will look after the people and bless them...   
I just wanted to confirm if there is something like this mentioned anywhere in our mythology that women are not allowed to worship him? I know in India there are uncountable myths too. .. So do lemme know your views too..   

Same ...
RESERVED !!!!!!!!!!!!!

will be back and edit my reply soon ...
and sweets mytho doubts and discussions thread has been opened by vrish ... check it out

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 30 April 2011 at 1:11am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.