and d continue soon

love
tanzeel
sweet_1 thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

SAJAN/MONAYA FF

TUM MILE

Chapter 1

Hello..." Samrat answers his phone call.

"Sir, Siddhant here." He replies.

"Yes Siddhant, have informed the management that I am coming to have a meeting with them?"

"Yes sir, I have informed them about your arrival, your meeting is fixed."

"Great, I'll be there at 7:30."

"Sure sir."

Samrat cancelled his phone call.

"Who were you talking to Samrat?"

His aunt was standing outside his room with a cup of hot coffee, which she had made for him.

Samrat: "Oh' aunty please come in, have a seat. (She sits on the sofa opposite to his rolling chair). Actually, I was talking to Siddhant."

Aunt: "Siddhant'.'?? (She thinks for a while) I heard of his name but I don't remember him exactly."

Samrat: "He is the manager of Dad's company, do you remember him now?"

Aunt: "Oh... ok', Siddhant, yes, I remember this person. He used to work in Ranbir's office."

Samrat: "Well, he still works in dad's office as the manager."

Aunt: "Here, have your coffee."

Samrat takes a sip of the hot coffee;

Samrat: "Hmmm' delicious as always. You know what aunty; I always tell my friends that no one in the world can beat my aunty in making such a brilliant coffee." (She smiles at Samrat, in response)

Aunt: "So, why has Siddhant called you at this time, at night? I mean is there anything important?"

Samrat: "Actually, I told him that I want to have a meeting fixed, with the management. Aunty, I have decided to take over Dad's business. (She becomes a bit surprised & becomes silent for a few seconds) Aunty, what happened? What are you thinking?"

Aunt: "Samrat, It is really good. But, you have not completed your MBA degree yet, & how will you manage this with your studies, I mean to say that you are only 26 right now. How will you handle such a big business all alone?" (She asked worriedly)

Samrat: "Wow, a lot of questions coming up. Relax & take it easy. I am not joining office right away. I'll complete my MBA first, and then I'll join." (He replies pleasantly)

Aunt: "But you have still a lot more time. I hope you are not taking a hasty decision."

Samrat: "No aunty, I am not taking any hasty decision. In fact I think that now, It is high time that I should bear my responsibilities as a son. After dad's death, it has become my top-most priority to look-after his company. Besides, I don't want that the firm, for which my dad worked day & night tirelessly, should suffer from any kind of damage or deterioration."

"Secondly, aunty, you have been taking care of the whole house, you have been taking care of me along with your teaching profession, working like a non-stop machine for so long. You also deserve a break. Now, it is my turn to serve you & take real good care of you. Don't you think?"

Aunt: "Of course beta, but you don't have to worry about me (She smiles) I am used to this routine now."

Samrat smiles & casually shifts his eyes on his wrist watch to see the time;

Samrat: "Oh Shit!!! Its 7:10."

His aunt gives him an angry look & he gets confused;

Samrat: "What'?"

Aunt: "How many have I told you, not to use such cursing words, in front of me?"

Samrat: "I am so sorry; I'll not do it again. Right now I have to leave for my meeting. I was supposed to reach there at 7:30. (Samrat gets up, & fixes himself up)"

Aunt: "How long will it take? When will you be back?"

Samrat: "I'll be staying there for an hour or so. I'll call you while coming back. Ok then, take care bye."

He calls his driver, sits in his white 7 SERIES BMW & leaves for the meeting.

*****************************************************************************************************

In a posh & well-maintained area, there was situated a 6 floors building in isolation from all other ordinary buildings, which was surrounded by a fence of plants in its front & an opening for cars to pass through it. On the right side was a fountain of water of moderate size, which was encircled by small lights for the night view. A parking plaza was situated at the right side.

Samrat could see the building from the opposite side of the road. He tells his driver to take a U-turn. His car stops in front of the main entrance. Siddhant receives him with the co-workers;

Siddhant: "Good evening sir." (Samrat nods with a slight smile)

Samrat: "So, where is everyone?"

Siddhant: "They all are waiting for you in the conference room."

After walking a small distance, Samrat enters the conference room;

Samrat: "Good evening everybody. I hope you all are doing fine."

" Now, you all must be thinking, as to why I have called this meeting. Well, the reason is quite simple; you people are very much aware of dad's demise ' it is a great setback for all of us. We cannot change what happened in the past but ' we can work hard for a better future. I know that I have not been in touch with the office due to my university assignments but I have observed that since dad's death i.e. 3 months the company has started to deteriorate.

"To avoid such problems, From now onwards, I want you to keep me in picture, about every single step you are taking, none of the decisions would be made without my consent. The sole reason of calling this meeting is that I have decided to take over the whole company as the President (owner). Mr. Malik who has been the acting president, would take his position back as Vice President ' If you all have any objections, '  ' you are free to argue."

Mr. Malik: "No sir, we don't have any objections. In fact, we are happy that now you'll be handling the company affairs. And we have full confidence in you that you'll do as well, as your father did."

Siddhant: "Yes sir. We'll all feel very fortunate, if we could help you in any manner."

Samrat: "I appreciate that. (Replies with a swift smile) Thank you all for giving your precious time to this meeting. You can all go back now."

Samrat goes into his father's office, & calls Siddhant;

Siddhant: "You called me sir?"

Samrat: "Yes, I need the company papers, need to sign them. And tell Mr. Malik to see me right now."

Siddhant: "Right sir."

After some time Siddhant & Mr. Malik arrive;

Samrat: "I just wanted that I should sign the company papers in front of you both."

Mr. Malik: "You don't need to sir' its understood that this company is yours."

Samrat: "Thanks Mr. Malik, but rules are for everyone." (Replies pleasantly)

Just then, Samrat's phone rings;

Samrat: "Yes aunty '  ' yes I am done '  .. I am about to leave the office ' '  d ' don't worry I am coming. (He cancels the call). Ok, I think I should leave now, aunty is waiting for me at home." (Samrat signs the papers & leaves)

When Samrat reaches home he greets his aunt;

Aunt: "So, was your meeting fruitful?"

Samrat: "Yes aunty, very much. I made it clear that I'll be handling the business, after I am done with my MBA & that I want them to keep me in picture about everything & I don't want any deterioration in work."

Aunt: "That is really good. Now I think you should have dinner & take some rest tomorrow you have to go to university right?"

Samrat: "Yes aunty. (He smiles) thanks for reminding me. But after dinner I won't be taking any rest. I have my final presentation to submit tomorrow, I'll complete it & then sleep."

Aunt: "Ok, but make sure you finish it on a reasonable time."

Samrat goes into his room & starts working on his presentation. It takes him 4-5 hrs to complete it. After that, he goes to sleep.

********************************************************************************************

In the morning, Samrat gets up, takes a shower & gets ready, wearing indigo dress shirt with turned sleeves up to elbows with a fawn colored dress pant. He brushed his small spikes wore his watch & emerald bracelet & went downstairs for breakfast.

Samrat: "Good morning aunty." (He touches her feet in respect.)

Aunt: "God bless you. Come have breakfast."

Both sit on the dining table;

Samrat: "Aunty, I have my final presentation today. Please pray for my good grade in that. You know it has 45% weight age in the finals."

Aunt: "Beta, you don't need to say that. My prayers are always with you. You have studied with full dedication, God will definitely help you."

Samrat: "Thanks aunty. (He smiles). Ok aunty I am done with the breakfast."

Aunt: "You have not finished it all, please have a little more."

Samrat: "No aunty really ' I am full. I am getting late so I have leave now." (He gets up from the chair.)

Aunt: "Wait ' have some yogurt with sugar ' it is a good to have it especially before giving any exam. It makes mind sharper." (She puts a spoonful of yogurt & sugar in his mouth)

Samrat: "Thanks. I am going now bye, love you."

He sits in his car & drives off to his university.

As Samrat covers a reasonable distance from home, he sees a huge rush of cars. He asks a traffic warden the reason;

Samrat: "Excuse me, what's all this rush for?"

Warden: "The whole traffic is jammed due to the construction of the bridge ahead."

Samrat: "Oh Damn!!! How long is this going to take?"

Warden: " I can't say exactly, may be 4 to 5 hours."

Samrat: "What!!!! Isn't there any shortcut?"

Warden: "Yes, there is. But, you'll have to take a U-turn from here, & this is only possible if you wait for half & hour, so that the rush is reduced a little bit."

Samrat: "Ok thank you." (Samrat answeres in dismay.)

He took out his black touch-screen i-phone to see if there were any missed calls from his friends. He was right, he had 4 missed calls; 2 from Benji & 2 from Mayank. His phone again started to ring; It was Mayank;

Mayank: "Samrat, where are you? We both have been trying to contact you for so long, we are waiting for you."

Samrat: "I know man. Actually, I am stuck in a traffic jam & it will take 4-5 hours to clear out."

Mayank: "WHAT!!! 4 to 5 hrs. We have our final presentation today at 10:30, remember? it is already 9:15. What will you do till then? You can't miss it. It is really important."

Samrat: "I know yar, but don't worry, there is a shortcut. I'll take that route & come as soon as possible."

Mayank: "Ok. But hurry up; you can't take any chances, bye."

Samrat cancels the phone call, & after 20 minutes when the rush gets cleared a little bit, he takes a U-turn to reach the university.

********************************************************************************************

Around 10:20 am Samrat reaches his university. He quickly parks his car in the "Students' Parking Lot" & rushes towards his class. When he enters the class, he sees his two best buddies waiting for him;

Samrat: "Hey Mayank, hey Benji ,what's up?"

Benji: "Hey dude, what took you so long? We were waiting for you."

Mayank: "Yeah, you reached in a nick of time. I thought you would miss your presentation"

Samrat: "Chill guys, I took ' '  (Three of them couldn't talk any further as their professor had arrived)"

Professor: "Ok class, listen up, you very well know that your exams are near & regarding that I had given you an assignment of HRM (Human Resource Management). It was a case study- comparison between STARBUCKS- an American Coffee chain & TIMHORTONS- a Canadian Coffee chain 4 days back. So, how many of you have done it, please raise your hands."

Everyone raises hands except for Benji;

Professor: "As expected. (The professor sighs off, looking at Benji) So, Mr. Benji what lame excuse have you got today for not doing your assignment even after 4 days?"

Benji: "Sir, ' actually' I ' um ' ' Yeah!! Sir, actually the transformer in my locality had blown up, and due to no light I couldn't study." (He replies smartly.)

Professor: "Had the transformer been continuously blowing up, in one shot in those 4 days?" (The professor replies him in a sarcastic but sober manner with raised eye-brows. In response Benji is quiet & embarrassed & whole class laughs.)

Benji: "Sir, really I - - -"

Professor: "QUIET!!! I have not seen such a careless student like you in my life. Even the failures try hard in their finals to get at least passing grades. But you ' you are worse of all. I feel bad for your father who is trying hard that somehow his son can achieve a goal in his life, but you are impossible. Neither have you cared about your parents nor your future. You are good for nothing ' (He sighs off) '  "Ok students, you all can start with your presentations now. Who is first?"

Out of all the students, presentations of Samrat & Mayank were the best. After all the other students were done with their presentations, the professor comes up to Samrat & Mayank;

Professor: "Well done both of you have done great as usual."

Sayank: "Thank you sir."

Professor: "I am lucky to have such dedicated students like you. But ' Samrat ' Mayank ' I am very much concerned about Benji. I don't understand him, exams are two weeks ahead & he is least bothered. No matter how much I snub him, he is not moved even an inch. Samrat , you are the closest to him, I guess; you should make him understand that MBA is not a piece of cake. He should work extremely hard for that. I can only pray for his success, the rest is in his hands & God."

Samrat: "Don't worry sir. Both of us will talk to him. We are also very fortunate to have such a concerned teacher like you." (He smiles)

Mayank: "Yes sir, please don't worry about that. We'll handle him."

The professor pats him both of them & leaves.

Edited by sweet_1 - 12 years ago
IISHAFS thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
tht was sooo niceee part
preety88 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
awesome update...cont soon
sweet_1 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Shafoo

tht was sooo niceee part

Thanks alot😊
sweet_1 thumbnail
😭  I am very much disappointed with you guys i got only 3 comments after writing my 1st part not fair😔...😭 
..Ambika.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
heyyy please don't feel sad...you need to make frnds out here first and then pm them..then only they will get to know about ur ff...this is my personal experience...plz don't feel bad sweety... Edited by ..Ambika.. - 12 years ago