Kkusum

Aditi (CID) paired with Sohan in kkusum

mfarhaniqbal33 Senior Member
mfarhaniqbal33
mfarhaniqbal33

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 10:21am | IP Logged

Bansal in and out of Kkusum

By Shaheen Parkar

SHORT TAKE: Smita BansalSmita Bansal, who plays sub-inspector Aditi in the weekly CID (Sony), was slated to appear in Kkusum (Sony) as Aarti, the love interest of Sohan (Ejaz Khan).
After shooting for two days, she was informed that she was no longer part of the project.

As Bansal was part of the party special episode of Kkusum (aired last night) which had characters from various Sony soaps, she could not play another character on the same show.

"I appeared in the party episode as sub-inspector Aditi. So they felt I could not  play the character of Aarti as well on the show," says Bansal.

She was to enter the Balaji serial from Wednesday's episode as part of Kkusum's wedding celebrations. "I had already shot for the serial for two days," adds Bansal.

"My character of Aarti was a chirpy, bubbly kind. She was supposed to be from Shimla where the current track unfolds. I was to be opposite Soham," she adds.

Nivedita Basu, creative director, Kkusum, says, "As she was part of the party episode as sub-inspector Aditi, we could not have her in Kkusum playing another character." Adds Bansal, "The reason was explained to me and it has been sorted out."

Now the role is being played by Mouli Ganguly (Saaksshi). Her character, called Vidhi, will be shown being pursued by Sohan. "Initially Vidhi will hate him, but he will be shown falling for her," adds Basu.

Incidentally, Samay (Hiten Tejwani) of Kkoi Dil Mein Hai was also in the Kkusum party episode. Tejwani was part of Kkusum a while ago.

He used to play  Vishal who was Kkusum's sister Jyoti's (Tassnim Sheikh) husband. Both were part of the soap till November 2003 when they were shown going abroad. Another case of a Kkusum character making an entry in the show as a character from another soap.

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top