Sports/Cricket

   

Dhoni should give chances to tamilnadu players

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

A.S.Ravidaas

Newbie

A.S.Ravidaas

Joined: 22 April 2011

Posts: 2

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 4:55am | IP Logged
SmileMy family and I are from SriLanka.
We supported India in the World Cup finals.
We are really happy with Dhoni's captainship.
Like us there are many SriLankans supporting Indian cricket team.
If he gives chances for Tamilnadu players , I am sure there will be more appreciation and support extended to Dhoni .
.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Dhoni should give chances to tamilnadu players" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008

Posts: 9274

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by A.S.Ravidaas

SmileMy family and I are from SriLanka.
We supported India in the World Cup finals.
We are really happy with Dhoni's captainship.
Like us there are many SriLankans supporting Indian cricket team.
If he gives chances for Tamilnadu players , I am sure there will be more appreciation and support extended to Dhoni .
.


You being a Sri Lankan, I do not quite understand why you were supporting India?

One thing that I really hate is that Sri Lankan Tamils were more than happy to support Sri Lanka in the finals but in the end when Sri Lanka lost then they started cursing the Sinhalese players. I wonder when people will learn to stop mixing politics with sports.

Anyway I hope you realise that the decision of who gets to play for the Indian Cricket Team is up to the selectors..that's what they're paid for after all. I also disagree that players should be from Tamil Nadu..if there are players that are talented and deserve to play for the national cricket team then sure but it's foolish to say that they should be chosen just because they hail from south. 

We should learn to appreciate the diversity in the Indian cricket team where we have Dada from Kolkata, Sachin from Mumbai, Raina from Jammu&Kashmir, Munaf Patel from Gujarat etc. States don't matter when you play for India, because you're not representing your state, you're representing your country.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

wankercricketfan1Savvy-Doppelganger-Real.MadridspiritcrimsonsafeplacetolandHowlarious

sab2778

IF-Dazzler

sab2778

Joined: 16 October 2010

Posts: 3217

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
i feel its not right 2 support india when u r from lanka.
 
i kno tht injustice is done 2 tamils in lanka but murli is also a tamil
nd i loved d way d lankans gave him d farewell in d semifinal
 
nd abt tamils playing in team india
dhoni selects d best playing 11 he can frm d lot
 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Doppelganger-

sushii.

Goldie

sushii.

Joined: 21 August 2008

Posts: 2030

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Choosing people just because they are from south doesn't make any sense, it complete injustice, Dhoni does that, the whole of India will be irritated with him rather than extending support or appreciation to him.
And hindu4lyf, Raina is from Uttar Pradesh not Jammu & Kashmir.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008

Posts: 9274

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 2:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Mrs.Pandey

Choosing people just because they are from south doesn't make any sense, it complete injustice, Dhoni does that, the whole of India will be irritated with him rather than extending support or appreciation to him.
And hindu4lyf, Raina is from Uttar Pradesh not Jammu & Kashmir.

Yes but he is actually of Kashmiri origin.

Tbh it doesn't even matter, because above all he is Indian.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SavvyReal.MadridParachute.

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008

Posts: 20800

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:08am | IP Logged
I agree w/ the above.  Here in India, we disdain people who support Pakistan over India, and the same principle applies here.  People ought to support the countries they belong to, whether Sri Lanka, England, Bangladesh, Australia, South Africa.

Sorry, Ravidaas, but I don't respect you.  If you can't support your own country, honestly, no team deserves your support.  Also, the job of the Indian selectors is to put together the best possible Indian team for a particular tournament, not try and hijack support of people of other countries.

In the 80s, in England, Norman Tebbitt, a Tory MP said that Indian immigrants lacked loyalty since they preferred their original countries over England in cricket matches.  He was right then, but today, the situation has changed - 3rd generation Indians certainly support England over India pretty openly, over the objections of their hypocritic parents.  That has changed.

Not that it should matter, but as a Tamil, you should be proud that the greatest Tamil cricketer of all time is not any Indian player, but Muralitharan.  And he, more than any other player, has made Sri Lanka one of the top cricketing countries, next to Australia, South Africa and India.

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Joined: 25 March 2008

Posts: 9274

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

I agree w/ the above.  Here in India, we disdain people who support Pakistan over India, and the same principle applies here.  People ought to support the countries they belong to, whether Sri Lanka, England, Bangladesh, Australia, South Africa.

Sorry, Ravidaas, but I don't respect you.  If you can't support your own country, honestly, no team deserves your support.  Also, the job of the Indian selectors is to put together the best possible Indian team for a particular tournament, not try and hijack support of people of other countries.

In the 80s, in England, Norman Tebbitt, a Tory MP said that Indian immigrants lacked loyalty since they preferred their original countries over England in cricket matches.  He was right then, but today, the situation has changed - 3rd generation Indians certainly support England over India pretty openly, over the objections of their hypocritic parents.  That has changed.

Not that it should matter, but as a Tamil, you should be proud that the greatest Tamil cricketer of all time is not any Indian player, but Muralitharan.  And he, more than any other player, has made Sri Lanka one of the top cricketing countries, next to Australia, South Africa and India.

I agree with all the points made above except the one in bold. Most 3rd generation Indians living in the UK, including myself do not support England over India. After India though, I do support England. The same applies for most young British Indian and British Pakistanis. The win of India over Pakistan and over Sri Lanka in the final was celebrated a lot more by the youth than Indian immigrant parents themselves. The areas that are dominated by Asians saw the youth come out on to the streets and party like mad! lol I'm sure there are exceptions but this seems to be the way it is mostly throughout areas of London in particular.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Howlarious

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008

Posts: 20800

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 9:54am | IP Logged
hindu4lyf

You might want to check out this article, which seems to contradict you

India or Sri Lanka: whom to support?

Quite a number of young British-Indian fans would fall under the 'coconut' definition

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Cricket Players giving silly reasons:experts ShamrozSays 0 438 04 August 2009 at 6:52am
By ShamrozSays
Sri Lanka: Players return Shikhoo 0 3596 08 March 2009 at 12:06pm
By Shikhoo
Info - Sports Players/Teams

2

Cute_Tulip 10 6358 28 July 2008 at 3:55am
By Khobsurat_11
4 players injured! ~*!Ripi!*~ 3 421 08 March 2008 at 7:05pm
By khyati_sui
Players ask Kumble to scrap 'trust pact' amrit23 0 383 12 January 2008 at 5:01am
By amrit23

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.