Price for love, Value of love (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 11

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by --Nargis--

Kullu...a well written post, but i have to beg to differ with you.

First and foremost your comparison of Geet and Teji is totally incorrect.  Geet is in now way as arrogant, rude or impertinent as Teji.   Teji's interactions with his wife are all on a superficial plane...they do nit share a relationship nearly as deep and emotional as the one Geet and Maan share.   So right there..its like comparing apples to oranges. 

Teji has no concept, not does he care to even learn of what Pammi feels, what she likes, dislikes.   he does not even respect her as a WOMAN in her own right, he merely command respect form her as a husband.  He exercises his authority and expects that she serve his every beck and call.  Its fair to say that in their relationship...Pammi ka koi wajood hi nahi hai!!! 

Tej and Pammi's relationship is akin to about 90% of relationships in our culture...mostly one sided...one being the AUTHORITATIVE figure and the other being the SUBSERVIENT one.  Pammi respects teji...but I am not sure if truly loves him.  In her mind i guess you can say that she does love him, but her concept and connection with love is very different than the one that Geet has shared and experienced with Maan.

If Teji had called Pammi BEGHAIRAT...no one would have made a HOOPLA about it...including Pammi...because it is so in line with what Teji would normally say and do.

What Geet and Maan share is totally different.  I know there are some who feel that this relationship is beautiful and great only because of Maan...and his greatness, and his ability to love selflessly...etc...etc..

BUT its important to realize and also accept that Geet has contributed vastly to this relationship...in big and small ways both.   You know they say ke EK HAATH SE TAALI nahi baj ti...its two..it takes 2 to tango!!

Geet loves MAAN in a level where most people cannot even relate to.   She loves him truly and wholeheartedly...and the slightest of Maan's pain is unbearable to her...be it mental, emotional, or physical.   Teji has no such concept, for if he did...he would not treat Pammi the way he does now.

I feel that when to comes to Maan...most viewers think about him form Maan's perspective...hence they see the sacrifice, and they empathize with him, but when it comes to GEET...a lot of views think form a VIEWER's perspective and not from her perspective as a woman. 

Anyhow...i have a lot more to say..but I need to run into a meeting now...so i will try to come back and edit it to complete my thought.

Till then...I apologize if I have offended anyone, that is not my intention...I am not a GEET lover only I am a MAANEET lover...for me there is no Geet without Maan and no Maan without Geet. 

They cannot be separated and dissected...they must be accepted as ONE ENTITY!!

You dint offended atleast me...I knew you will beg to differ...I beg to differ to as well ...Me too maneet lover...lets see how long I can be one...I compared Teji and Geet with only present scenario what shown nothing from past nor from real scenario.  I said they are different but they dont value their spouse right now with what shown right now whatever is logic behind it but just fact they do see their spouse being insulted as meek spectator.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

EBasso--Nargis--

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Price for love, Value of love (Page 7)" in Geet - Hui Sabse Parayee forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

EBasso

IF-Rockerz

EBasso

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Chalo everyone begging to differ so I also start begging ----- to differ of course ROFL

sorry for my lame attempt at the humor element!

Nags - I agree with you about the differences between Teji and geet, and how beautifully you explained the interlacing between Geet and maan. Truely they are both incomplete without each other. Agree with your every word.

I don't think Kulu was comparing Geet with Teji per say! I think she was just showing her frustration about her insensitivity towards all the insults he has been taking, and that too for her! Tej is completely on a different level, Geet at least feels maan's pain! But still - what would have been amazing would be how she very smartly saves maan from a humiliating situation intead of crying in her bed all the time. If she thinks her saying something would risk him getting exposed, she could at least divert the attention elsewhere to save him from any given situation. I understand that they needed to show the torture maan was going thru, but how many times have they shown her keeping quiet and just taking all the shit maan was being put thru... it would have been awesome and we would have loved her character so much more had she tried to save him in smart innovative ways! here she is just watching the show Angry

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Silentsouladoremevirgo--Nargis--

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dtri

Chalo everyone begging to differ so I also start begging ----- to differ of course ROFL

sorry for my lame attempt at the humor element!

Nags - I agree with you about the differences between Teji and geet, and how beautifully you explained the interlacing between Geet and maan. Truely they are both incomplete without each other. Agree with your every word.

I don't think Kulu was comparing Geet with Teji per say! I think she was just showing her frustration about her insensitivity towards all the insults he has been taking, and that too for her! Tej is completely on a different level, Geet at least feels maan's pain! But still - what would have been amazing would be how she very smartly saves maan from a humiliating situation intead of crying in her bed all the time. If she thinks her saying something would risk him getting exposed, she could at least divert the attention elsewhere to save him from any given situation. I understand that they needed to show the torture maan was going thru, but how many times have they shown her keeping quiet and just taking all the shit maan was being put thru... it would have been awesome and we would have loved her character so much more had she tried to save him in smart innovative ways! here she is just watching the show Angry

hey bhagwan abhi poorane post ka reply banya nahi you came back with new oneLOLLOLLOLLOL
Joking
Now I beg to differ again...because I completely agree with you...She feels for Maan pain situationally according to me...but why she not fight nor it...why not she try to fight for his self respect...I strongly have objection to it...Why she is meek spectator to insults thrown at him...I have this question to creatives I dont like assuming its because of this its because of that...I will believe when I will see...I am waiting and waiting patience on edge...but still I see nothing from creatives...

Dhwani...question to you...You send your OS to...Mahesh and Barry or not...

EBassoadoremevirgo--Nargis--

EBasso

IF-Rockerz

EBasso

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:34am | IP Logged
HEHE okay so I was going to refrain from coming up with a "NEW POST" until you responded to my first one ROFL

But since you asked me a question I will respond LOL -

No I don't know how to send my OS to anyone. I just posted it here, and put the link up on FB once. That's all I did!!!

-----

Anyway - Now since I am responding anyway - let me respond to your comment too ROFL

You are right - other than the fact that we don't get to see inside her heart what's brewing there, this is the ONLY OTHER thing that's bothering me. Her reaction to his insults is NOT shown properly at all... at one point they show that she cares so much for him and on other hand she is a mere witness of the attrocity he is enduring and acting like a katputli of her maasi family Angry

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Silentsoul

-Aarya-

Goldie

-Aarya-

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Understanding is a three-edged sword. Your side, their side, and the truth... and it's hard decision which ever side you decide to take!  There are many sides of Maan and geet and all of them have some truth because they are viewed from different angels. It's a general prejudice on our part so that we see what we expect to see. I believe both are true to their sides and the real question is how will they meet in the middle without breaking the pride!

EBassoSilentsoul--Nargis--

Silentsoul

IF-Sizzlerz

Silentsoul

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged
Originally posted by dtri

HEHE okay so I was going to refrain from coming up with a "NEW POST" until you responded to my first one ROFL
sorry for my complain

But since you asked me a question I will respond LOL -

No I don't know how to send my OS to anyone. I just posted it here, and put the link up on FB once. That's all I did!!!

read my pm

Anyway - Now since I am responding anyway - let me respond to your comment too ROFL

You are right - other than the fact that we don't get to see inside her heart what's brewing there, this is the ONLY OTHER thing that's bothering me. Her reaction to his insults is NOT shown properly at all... at one point they show that she cares so much for him and on other hand she is a mere witness of the attrocity he is enduring and acting like a katputli of her maasi family Angry

I have exactly same problem...when he dint let rasika or hotel manager said one word agaist her...and let go deal for it ready for court case. Why she is not doing it...Love is selfless whereas self respect...is mutual...if she cares for her why not his too...whatever in past is past...she cant live in shadow of it...to make her present and future bright she has to stand for it herself...as Balwant can do...varna uske verjee usse dhaake marke nikal denge

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

EBasso

undisclosed

IF-Addictz

undisclosed

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:39am | IP Logged

i think she doesn't react openly because she does not want to blow his cover...what he is enduring now...is nothing compared to what tejji is planning for him if he ever finds maan or "maan"...

EBassoSilentsoul

EBasso

IF-Rockerz

EBasso

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 9:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by undisclosed

i think she doesn't react openly because she does not want to blow his cover...what he is enduring now...is nothing compared to what tejji is planning for him if he ever finds maan or "maan"...

Oye hoye my lovely SYL - what a POV Wink yeah you are right babes but my issue is - there are other ways of saving his butt from difficult insulting situations without blowing his cover - she can be witty and save him that way right? Like Maan has done so many times!!! And it comes out really funny!

Silentsoulundisclosed

Post Reply New Post

Go to top