Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Silentsoul thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

Interesting post...I disagree with you though, even if I can understand your POV.

Irony of life is we never care nor value those who love us selflessly.

Firstly we can't really compare the two situations. Geet and Maan share a completely different sort of relationship from Tej and Pammi. Do we even know whether Pammi loves Tej? The difference in the relationships apart from love is that Maan and Geet have expectations from each other and have equality in their relationships.

Geet does care and value Maan. Maan's love has never been in question, its whether he respects her or not. This respect is very important to Geet because that is all she had at one point.

A relationship where only one partner is caring and loving other at receiving end will ultimately go through slow death. Valuing the importance of your other half and respecting is basic essential of any relationship

Just like love mutual respect is essential in any relationship. If Geet feels that Maan doesn't respect her, it will create an imbalance in their relationship and eventual disintegration.

His self respect is butchered everyday

Maan chose to join as Beeji's driver. If one makes a conscious decision, than their self respect is usually intact.

And Geet does feel pain at the way Maan is treated but the only way she knows how to respond is to tell him to go back because she fears her families reaction. I really don't know how else she is meant to react. Why would "Balwant" be treated any differently for Lachi or Yashpal? Its a totally different situation from the office scenes where Maan supported Geet, because he was the boss there where as Geet is a guest.

Her priorities are straight and simple to live for her family as compare to geet

Sorry I can't really condone Pammi's actions, even though I like her. She needs to speak up for herself (which I know is very difficult given her upbringing and society) otherwise she will be undermined forever. I think she needs to get her priorities fixed.

Hey you again got me wronged...I never said their relationship is same when did I...All I said they both share common trait nowdays chose  to see their spouse being insulted,  Their relationship is different I know that...They are different I know...I mentioned that in my post
A relatioship is mutual so is self respect. Geet too questioned his self respect in front of media. But he forgave her on her heartfelt apology. So when he is repenting where is forgiveness. I have already addressed that issue in my write up not want to repeat it
Yes sure he can leave but for him love is bigger than self respect. And the way all other servent were treated were not right too. Thanks I would add from my next post why she is quiet in seeing other human being insulted on basis of sex or profession.
I compared priorities of two geet versus hers to say her priorities are straight and simple. Never did I said she is right. I definitely not want her to be like this doormat for forever. She need to learn to fight for her rights,,,,

Thanks for replying I know no 2 people cant have same vision of prospective, ...I am perfectly fine that you disagree with my post and I respect your decision and I expect same from other. Only point is I dont see things your way nor you see my way. But probaly we both are right in out own prospective.I dont question your way of seeing thing...as its your vision ..  Neither I hold any right to contest your  choice...
maan-ki-sanjana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: kuls11

Thanks for replying I know no 2 people cant have same vision of prospective, ...I am perfectly fine that you disagree with my post and I respect your decision and I expect same from other. Only point is I dont see things your way nor you see my way. But probaly we both are right in out own prospective.I dont question your way of seeing thing...as its your vision ..  Neither I hold any right to contest your  choice...

Totally agree with you...everyone has their own view points and technically neither is right or wrong...after all we all have our own interpretations...however there is no problem in discussing our views on the same page even if they differ...as long as it is in a mature fashion...as we are doing 😊
Silentsoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: maan-ki-sanjana

Totally agree with you...everyone has their own view points and technically neither is right or wrong...after all we all have our own interpretations...however there is no problem in discussing our views on the same page even if they differ...as long as it is in a mature fashion...as we are doing 😊

I agree I was discussing with opposie thoughts...before you But I dont trust anger factor or individual mockery level if this forum...
..I dont want to be part of insulting nor victim of mud slugging mocking...questioning other sensibilities...Neither I find it entertaining nor healthy questioning other sensibilities or mental level for their different vision.  ..
.I have seen one case today when how ones thought process vision was questioned mocked ridiculed at expense of pleasure or entertainment of  few.
Altough I love this show or character but not expense of my self respect which can be stamped   by few to save that of character...I want my self keep out of this mess...Hope you can understand that...
Edited by kuls11 - 13 years ago
Anita1118 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This was so well said...that I don't have any comments..there is not much left to say...Hat's off to you dear...and I agree...with your disclaimer too...because somehow everytime POVs are given...some think we have started character bashing...

But your post...mind blowing...I just don't know what else to say👏👏👏
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Kuls, Good points you make. At present, I see "my" and "I" more than "us". In love and relationships, there shouldn't be any room for "my" and "I", there should only be "us". Otherwise, the relationships break and the love suffers. That is my POV.

At the present time, Teji and Geet both do not value their companions. I think that is where the comparison begins and ends. I can only say this much that all kinds of people make up the world. I am sure in this world you will come across many people who value and put individual needs above group needs. They normally go with the group (in this case family) needs as long as they are inline with their individual needs. But when there is a clash, they give more importance to individual needs rather than the group needs. And there are others that are the exact opposites.  I think this is illustrated with Pammi and Geet  of the current track.

Determination of who is right and who is wrong is based on what we value in life most. I can see that exemplified in the multitude of responses your post has attracted. One important lesson I have personally learned by coming to this forum is that how much ever we may think we are right, there will always exist those that judge our words or actions as wrong. It is a very important lesson to me I think. If I have to maintain the balance in my day to day interactions with people that I care most about, I need to understand that they may sometimes perceive things in exact opposition to what I perceive. One thing I am yet to learn is how to deal with such situations. How can you respectfully disagree with those that do not agree with you? I try, but haven't found a foolproof answer to this question yet.

Edited by sksg - 13 years ago
Silentsoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: sksg

Kuls, Good points you make. At present, I see "my" and "I" more than "us". In love and relationships, there shouldn't be any room for "my" and "I", there should only be "us". Otherwise, the relationships break and the love suffers. That is my POV.

At the present time, Teji and Geet both do not value their companions. I think that is where the comparison begins and ends. I can only say this much that all kinds of people make up the world. I am sure in this world you will come across many people who value and put individual needs above group needs. They normally go with the group (in this case family) needs as long as they are inline with their individual needs. But when there is a clash, they give more importance to individual needs rather than the group needs. And there are others that are the exact opposites.  I think this is illustrated with Pammi and Geet  of the current track.

Determination of who is right and who is wrong is based on what we value in life most. I can see that exemplified in the multitude of responses your post has attracted. One important lesson I have personally learned by coming to this forum is that how much ever we may think we are right, there will always exist those that judge our words or actions as wrong. It is a very important lesson to me I think. If I have to maintain the balance in my day to day interactions with people that I care most about, I need to understand that they may sometimes perceive things in exact opposition to what I perceive. One thing I am yet to learn is how to deal with such situations. How can you respectfully disagree with those that do not agree with you? I try, but haven't found a foolproof answer to this question yet.

Sri...thanks for replying to me...Yes my comparison for TEJI and Geet was completely on present situation At present they both chose not value their spouse nor respect them. I am not accounting for anyone past responsible for it not saying this point both will continoue to do this in future. But from what I see right now I see  both blinded by 'me and I' and chose not to care for 'us'
I mite not be perfect but thats my interpretation of relationship, I just tried to explore from that prospective.

As you said forum is ocean of diverse brain who can interpret things according to their need ot their understanding. We can change that fact you can appease everyone in world. Disagreement  is spice of life given done in healthy manner. When that take abusing, mocking level we should be better keep ourselves from mud slugging.  I dint disgree with not one who didnt I agreed,,,,,Rather I respect their view of disagreing  with me...For me...I dont have to come to conclusion because thought process is already given by other party by disagreeing. ...so thats mutual anyway.
Silentsoul thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sahil0225

This was so well said...that I don't have any comments..there is not much left to say...Hat's off to you dear...and I agree...with your disclaimer too...because somehow everytime POVs are given...some think we have started character bashing...

But your post...mind blowing...I just don't know what else to say👏👏👏

Thanks Sahil...we finally  agreed on something...😆
-sann- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

You walk right in front of me
And I stand right behind, hoping that you'll turn around and see,

The tears running down my face,
And darkness all over the place,

The black under my eyes from sleepless nights,
The realization that love bites,

The love in my eyes and the pain in my heart,
The guilt of knowing you tore me apart.

Let it end your last song
Let me be on my way
Forget this night you may
Once it breaks into dawn

Who can I bind in my embrace
Can dreams ever be bound?
Only an ache remains
Tears flow unabated

But I'll still stay here and stand my ground.
I'll wait for that day when you finally turn around.

Edited by -sann- - 13 years ago
sksg thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Wow Nupsie! Awesome! You once again prove why I miss your poetry so much...
-sann- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: sksg

Wow Nupsie! Awesome! You once again prove why I miss your poetry so much...

oh harry...thnk u for ur kind words, my muse...😳😳 I miss u & ur poems tooo