FF: Love Like This (Complete-July 4) - Page 3

Posted: 12 years ago
Absolutely mind blowing...plz plz update soon...it is really a very very well written FF>..keep up the good work
YUHUUU!!!!!!!!!! so finally aru realized she loves arjun now just eager to know about arjun's feelings awesome update👏
thanks for all the positive feedback guys:) & I will put up the next part sometime today!
wow loved it...N add me  2 ur pm list...
FINALLY!!! love rashi. and rajveer is too cute.. "Before you admit your love to Arjun? Bas 4 more weeks. Mein yeh bet harna nahi chahta. Please?"
cant wait to see the interactions/confession!
continue soon!!!

Part 3: Falling and Getting Back Up

"Wake up Arohi," Simmi sang. "Arjun will be here in an hour and you need to get ready." She poked Arohi's side gently, teasingly.

Truth be told Arohi was already wide awake. She had gotten about three hours of sleep, after her phone call with Rashi. She had so many things to think about. Would she tell him? Should she tell him? Does he feel the same way? Would he say anything about that awkward phone call yesterday? She groaned loudly.

"Arohi?" Simmi asked in a voice that questioned her sanity.

"I'm up," she said loudly. "Thanks."

"Okay. I'll be downstairs. Eating breakfast." She spoke slowly.

Arohi climbed out of bed and into the bathroom. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying, purple bags were under them from my lack of sleep. No amount of make-up was going to make her presentable today. She sighed and tossed her hair into a messy ponytail. She pulled on her skinny jeans and a pink t-shirt and went downstairs.

Simmi was in the kitchen eating, Arohi got her plate and sat down quietly chewing in silence. Simmi opened her mouth to say something but her cell phone rang loudly.

"Excuse me," she said apologetically. "Hello?" Whoever was on the other line caused her face to brighten into a hundred watt grin. One guess. "No." She giggled daintily. Arohi's hand was shaking. "Yeah." Another girly giggle. "Bye." She hung up and skipped back over to Arohi, her grin wide and excited.

"He's so sweet," she gushed. "Oh that-"

"Yeah I know," Arohi said loudly. Arohi hated the way she said his name. Arrrjunn. Simmi's face fell slightly but then there was a beep outside and we both jumped. Arohi quickly dropped her plate in the sink. They walked quietly to Arjun's car. Arohi was surprised to see Simmi climb into the back of the car. She figured Simmi would want to sit up front with her new lover. Arohi slid into the passenger seat, anger and jealousy threatening to overwhelm her.

"Woah, Arohi, you look awful," Arjun noted.

"Thanks," she said icily.

"No, you look beautiful of course," he quickly backtracked. "Just tired. Worn down. Are you okay?"

No, she wanted to say. I won't be okay until you love me the way I love you. But she didn't.

"I'm fine. Just fine."

"Arohi," Rashi whined from the backseat. "Please, just take a chance!" Arohi knew instantly what she was talking about. And now was so not the time for it.

"Rashi, chup kar," Arohi warned, making each word perfectly clear.

"But Arohi!" she exclaimed. Arjun looked at Arohi, eyebrows raised. "Tum itni zidi kyun ho!" Rashi continued.

"Kya hua?" Arjun asked. He sounded slightly amused.

"Arohi! She just…usko kuch nahi dikhta, na usko apni baat samjh lagti hai na kisi aur ki." she pouted, folding her arms across her chest.

"Rashi, drop it!" Arohi was surprised to hear Arjun's voice saying this. He pulled swiftly into the parking lot, turning the car off in one fluid motion.

"Fine. But I hope ki Arohi iss baar meri baat maan le." Her voice was hard and grave. "Kyunki agar woh meri baat nahi maanegi toh yeh uski zindagi ki sabse badi galti ho gi." She climbed out of the door and slammed it behind her, storming off to class.

As soon as Simmi stepped out of the car Romit came to her and they left.

"Arohi, yeh kya keh rahi hai?" Arjun asked, his velvet voice unintentionally seductive.

"N-nothing," Arohi stuttered. "We'd better get to class." She jumped out of the car and almost ran to her next class in attempt to avoid awkward conversation with Arjun. When she got into class she sunk her head onto her desk and groaned again.

"Hey Arohi di!" Romit's cheery voice caused Arohi to lift her head off the desk and peek up at him. His wide grin mirrored Simmi's from this morning. His skin seemed to glow with excitement.

"Hi Romit," Arohi said unenthusiastically, her voice flat and bored. But that didn't discourage Romit.

"Guess who I have a date with after school?" he began, but Arohi didn't catch the rest. Honestly, she couldn't handle hearing about romance when the man she was in love with was crushing on her cousin. The teacher came in and Romit stopped short.

"Okay class turn your books to page 108 and begin reading please…"

The day went by painfully slow. Arohi tried her best not to think about Edward. But he kept popping into her mind at the most inconvenient times.

Like at lunch. They were all sitting together, Arohi, Rashi, Rajveer, Romit, Lovedeep, Arjun and Simmi. Rashi kept shooting Arohi death glares, trying to get Arohi to tell Arjun. Rajveer was scowling at Arohi for making him lose the bet. Romit and Simmi chattered constantly and Arjun kept asking Arohi if she was okay. Each time she would want to admit her feelings, seeing as he was the only one on her mind. But she couldn't.

And she kept accidentally calling people Arjun. Like when Rashi came up to her telling her to admit her love to Arjun, she said "go away Arjun" to her. Which of course brought on another ten minutes of Rashi's smugness.

And after a while, Arohi decided Rashi was right. She would never know what would happen with Arjun if she didn't try. If she didn't at least admit my feelings, she would never know if he felt the same way. And if she didn't say it now, he could be dating Simmi in a week and it would be too late. And she couldn't lose Arjun. Not now, not ever. He was much too important.

Sure she could be setting herself up for the greatest pain she had ever felt in her short twenty-one years of life. But then again, she could be setting herself up to experience the greatest love. And that was a risk she was willing to take. For Arjun, and for herself.

So that's what brought her outside Arjun's class after school. Her palms were sweaty, her stomach was so full of butterflies, she thought she might puke, and her hair was a mess from running her fingers through it constantly. When Arjun came over, he was in a rush for some reason.

"Hey Arohi," he greeted me walking towards his car. Arohi took a few deep breaths, willing herself to speak. Arjun looked up at her, his eyes confused, probably wondering why Arohi didn't answer him. "Kya hua?" he asked.

"Arjun," she breathed. He smiled, satisfied that Arohi had finally answered. She smiled back, satisfied that she had found her voice. "I have to tell you something," she began.

"Can it wait?" he asked apologetically. "I have an appointment after school and I can't be late." He gave her puppy dog eyes that she couldn't resist.

"It's important," she persisted.

"I know, but I really can't be late. Can you get a ride with Rajveer?" He glanced at his watch and cursed softly.

"Arjun I really-" She began, her voice weak. She felt tears welling up in her eyes, but bit them back. She would not let him see her cry.

"I know, Arohi, I'm sorry, but I have to go. Mein already late hoon. Mujhe baad me phone karlena please. " He smiled her favorite crooked grin, kissed her forehead and hurried away. She stood behind him, breathless and shaky.

There she was, ready to take her big leap. But he had rushed away so quickly, she hadn't even gotten a chance to jump. She had already taken the first few steps toward the edge, preparing herself. She was still standing on the edge, looking down below, wondering what would happen if she really took a dive. She had been ready. But he had sidestepped her easily, like he had known what she was going to say and didn't feel the same way. Her lower lip trembled lightly and she stumbled off, trying to find Rajveer. He was standing with Rashi and Lovedeep.

"Tumne usko bataya?" Rashi asked.

"Aro, did you?" Lovedeep asked eagerly.

"You better have," Rajveer snapped. "Tumhari waja sai mein bet har gaya!" Arohi frowned at all three of them.

"Damn Rashi tumne SABKO bata diya kya?"

"Well Rajveer ki toh batana hi tha aur Lovedeep ko to pehle se hi pata hai na. " she defended herself.

"Well no, maine usko nahi bataya, maine koshish ki lekin who pehle hi bhaag gaya." Arohi said.

Rashi pouted and Rajveer rolled his eyes.

"And now mujhe ride chahiye kyunki Arjun to chala gaya"

"Sure," Rajveer said. "Simmi ko bhi ride chahiye ka, woh bhi toh tum dono ke saath aati hai na?"

"No she was going out after school," Rashi answered.

And then it hit Arohi like a ton of bricks.

Arjun's "appointment" is a date with Simmi. That's why he didn't want to drive Rashi or me and why Simmi didn't need a ride home. Because she was going out with Arjun. He must have asked her when he called this morning. And he must have figured out how I felt about him, so that's why he lied. He could have easily heard Rashi when she was yelling on the phone last night. And he was trying to let me down easily. I felt a sob make it's way into my throat but I somehow managed to hold it in.

Unendurable pain was crushing down on Arohi. Her heart felt like it had been ripped out of her chest. She felt like she couldn't breath, like her lungs had been stabbed with the pain. She could feel herself tearing up.

I will not cry in front of everyone, she promised herself. I will not cry.

"Arohi, kaunsi duniya mein ho?" Lovedeep's voice snapped her out of her daze. She was waving her hand in front of Arohi's face, trying to get her attention.

"Yeah, sorry," she said quickly. Everyone looked at her, startled by the pain in her voice.

"Arohi tum theek ho na?" Rashi asked.

"Yeah, mujhe kya hoga. Mein bilkul theek hoon. 101%" she answered.

"Chal andar chal Aro," Lovedeep said uncertainly. "Tumhari tabiat theek nahi lag rahi." Arohi just nodded not trusting herself to speak.

They led her to the house and to her room. Rashi and Loveddep kept giving Arohi weird looks.

I will not cry, she repeated over and over, her mantra. I will not cry.

Arohi sank into her bed after Rashi and Lovedeep left. Crushing sobs ripped through her chest. Tears were streaming down her face, fast and furious, unrelenting.

She cried for herself. She cried for the pain she was feeling and for lost love. She cried for what could have been. She cried for all of the shared memories. When she looked back now, it was so obvious she was in love with him. She was the last person to know, and now it was too late.

She continued to sob and sob until she heard footsteps. It was Simmi. She was giggling, her voice excited. Another voice, a low, male voice, was whispering to her. It didn't sound like the velvet she was used to, but she figured it was because she was so far away from him. She wanted to run downstairs and toss herself into Arjun's arms, but she couldn't. She managed to calm herself down enough so her pain wasn't noticeable as Simmi came running into the room, already jabbering excitedly.

"Oh Arohi!" she said. "I just had the most wonderful date ever!" Arohi tuned her out then. She didn't want to hear about her perfect date with perfect Arjun, her Arjun.

But he's not my Arjun and he never will be.

She talked about how they had gone to the beach and blah blah blah.  Arohi kept trying to tune her out but her last words cut into her like a knife.

"And he kissed me! Right before he dropped me off. " she gushed. Arohi almost gagged. Tears started streaming down her cheeks again. "And we're going out again tomorrow! It's so wonderful! He's so wonderful." She sighed happily, opening her mouth to continue. But Arohi couldn't take it anymore.

"STOP!" she shrieked. Simmi looked taken aback and scared. She took a few steps backwards and looked at Arohi, worry in her eyes.

"I can't take it anymore! I don't want to hear about your amazing date with Arjun Singhania! I don't want to hear how amazing of a kisser he is! I don't want to hear any of i-it!" she started sobbing so hard that by the end, she couldn't even speak any longer. Simmi was watching Arohi and she was smiling.

"Stop smiling like that! It's killing me having to hear this! And you think it's funny!" she snapped, disgusted by her best friend stealing cousin.

"You didn't listen to a word I said, did you Arohi?" Simmi said with a sly smile. She shook her head slightly but she didn't look mad.

"Huh?" Arohi said stupidly.

"You weren't listening to me." It was a statement.  Arohi shrugged, not really apologetic. She didn't want to listen. "Because if you were listening," Simmi continued. "You would have realized that I wasn't talking about Arjun at all." Arohi was shocked.

"What?" She gasped.

"Arjun and I are just friends. He told me the first night. He said he loves someone else and he was sorry but he wanted us to be just friends," she explained. The walls were spinning. Arohi's whole world felt like it was being tipped upside down. Simmi didn't look too upset about Arjun not wanting her. But then everything else caught up to Arohi.

"Then who were you on a date with?" she asked.

"Romit Singhania. He called me this morning, remember?" she said calmly. And then it hit Arohi.

It wasn't Arjun that had called her. It was Romit. He even told me he had a date! Why hadn't I listened?

"And he asked me to go out to the beach with him. So I agreed." Simmi said.

"So you weren't with Arjun?" Arohi verified.

"No," Simmi said. She had a playful smirk on her lips. "You love him, don't you?" she asked. Arohi nodded unable to speak. "You know, I think you're the girl he said he was in love with. I mean it is painfully obvious. The way he looked at you, especially that first day I was here. I mean, I just assumed you two were together. It was shocking that you weren't." She smiled at Arohi's clear confusion.

"But Arjun rushed off after school…" Arohi said, more to myself then her.

"He had a doctor's appointment. He told me," she said simply. "He wanted to make sure I had a ride home."

So the reason she didn't need a ride from Rajveer wasn't because she was with Arjun. It was because she was with Romit. I should have known earlier. They kept chatting throughout lunch. And Romit chose to tell me about his date, probably thinking I'd want to know since it was my cousin. It was all so obvious now.

The relief that washed over her was so immense, it was like a huge burden was being lifted off hers houlders.

"So…you two aren't dating?" Arohi asked breathlessly.

"No," she said, shaking her head. "He's crazy about you Arohi. And I think you're pretty crazy about him too."

"I am. Oh Simmi! I am!" She gasped and jumped up and tossed her arms around Simmi's neck, hugging her tightly. She giggled lightly. "I have to go!" Arohi squealed.

"Tell him Arohi. I'll see you soon." Her eyes were twinkling and she beamed at Arohi.

"Thanks Simmi! Tell everyone where I went, if I'm not back in time," she gasped.

Arohi ran out of the door, running to Arjun's house next door. She pounded on the door and dadi and Rashi answered.

"Go tell him!" Rashi commanded, pointing upstairs.

"Hai, akhir dona noo pata lag hi gaya" Dadi exclaimed.

Of course Rashi and Dadi already knew why Arohi was here. She just nodded and made her way up to his bedroom at top speed. She froze when she was outside of his door, catching her breath.

There were two ways this could turn out.

One, I could go in there and tell him how I feel. And he could say he didn't feel the same way. My world would be crushed, my heart broken. And I would lose my best friend

Two, I could go in there and tell him how I felt. And he could say he did feel the same way. He could sweep me up into his arms and kiss me passionately and lovingly, and my heart would sing, my world would be completed. And we would live happily ever after.

She raised her sweaty hand to knock on the door, praying to God it would turn out like option two.

nice update

thnx 4 pm

pls do ocnt soon.x
very nice update eagerly waiting for the next update👏

Very nice. Look forward to the next soon. Thanks.

aww dat was a cute upd8 dear...
i was wndering abt d date.. n thnking hw cd arjun do lyk dat..
bt wen simi revealed it was romit n nt arjun i was really happyy/...
hmm cant w8 fr arjun's reaction !!
anyways thnks  fr d updatee... n pm too ...