Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Wafah

Viewbie

Wafah

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 9:19pm | IP Logged
So the dearest Mittho Mami was smugly gloating that she cut the wings to the high flying "lovebird" named Guddu...I couldn't help but think that Guddu and Runjhun are such birds that are so happy being on the ground that to them flying is rather a luxury that neither mind not having.

LOL Yes I'm comparing the main characters to birds, as crazy as it sounds.

Today while Mittho and Billo were gloating on their small victory at driving a wedge between Guddu and Runjhun, I couldn't help but feel that they they've tied Guddu and Runjhun with the like of themselves. The mamas and mamis are birds of one feather (intended) and prefer flying high. In fact the higher they fly the more happier they are. They want to be perched on the highest peak, fly the highest sky. What they don't realize is a flight using other's wings is not long lived, and the higher you fly the greater the fall.

Guddu and Runjhun have no such notions. They don't require special treatment in their lives. They quickly find happiness in the littlest of measures, for Guddu be it his self claimed "bindaas" life style, for Runjhun her Amma's happiness. These simple things mean more to them then the glitter of the stars in the sky. They don't need to fly in the sky to find the stars they are happy gathering them from the ground when the stars fall to earth.

They don't believe in things that are glorified or have high expectations from life, which is another factor that they have in common. Neither of them have an disillusion about life or what to expect from life. In case of Runjhun I think she's even almost afraid of flying because of her mamas and mamis clipping her wings for their own flight that she doesn't really trust what the sky represents. It was apparent from her conversation with Amma today, in the way she voices her fears.

Guddu is also similar in his skepticism. He in fact has learned not to trust anyone. Today when Runjhun admits to the truth that she did promise Mittho, there is almost a sense of defeat, like for a moment he wanted her to actually deny it. I liked the fact he told Runjhun that he didn't want to hear it from anyone else but her. That one line was in itself telling very much...that he wouldn't believe it from anyone else but her. This is very similar to what Runjhun tells Guddu...when she finds out that he tricked her (yes Mr. Guddu...you also forgot that you conveniently tricked her for your own purpose, which was way meaner than what she did to you) She tells him that if anyone else had told her she wouldn't have believed it but because she heard it with her own eyes and ears, him discussing it with the mamas.

So in a way they don't trust each other, but in some ways they trust only each other, because they know certain truths about each other.

So while Mittho and the other mamas and mamis might think that clipping Guddu and Runjhun's wings matter to them...it truly doesn't. If they can't fly they will readily accept the ground on which they can walk, and in someways they are more rooted to the ground then to the far reaching sky.

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

skamanitrish1AnovaEtna_DiauzeeJulie0001PrabhkalluEcliPSe_2010shanak.hotrusha4003sur001gardesOmaRamdassbee5slmu

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Of Birds that Don't Fly" in Bhagonwali - Baante Apni Taqdeer forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

uzee

uzee

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 10:27pm | IP Logged
"So in a way they don't trust each other, but in some ways they trust only each other, because they know certain truths about each other. "

well said, and awesome analysis...Clap

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaPrabhkallushanak.hotWafahsur001

EcliPSe_2010

Goldie

EcliPSe_2010

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 10:33pm | IP Logged
I love it. 
Especially your apt description of both R&G's hopes, aspirations.  They both don't have a lot of expectations from life, they both want just happiness and love for the ppl they love, as of now its their mother or mother figure as in R' s case.   One of the first things I noticed in R's character when I started watching this series is that she doesn't have any hopes,dreams or expectations for herself.   And G's the same way, he probably just finds his happiness in his bike ride.  But all that void, or absence of thinking about themselves, is changing in both their lives.  For example, he was happy when he went gift shopping for her, he was holding unto the plastic shopping bag on his bike in case it might fly away...& R, when she entered the room holding the tray of snacks and tea for him, she seemed to be smiling.   
I love both these characters for the simple fact that they find their happiness in the small things that matter to them.  In that regard they both have their feet on the ground.  
I felt sad watching R's convo with amma.  It seems she is afraid of anything good happening to her.  There is fear in the girl.  But as they say the best way to get rid of fear is not to run away from it, instead to embrace it.  I think once she does that which she kind of is doing already-this act will lead eventually fill her emptiness. 

Edited by EcliPSe_2010 - 20 April 2011 at 10:54pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaPrabhkallushanak.hotWafahrusha4003sur001

shanak.hot

Goldie

shanak.hot

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 11:29pm | IP Logged
I love dit wafah....and everything sounds so right

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Etna_DiaPrabhkalluWafahsur001

bee5

IF-Rockerz

bee5

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 1:01am | IP Logged
Nothing more to say, Wafah. You have said it all....
One more lovely post.

Though Guddu is aware of M&Ms evilness .. he really doesn't know the extent. While Runjhun has faced it almost all her life, she is so ignorant about it. So, in a way they both are so oblivious to all the evilness surrounding them .. but they are so content and do not want anything. 

Neither of them have an disillusion about life or what to expect from life. 
(To that (above line of yours), I would borrow your own words and say) - But they strictly do not believe in flying high on borrowed wing.

Etna_DiaPrabhkalluWafahrusha4003

rusha4003

IF-Dazzler

rusha4003

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 1:05am | IP Logged
Fabulous piece of writing Wafah !!!

And so true ..... Mitto gloating that she clipped the lovebirds' wings ..... when in reality ....  R & G aren't even the high-fly kind !!!

They are both rooted to the ground in the best sense of the word ..... 

All Runjhun cares for is the happiness of her Amma, like wise Guddu.

So why would they ever dream of flying high ?

So the Mitto concept of flying high being equated to happiness / success doesn't really apply to them !!!

For R the greatest joy would be .... when she finds that 'one' person to love and who loves only her ! All her life she's been standing in the wings waiting for that special feeling of 'belonging' !

What would complete G is ..... someone who loves him for what he is and has implicit faith in him ! He's been like a rudderless boat, tossed around by the life. And all he's looking for is someone at his side, matching his every step.

So ..... why would these two need to fly .... When they're  perfectly happy walking along .... hand in hand !

Edited by rusha4003 - 21 April 2011 at 1:09am

Etna_DiaPrabhkalluWafahbee5

Etna_Dia

Etna_Dia

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 4:54am | IP Logged
     Wafah, you describe the characters of Runjhun and Guddu in such wonderful words! You are right: they are such complex characters, but in the same time their vision of life is very simple. They just want to see the people that they care about being happy: and when they will start to love each other, then the happiness of one will be the happiness of the other one! And that is how love should be: to make everything to see the person that you love being happy!
     But, Mittho, from what i see, doesn't have such notions of love: she only thinks about how to take advantages from of her merriage!
      I also had the feeling that if Runjhun had denied it, he would have believed her because he wanted so much that all of her actions considering him form the other day were true!

@rusha: you said it very well: "they  are  perfectly happy walking along hand in hand !"

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Wafah

gardes

IF-Dazzler

gardes

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 7:00am | IP Logged
Wafah,

Both Guddu and Runjhun are characterized as products of life's bad realities, that have made their lives around their realities, without having left good human values behind.  Their personal needs are few so they are content and don't feel the need to soar.

Both have few things to call their own, yet have enough to keep them happy and are content in their existence.  One of the snippet I loved in the last few episodes was when Guddu looks at the bangles in the shop during his gift-giving spree and immediately thinks of his guilt at breaking Runjhun's bangles.   A little good in his life has a potential to change him a lot.  Very touching.

The M & M's are shown to have existed by cheating, grabbing, possessing, inflicting without reason or compunction.  Nothing will ever be enough for them.

Though Guddu and Runjhun come from very different sides of the street they have a common ground to meet in and still maintain their own astitvas.  They speak the same language but maybe with a different inflection.  Very earthbound.

Edited by gardes - 21 April 2011 at 7:56am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rusha4003bee5

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.