Sports/Cricket

KKR LOSES OUT ANOTHER NAIL BITING FINISH...:(

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Heart_Hacker-

IF-Stunnerz

Heart_Hacker-

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
hey friends Kkr my fav Ipl team loses out another nailbitimg finish....Kallis,gauti,yusuf failures proves costly to KKR....nw they huwon 3 out of 5 games.....now the tournament is wide open...no one is favourite now...so do give ur views?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4everHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "KKR LOSES OUT ANOTHER NAIL BITING FINISH...:(" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

serendipity.

IF-Stunnerz

serendipity.

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 1:25pm | IP Logged
Ughh! Pinch
yeah! they shouldve won the game!!
they deserved it!

Shakib! Cool

hehe, but the batting was awful tonite! Hope they bounce back in the next game! :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart_Hacker-

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

Ughh! Pinch
yeah! they shouldve won the game!!
they deserved it!

Shakib! Cool

hehe, but the batting was awful tonite! Hope they bounce back in the next game! :)

But it wasn't exactly a great batting track and so I have to say hats off to Mahela for assessing the pitch correctly and estimating that 130-140 would be par on the pitch (which in the end, it was)

I thought Kochi deserved that for their great bowling performance.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart_Hacker-

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 12:01am | IP Logged
With 3 wins in 4 matches Mumbai is clear favorite.... Tongue

Difficult pitch but i thnk dull shot selection by Yusuf Pathan n over cautiousness while chasing the run cost the match to KKR !!!

Well played KTK !!!!

Keep-----------Smiling !!!!! Smile

.Vrish.

Viewbie

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 12:35am | IP Logged
Problem is that for most of the games, KKR did not bat beyond Manoj Tiwari, and so yesterday was the first time the likes of Shakib, Bhatia got to bat, and it seemed like deer in the headlights for them.

If a track is as slow as this, I'm not sure why exactly is Morgan batting.  Replace him w/ Haddin, and open w/ Gambhir & Kallis, and have Bisla or Goswami as a pure batsman bat down the order, making it somewhat flexible depending on the track and who's going to do the bulk of the bowling.  Tomorrow, KKR will be facing Vettori & Dilshan, which should enable them to be more effective, but make the opening overs count even more.  Hold back Haddin for the slog overs, when the pace bowlers return.  Have Haddin or Morgan's role to bat overs 16-20, when you are likely to confront the likes of Steyn, Malinga, Parnell, Thomas, et al.  But have Pathan in the middle overs, when spin is operating full time.  Manoj Tiwari @ the other end can be a middle order anchor role, after Gambhir & Kallis give the team a quick start.

Another thing last night - I don't think Pathan should come early on, but when they lost their 3rd wicket Bisla, that was when Pathan should have been sent in instead of Morgan - he'd have handled Murli and Jadeja a lot more effectively, and had more time to settle.  That should have been followed by Shakib, Bhatia and then Morgan.  Reason being that Pathan, Shakib & Bhatia need time to settle down, whereas Morgan hits from the word go.

All that said, KKR clearly lacks in batting depth - both Indian and overseas.  Apart from Kallis, you have only Morgan, and I'm not sure how good James Pattinson would be.  From the Indians, you have just Gambhir & Pathan, but the others seem pretty weak.

My proposed batting order for KKR

Gambhir
Kallis
Bisla/Goswami (w)
Manoj Tiwari
Yusuf Pathan
Shakib
Iqbal Abdullah
Bhatia/Sangwan
Haddin (w)/Morgan/TenDoschate
Brett Lee
Balaji

Parachute.

IF-Sizzlerz

Parachute.

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 3:32am | IP Logged

At the end of the day, they lost by only 6 runs which is much closer than what I was expecting the game to go down to. 6 RUNS! Thats like, one six from Pathan LOL Its fine, they'll bounce back... :)

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:13am | IP Logged
@Vrish-i totally agree with ur team composition...we will bounce back for sure, fingerscrossed...
as Gauti said,no excuses the game shud have been won by KKR...the bowlers n fielders did their job....the batters need to pull up their socks...hopefully v shall win tomorrows match against RCB Smile

sushii.

Goldie

sushii.

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 1:43am | IP Logged
Favorites? Of course Mumbai Indians Big smile 

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.