Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by: misti73

IfBumbum asks for the promise, she should ask him what right does he have to ask her for this? Also that she will not tell anyone about this childhood marriage but she will not marry herself........

Yes, I really hope that they show this dialogue from her.  She doesn't have any obligation towards his family.  So with what right he is asking her to accept this marriage.  Does he have a right to tell her to make her life miserable so that he can pay his debts.  This is what bugs me in these serials.  Sacrificing of people is depicted as greatness.  The character who is being sacrificed (Dev in CB1 and Radhika in CB2) never questions the person who is sacrificing them.  So realistically Radhika  should be feeling resentful towards Dev.  On one hand he is rejecting her and then simultaneously asking her to make this life altering decision because it suits him.  

I too want her to say that she won't tell anyone about this marriage as it involves both and if one person doesn't accept it, the other can not force that person to accept.  But the marriage is her individual choice and she will not marry Rohan.  If he has a right to refuse to marry Chanda, so does she.  Obviously, Radhika doesn't know about this but it is irrelevant.  I don't want some tricks by Kanha to stop the marriage.  If Kanha was going to this much trouble, wouldn't it be easier for him to give Dev some brains so that he can figure out the truth about Kabutarni and stop the wedding.  It has to be Dev and Radhika who stop the wedding and if Dev doesn't support Radhika, then she should stop it by herself.

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

12 years back when the swamiji did his future telling and specified that it is the choti bahu.......the girl who is married to the youngest grandson will be the main person and it will be she who will set things straight, he actually indicated who will be the strong one in the relationship.The youngest grandson will not have in him to become the RP he will need his wifes support for that...to me that was the indication that the youngest grandson will be a flawed character......one with issues or insecurities which his wife will remove.

Radhika about week back thought that her father will always support her......that got broken last week.......then although she was apprehensive regarding whether kk will remember her, now that she knows that Dev was interested in her and that he is her KK she has also taken it for granted that if she tells him then he will accepted her version of the facts.....Radhika tends to believe that others will believe what she believes in,....but that is usually not the case. In order for her to mature and open her eyes to the real world, specially when she has to become the RPtian and survive in that house, she needs to be brought down to the earth.............she has to be made to understand that it is not necessary that what she believes in others will also believe.........she also has to understand that sometimes one has to go against others.......even if one loves them for ones beliefs, specially if one thinks that something wrong might happen. So thats why I won't mind her realizing that Dev will not support her........ at least for now.........and that she might have to travel alone for some more time.........she already has a hunch that something is wrong with Dev.
Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

12 years back when the swamiji did his future telling and specified that it is the choti bahu.......the girl who is married to the youngest grandson will be the main person and it will be she who will set things straight, he actually indicated who will be the strong one in the relationship.The youngest grandson will not have in him to become the RP he will need his wifes support for that...to me that was the indication that the youngest grandson will be a flawed character......one with issues or insecurities which his wife will remove.

Radhika about week back thought that her father will always support her......that got broken last week.......then although she was apprehensive regarding whether kk will remember her, now that she knows that Dev was interested in her and that he is her KK she has also taken it for granted that if she tells him then he will accepted her version of the facts.....Radhika tends to believe that others will believe what she believes in,....but that is usually not the case. In order for her to mature and open her eyes to the real world, specially when she has to become the RPtian and survive in that house, she needs to be brought down to the earth.............she has to be made to understand that it is not necessary that what she believes in others will also believe.........she also has to understand that sometimes one has to go against others.......even if one loves then or ones beliefs, specially if one thinks that something wrong might happen. So thats why I won't mind her realizing that Dev will not support her........ at least for now.........and that she might have to travel alone for some more time.........she already has a hunch that something is wrong with Dev.

As long as they don't show Radhika accepting Dev's conditions.  It is likely they will show rejecting that kiddie marriage because he either doesn't remember it or won't have importance for him the way it has for Radhika who has lived with that belief for 12 years. Also, it is convenient for him to negate that marriage.  But he will have to use Radhika's feelings for him to convince her to not tell this to anybody else. So that implies that he is using Radhika for his own purposes and he would have to atone for that at some point.  

As far as Radhika is concerned, she has to be shown refusing this marriage.  She always refused marriage with somebody else regardless of the pressure put on by her family.  So if she can go against her father,  she can also go against Dev in refusing the wedding.  I don't want them to show that since Radhika is so much in love with Dev, she is meekly accepting his wrong actions.  

So they have to show her initial devastation as this would be the biggest disappointment in her life.  She has always counted on KK coming back to her and supporting her and now that it is Dev, she is even more convinced about his support.  But after that initial devastation, she has to protest his actions and not something what they showed during Abhay track.  There she stayed quiet when Abhay signed that agreement with Katyani in which he promised to marry Kanika even as Dev.  So this Radhika has to be shown fighting for her rights and for what she so strong believes in.
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: why3

As long as they don't show Radhika accepting Dev's conditions. 
Radhika's marriage is her essence and if she says yes to a second marriage then can her character be redeemed......won't it be better if she steps back and sets Dev free from his side of the marriage, and choose not to get married to anyone else.
 It is likely they will show rejecting that kiddie marriage because he either doesn't remember it or won't have importance for him the way it has for Radhika who has lived with that belief for 12 years. Also, it is convenient for him to negate that marriage.  But he will have to use Radhika's feelings for him to convince her to not tell this to anybody else. So that implies that he is using Radhika for his own purposes and he would have to atone for that at some point.
As far as Radhika is concerned, she has to be shown refusing this marriage.  She always refused marriage with somebody else regardless of the pressure put on by her family.  So if she can go against her father,  she can also go against Dev in refusing the wedding.  I don't want them to show that since Radhika is so much in love with Dev, she is meekly accepting his wrong actions.    
Well if Radhika lets herself be used the she will also have to learn a lesson......that she is letting her emotions rule her judgement. As for Dev..........I am wondering what he is sacrificing,........he isn't sacrificing his love because he has already given up on it.......he also is not sacrificing Radika because she is not his to sacrifice..she is a human being and not is property.............so is he sacrificing his self respect ?

So they have to show her initial devastation as this would be the biggest disappointment in her life.  She has always counted on KK coming back to her and supporting her and now that it is Dev, she is even more convinced about his support.  But after that initial devastation, she has to protest his actions and not something what they showed during Abhay track.  There she stayed quiet when Abhay signed that agreement with Katyani in which he promised to marry Kanika even as Dev.  So this Radhika has to be shown fighting for her rights and for what she so strong believes in.
Yes.....want to see all this.

Edited by misti73 - 13 years ago
Angie12 thumbnail

Radhika's marriage is her essence and if she says yes to a second marriage then can her character be redeemed......won't it be better if she steps back and sets Dev free from his side of the marriage, and choose not to get married to anyone else.
Yes, that is what I would like to see.  It is not consistent with Radhika to agree to a marriage with someone else knowing that Dev is her first husband.  Even if the marriage doesn't happen (melodramatic twists) and even if Radhika is shown praying to Kanha to prevent it,  just agreeing to it and not doing anything actively to stop it would destroy Radhika's character for me.
Well if Radhika lets herself be used the she will also have to learn a lesson......that she is letting her emotions rule her judgement. As for Dev..........I am wondering what he is sacrificing,........he isn't sacrificing his love because he has already given up on it.......he also is not sacrificing Radika because she is not his to sacrifice..she is a human being and not is property.............so is he sacrificing his self respect ?

I really like these last three sentences.  Radhika is not an item that can be given to someone else.  Even in Mahabharat, they showed Draupadi questioning Yudhistar's rights about gambling her in the game.  She was resentful that she and other brothers were treated as a property by him.  That's why his character is never a hero regardless of how much he believed in justice.   Now the question is that if Dev is not sacrificing anything but his self respect,  would he be considered a hero?  This would really bring him down for many in the audience. 

At least personally I don't like to see such a flawed character as a hero.  He is indeed sacrificing his self respect when he does that.  He can negate the childhood marriage (it is his personal belief vs. Radhika's), sacrifice his love, tell Radhika to keep the marriage a secret but can not emotionally blackmail her to marry Rohan.  That is wrong on all counts.  So I hope that chunnu munnu seriously think about this and let him leave at the point where he either doesn't believe Radhika or still  steps aside believing her version but not believing in the marriage.  But don't show him telling Radhika to accept this marriage.  I would even accept if he tells Radhika that he can't support her but it is finally her decision to marry or not to marry Rohan.  Since it is her fight and she has to do it alone.  So she fights alone until he can't take her suffering and finally breaks free of his shackles.

If he indeed forces Radhika to go ahead with the marriage (we all know the marriage won't happen in the end), then is his character redeemable?  For a lot of audience,  his character would lose its shine and people start disliking a lead character, it is quite bad for the serial.

radha_bilahari thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Thanks for your comments.

The stage has been set up for today's episode is my first impression of y'day's episode.  I am talking of the BB and dadaji scene and her interaction with Dev.  Where was the necessity for Dev to know that Rohan has been chosen to be the next RP by senior?Today when Radhika tells him about their child marriage, he has to have this in mind to turn down her arguments or saach.  i am completely perplexed by Dev giving a vacchan, now who asked him for any such thing?  therefore, I felt that scene was more or less a set up for today's episode.  If Dev because of his insecurities turns down Radhika that by itself would have been logical, let us se what Dev tells Radhika--how he turns down her truth, whether he is expecting her to marry Rohan or will he pressurise her by saying that he is going to marry Chanda, or he just tells his POV and asks Radhika to do what she thinks is correct. or he does not remember the child marriage and chooses not to believe Radhika.  I hope they dont make Dev terrible here but reasonable, so far it has been fine and hope they maintain the characterisation.

Rightly observed by you, Mohini is slowly being peeled.  She has been toned down and she is carrying some hurt, probably because she is not having a happy married life.  Maybe a slow build up of the next track.

Just wondering whether we will have someone eavesdropping on Radhika and Dev's conversation in the temple?I feel there must be someone else who should also get to know this truth.

Wonder what role the gold fish will have?  whether his contribution will be negative or positive? Will we have one of the orange dress wale give some baashan to Dev about Pati Dharm?😉

misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: v3gradev09

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

LOL I'm still laughing at ur post! :) Loved the song very funnnyyyyyyyyy!

(In a good way)

Thank you. Glad you liked it.😉
misti73 thumbnail
RADEV1000 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Misti thnx 4 ur views......read ur comments n now sharin mine.......

1) Firstly i will echo ur thoughts abt Bumbum's character ..... Hope CV will not ruin it.... i read on another post abt angies thoughts ... she was also tellin that here sacrifisin 9if Bumbum do so) will be a thing against religion..... but i think it would be also a very very Big snag to morality even.... Bumbum should atleast think abt Puljhari ... she is not a Plaything.... Dat "jab chahe khel khel me shaadi kar lia phir aur kisi se shaddi karwa dia..'"... this gonna spoil Dev's charecter.... n it would be such a big injustice to Phuljhari..... hope CV would think of that .... n would not gonna spoil the niether radhs nor dev's charecter .. they r the soul of CB.......

2)Dunno even why they r also spoilin Rohan's charecter... they r showin him such a fool..... in front of him Radhs was stairin at Dev ... several eye contacts happened between two.... but he realized none.... this is realy bogus ...... each n every charecter has its own position on a soap.... n it matters a lottt... but unfortunately our CV is not aware of it at all..... n also another thing i was thinkin.. that its not always necessary to only revolve around Radev na ... sum thin regardin  supportin charecters could also be shown along with Radev's one....  

3)Mohini ... as u said wre brilliant .... 😆... nothin to say abt her.... they way she said Chanda... lol...🤣....... hope we would get see more shades lyk this on other charecters also..
misti73 thumbnail
Originally posted by: radha_bilahari

Misti,

Thanks for your comments.
You are welcome Radha.

The stage has been set up for today's episode is my first impression of y'day's episode.  I am talking of the BB and dadaji scene and her interaction with Dev.  Where was the necessity for Dev to know that Rohan has been chosen to be the next RP by senior?Today when Radhika tells him about their child marriage, he has to have this in mind to turn down her arguments or saach.  i am completely perplexed by Dev giving a vacchan, now who asked him for any such thing?  therefore, I felt that scene was more or less a set up for today's episode.  If Dev because of his insecurities turns down Radhika that by itself would have been logical, let us se what Dev tells Radhika--how he turns down her truth, whether he is expecting her to marry Rohan or will he pressurise her by saying that he is going to marry Chanda, or he just tells his POV and asks Radhika to do what she thinks is correct. or he does not remember the child marriage and chooses not to believe Radhika.  I hope they dont make Dev terrible here but reasonable, so far it has been fine and hope they maintain the characterisation.
Dev getting to know about dadaji telling the badi bahu regarding youngest grandson, Rohan and RP also opens up the possibility regarding someone else other than Dev also getting to know about it.......As for the vachan, I think it was done to show Devs commitment to dadaji and his dreams......badi bahu said that because of dadajis wishes she is removing Virath ....so Dev might have thought that if she can remove Virath her own son, then I can remove Radhika my love. The makers I think might have wanted to pass the message that he is not stepping back because of Rohans tantrum....but because of dadaji..As for your choices regarding Dev telling what I will prefer your third option....telling his POV and then leaving the decision to Radhika.

Rightly observed by you, Mohini is slowly being peeled.  She has been toned down and she is carrying some hurt, probably because she is not having a happy married life.  Maybe a slow build up of the next track.
Yes if thats what they are doing then it is good........thats how it should be done slowly building up a coming track when on track is going on.....so that when this one finishes the other one starts and there is a smooth transition.Hopefully they will show emotional closure of this track mainly through Radhika's reaction when her KK breaks her dreams and Devs helplessness to that. 

Just wondering whether we will have someone eavesdropping on Radhika and Dev's conversation in the temple?I feel there must be someone else who should also get to know this truth.
Yes......the truth should be opened slowly to each character..until now badi bahu knew about the will truth and for that she forced the marriage. Now inorder to counteract that Radhika got to know about the identity of KK.........to balance Radhikas arguments Dev also got to know the truth and also thinks that it is all dadajis wish.....so he will step back and will work for Rohan -Radhika marriage...........now if he tells this to Radhika then Radhika will know about the youngest grandson thing ...........but someone else might have to hear this too.......that KK is Dev and that through marriage to Radhika Rohan will become RP.......so all the wealth comes to Radhika. wonder if Radhika will get to know what Devs position is in the family.
Lets see whether they do all this or not.

Wonder what role the gold fish will have?  whether his contribution will be negative or positive? Will we have one of the orange dress wale give some baashan to Dev about Pati Dharm?😉
Lets see until now I have been treating goldfish like a carrot........his going away is equivalent to a store room to me now.😉

Previous
1 2 3
Next