Sports/Cricket

will Dada play for Kochi Tuskers Kerala?

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Heart_Hacker-

IF-Stunnerz

Heart_Hacker-

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 3:27am | IP Logged
hey friends as slc has rejected the Bcci appeal for sl players to play for ipl....n will dada replace Mahela as a captain of KTK?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

pria4ever

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "will Dada play for Kochi Tuskers Kerala?" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
even i heard the same...SL cricket board has asked the players to return by May5th, hence Chris Gayle wud be joining Deccan Chargers...n Dada is being asked to join KTK...hoping for the best!Big smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Heart_Hacker-

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 11:43pm | IP Logged
Yeah, the news of Sri Lankan board directive is here

Depending on whether it stands, the following teams will lose the following players:

Former captains Sangakkara (Deccan Chargers) and Mahela Jayawardene (Kochi Tuskers), Suraj Randiv and Nuwan Kulasekara (Chennai Super Kings), Dilhara Fernando and Lasith Mallinga (Mumbai Indians), Angelo Mathews (Pune Warriors) and Muttiah Muralitharan and Thisara Perera (Kochi Tuskers) are the other Sri Lankan players in IPL.  Since Muralitharan has retired, he can probably stay on, but the rest would have to leave.  For MI, it would be a big setback, since they'd be w/o Malinga, but Malinga has been disinclined to play tests, and there has been speculation about whether he's deliberately preferring the IPL since he doesn't want to play tests, but just the 50-50 and 20-20 formats.

About Dada, I don't see how Kochi gains by having him, since they already have Laxman.  Dada's role would be no different from Dravid in RR and Laxman in KTK - in those 2 sides, both provide a sheet anchor role, and if a spinner is brought on early to curb Watson or McCullum, these 2 can then take a bulk of the strike and hit them out of the park, thereby shielding their big striker and enabling him to face the quicker bowlers.  Sehwag is theoretically supposed to do the same for David Warner, except that he's been getting out early in every match so far.

So if it makes sense for any team to take Dada on the same grounds that Laxman & Dravid have been taken, it would make sense for DC if Michael Lum is included once Sangakara goes.  Every other team already has one Indian, one foreign opener - Gilchrist/Valthalty, Watson/Dravid, Warner/Sehwag, Kallis/Bisla (or Gambhir), Jacobs/SRT, M Hussey/Vijay, McCullum/Laxman.  In case of RCB, if they lose Dilshan to the SL tour, they'd probably replace him w/ Chris Gayle, whom they have signed on.  But they do have a somewhat long batting line-up, so they could choose to have, say, Saurabh Tiwari opening w/ Gayle, followed by Kohli, AB, Pujara and the rest, since Mayank Agarwal is not firing.  In short, RCB is pretty rich on batting and won't need Dada.

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:04am | IP Logged
Gayle wud be playing for RCB not Deccan...
it seems tat Malinga will have to go back too, coz the SL board has not accepted his request...
i guess, Dada wud be needed as he still does have a huge fan following...considering tat he was in the top 5 highest run getters in IPL..anyways...i am a fan of Dada,so wud be happy if he plays...atleast he deserves to be treated respectfully....

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:21am | IP Logged
RCB is what I said - I didn't see anywhere my saying that Dada will play for DC Confused

pria4ever

IF-Dazzler

pria4ever

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 8:50am | IP Logged
yaar,in my previous reply i said tat dada may play for DC, so i was correcting my statement...chillBig smile

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 9:10am | IP Logged
oh, I didn't read your previous post... sorry

Edited by _Vrish_ - 21 April 2011 at 9:10am

-Vrinda-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Vrinda-

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 6:42am | IP Logged
very happy that dada is back!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by vrinda2010 - 22 April 2011 at 6:43am

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.