Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 3

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by bhinder.thind

Originally posted by _Vrish_

I'd prefer Fleming or someone who's retired since Gary Kirsten - maybe a Hayden or Muraltharan.

Agree on all the points you mentioned .. How about Steve waugh?
Yep, him too, I had forgotten him

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "New Indian Cricket Team Coach? (Page 3)" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 2:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ansh25

Originally posted by hindu4lyf

Originally posted by ankit_nyc

Smile Kapil Dev.....I love his attitude, and fortitude...He guided us to our first cup when we were underdogs.....Give him a shot..... Smile

I actually met him a few weeks back..he seems like an amazing person. Plus he has the past record of guiding us to a WC win like you said. I guess it depends if he's willing to take on the offer too. I can imagine he may be a little hesitant as it would risk ending his career on a high like he did with the CWC. :\

Did you meet him when he came to Leicester? 

Nope not in Leicester, in London. :) He was actually here for business purposes but my uncle has a few contacts so went to see him although he didn't stay for very long.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Howlarious

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 4:59am | IP Logged
Andy flower will stay with eng
Gary kirsten is in talks with sa i think
Duncan fletcher last i heard he was with sa
I think india shud select an indian coach
Kapil dev for me or sunil gavaskar

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 5:15am | IP Logged
Steve Fleming would still be a good choice.  Or, if we pick someone from the IPL, then Darren Lehmann, if available, would be great as well.  I'm looking @ the pool of more successful IPL coaches.

In the years b4 John Wright first came, Kapil was India's manager for a while, and that too during the match fixing scams (he himself was clean, but could do nothing about it).  Gavaskar never showed any interest in this aspect of the game, and just b'cos he was a great player doesn't necessarily translate into great manager - see Greg Chappell.  Even in the roles of coach/manager, I think their time has come & gone.

baz786

IF-Sizzlerz

baz786

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 5:29am | IP Logged
Double post

Edited by baz786 - 22 April 2011 at 5:31am

Post Reply New Post

Go to top