New Indian Cricket Team Coach? - Page 2

Posted: 13 years ago
Originally posted by hindu4lyf

I actually met him a few weeks back..he seems like an amazing person. Plus he has the past record of guiding us to a WC win like you said. I guess it depends if he's willing to take on the offer too. I can imagine he may be a little hesitant as it would risk ending his career on a high like he did with the CWC. :\

Did you meet him when he came to Leicester? 
No Kapil Dev or any other Indian Coach Please .. We have tries it before and saw the Results .. Kapil Dev won't be appointed by BCCI as far as I think .. Moreover, He is sort of emotional Person as I know .. I don't want anyone to put emotions ahead ethics as a Coach of team India .. Moreover, he coached team India before if You guys don't know😊 It was in 1999 ... Except, first series win against New Zealand I reckon, We lost to Australia and SA  badly.... So yeah, If any of you remember, under what category you will put his reactions while team India Playing .. Sorry to use this word but literly crying....  I would have pasted evidence of his coaching records if I were at home.. Anyone can search on Goggle and See .. So Please don't argue on Kapil dev's name 😊
shane warne lacks discipline
stephen fleming would be good

Not Ducan Fletcher he is too defensive in his tactics and Shane Warne said no. I have mixed opinion on Andy Flower, although he has been successful for England, I don't see him succeeding for India. Plus he didn't have any joy on his face when England won the Ashes. 

Cricket is a massive sport in India and it attracts a lot of media coverage so we don't want someone like Greg Chappel who is always seeking for media attention. I say Stephen Fleming. He has done incredibly well for Chennia Superkings and he is sort of a character who would work behind the scenes just like Gary.

But alas, its on BCCI.
Edited by wanker - 13 years ago
Greg Chappell is out of the question - he was a disaster as South Australia's coach, and it was a pity that the BCCI preferred him to Tom Moody @ the behest of none other than Dada 👎🏼

I agree w/ Bhinder on Kapil Dev: in the run-up to the world cup, I thought it was laughable when I saw Kapil's critique on Dhoni's captaincy.  Kapil was one of the most disastrous captains that India ever had, whereas Dhoni is #1, bar none, not even Dada.  At any rate, given Kapil's break from the BCCI over ICL, I doubt they have anything to do w/ him.  If India has to have an Indian coach, go for Sandeep Patil, who did a good job w/ Kenya.

I'd prefer Fleming or someone who's retired since Gary Kirsten - maybe a Hayden or Muraltharan.
Originally posted by _Vrish_

I'd prefer Fleming or someone who's retired since Gary Kirsten - maybe a Hayden or Muraltharan.

Agree on all the points you mentioned .. How about Steve wagh?
Originally posted by bhinder.thind

Agree on all the points you mentioned .. How about Steve waugh?
Yep, him too, I had forgotten him
Originally posted by ansh25

Did you meet him when he came to Leicester? 

Nope not in Leicester, in London. :) He was actually here for business purposes but my uncle has a few contacts so went to see him although he didn't stay for very long.
Andy flower will stay with eng
Gary kirsten is in talks with sa i think
Duncan fletcher last i heard he was with sa
I think india shud select an indian coach
Kapil dev for me or sunil gavaskar
Steve Fleming would still be a good choice.  Or, if we pick someone from the IPL, then Darren Lehmann, if available, would be great as well.  I'm looking @ the pool of more successful IPL coaches.

In the years b4 John Wright first came, Kapil was India's manager for a while, and that too during the match fixing scams (he himself was clean, but could do nothing about it).  Gavaskar never showed any interest in this aspect of the game, and just b'cos he was a great player doesn't necessarily translate into great manager - see Greg Chappell.  Even in the roles of coach/manager, I think their time has come & gone.