Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti
Mythological Masti

India-Forums

Hanuman Jayanti Greetings: Jai Bajrangbali!

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:23pm | IP Logged

Not long after the blessed occasion of Ram Navami, we celebrate Hanumanji's birth on a day known as Hanuman Jayanti. This year it falls on the 18th of April (my tomorrow, though for many of you it's today)... so I invite all of you to share any stories/information/creations/experiences related to Hanumanji so we can join in glorifying this ideal devotee form of God!

About Hanuman Jayanti

Yatra yatra raghunatha kirtanam;
Tatra tatra kritha masthakanjalim;
Bhaspavaari paripurna lochanam;
Maarutim namata raakshasanthakam

Meaning : "We bow to Maruti, Sri Hanuman, who stands with his palms folded above his forehead, with a torrent of tears flowing down his eyes wherever the Names of Lord Rama are sung".

Sri Hanuman is worshipped all over India-either alone or together with Sri Rama. Every temple of Sri Rama has the murti or idol of Sri Hanuman. Hanuman is the Avatara of Lord Shiva. He was born of the Wind-God and Anjani Devi. His other names are Pavanasuta, Marutsuta, Pavankumar, Bajrangabali and Mahavira.

He is the living embodiment of Ram-Nam. He was an ideal selfless worker, a true Karma Yogi who worked desirelessly and dynamically. He was a great devotee and an exceptional Brahmachari or celibate. He served Sri Rama with pure love and devotion, without expecting any fruit in return. He lived to serve Sri Rama. He was humble, brave and wise. He possessed all the divine virtues. He did what others could not do-crossing the ocean simply by uttering Ram-Nam, burning the city of Lanka, and bringing the sanjeevini herb and restoring Lakshmana to life again. He brought Sri Rama and Lakshmana from the nether world after killing Ahiravana.

He had devotion, knowledge, spirit of selfless service, power of celibacy, and desirelessness. He never boasted of his bravery and intelligence.

He said to Ravana, "I am a humble messenger of Sri Rama. I have come here to serve Rama, to do His work. By the command of Lord Rama, I have come here. I am fearless by the Grace of Lord Rama. I am not afraid of death. I welcome it if it comes while serving Lord Rama."

Mark here how humble Hanuman was! How very devoted he was to Lord Rama! He never said, "I am the brave Hanuman. I can do anything and everything."

Lord Rama Himself said to Sri Hanuman, "I am greatly indebted to you, O mighty hero! You did marvellous, superhuman deeds. You do not want anything in return. Sugriva has his kingdom restored to him. Angada has been made the crown prince. Vibhishana has become king of Lanka. But you have not asked for anything at any time. You threw away the precious garland of pearls given to you by Sita. How can I repay My debt of gratitude to you? I will always remain deeply indebted to you. I give you the boon of everlasting life. All will honour and worship you like Myself. Your murti will be placed at the door of My temple and you will be worshipped and honoured first. Whenever My stories are recited or glories sung, your glory will be sung before Mine. You will be able to do anything, even that which I will not be able to!"

Thus did Lord Rama praise Hanuman when the latter returned to Him after finding Sita in Lanka. Hanuman was not a bit elated. He fell in prostration at the holy feet of Lord Rama.
   Lord Rama asked him, "O mighty hero, how did you cross the ocean?"
   Hanuman humbly replied, "By the power and glory of Thy Name, my Lord."
   Again the Lord asked, "How did you burn Lanka? How did you save yourself?"
   And Hanuman replied, "By Thy Grace, my Lord."
   What humility Sri Hanuman embodied!
   His birthday falls on Chaitra Shukla Purnima (the March-April full moon day).

On this holy day worship Sri Hanuman. Fast on this day. Read the Hanuman Chalisa. Spend the whole day in the Japa of Ram-Nam. Sri Hanuman will be highly pleased and will bless you with success in all your undertakings.

Glory to Hanuman! Glory to his Lord, Sri Rama!

Source: http://festivals.tajonline.com/hanuman-jayanti.php

Edited by lola610 - 17 April 2011 at 7:30pm

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

meeranairdiamond444DebipriyaHeartEmWatson_Ananya_Dpka1415...Mina...honeydaisyUrmila11radt...PARiNA...splnVishakha_Sakhiviniva sharmaTilashiniDoNotMind..RamKiJanaki..nisha80minuu

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 7:26pm | IP Logged
Here are a couple of video clips from various mythological serials depicting the greatness of Hanumanji:

Hanuman Chalisa
Goswami Tulsidasji's narrative poem which summarizes the virtues and deeds of Hanumanji, with clips from RS Ramayan

Hanumanji's mischievous childhood exploits and the resulting curse
Young Hanumanji plays pranks at Rishi Angiraj's ashram, for which he is cursed to forget his unique powers until the moment they are most needed for a good cause, as shown in AS Ramayan

Hanuman's flight to Lanka, meeting with Vibhishan, and blessings from Sita Maa
The hour of need arrives, Hanumanji is reminded of his powers by Jambvantji, and he flies to Lanka in search of Sita Maa... he overcomes several obstacles along the way, and once he reaches, he helps fellow Ram bhakt Vibhishan gain confidence in his own devotion... he then finds Sita Maa, gains her trust, and assures her that Shri Ram will soon arrive for her rescue... she blesses him that he may be most dear to Shri Ram forever, and upon his return Shri Ram confirms this blessing (from RS Ramayan)

Saving Lakshman's Life
Hanumanji brings the Dronagiri Parvat on which there are divine plants that save Lakshman's life after he has been struck by Meghnaad's barchhi (RS Ramayan)

Hanumanji reveals that SiyaRam reside in his heart
After receiving a costly gift of jewels from SiyaRam on the divine occasion of their Rajyabhishek, Hanumanji responds that it pales in comparison to the priceless treasure of having the image of his beloved SiyaRam reflect in his heart - and he is blessed with this very gift by them (RS Uttar Ramayan)

Hanumanji applies sindoor for Shri Ram's wellbeing
Upon learning of the auspiciousness of sindoor from Sita Maa, Hanumanji disregards the thought of ridicule by others and applies it all over his body to promote Shri Ram's long life (AS Ramayan)

Edited by lola610 - 17 April 2011 at 8:24pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaDpka1415Urmila11honeydaisyradt...PARiNA...viniva sharmaVishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..nisha80DoNotMindminuu

Urmila11 IF-Dazzler
Urmila11
Urmila11

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:32pm | IP Logged

Pavan-tanaya sankat-harana, mangal muroti roop
Ram-Lakshman-Seeta sahita hridaya basahun suro bhoop!

Happy Birthday my dear Hanumanji! here is a small gift from my side,

Hanuman Chalisa by Anup Jalota,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD0Lnh0IJHY

Thanks Lola for creating the thread! May Lord Hanuman bless all of you!
Jai Hanuman!

Edited by Urmila11 - 17 April 2011 at 8:54pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

diamond444Debipriya_Ananya_Dpka1415honeydaisyradtSidda8lola610...PARiNA...Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..nisha80minuu

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:05pm | IP Logged
Happy Hanuman Jayanti, everyone!Party Will try to make some creations if possible, but in case I am late, I will not put any specific Jayanti text on them and just write Jai Hanuman or something.LOL

Thanks for sharing the vids, Lola, I love all of them soooooo much, esp the entire Sundar Kand from RSR. It was so beautifully portrayed and I never get bored of watching it.Day Dreaming And the Sindhoor epi from ASR is another fav, it was taken very well!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaDpka1415lola610Sidda8Vishakha_Sakhiviniva sharma

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:27pm | IP Logged
@ Sema - what a beautiful gift dear, I'm sure He loves it! God bless!!!

@ Janu - lol same here, I'm gonna try and make generic gifts so, hypothetically speaking, He could use them year round if He had an IF account LOL Luckily I have one ready that I didn't put in the update from the scene where he carries RamLakhan on his shoulders, will post it when I get on my desktop tomorrow. And glad you liked the choice of scenes, I too love them... they're all timeless and there's so much to learn from each line Day Dreaming

And btw guys, feel free to share stories about him from other sites as well as YT videos of bhajans you like, and even lyrics/translations of prayers dedicated to him in any language, apart from siggies until you make them!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11Dpka1415...PARiNA...Sidda8

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Here's a siggie I just made real quick, a simple one on his emotional reaction to his first glimpse of Sita Maa suffering in Ashok Vatika but glowing with devotion to Shri Ram... feel free to use guys, Happy Birthday Bajrangbali!!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaUrmila11...PARiNA...Vishakha_Sakhi

lola610 IF-Rockerz
lola610
lola610

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 9:58pm | IP Logged

Content Removed

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

diamond444Debipriya_Ananya_honeydaisyUrmila11Dpka1415Vishakha_Sakhi

...PARiNA... IF-Rockerz
...PARiNA...
...PARiNA...

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 4:49am | IP Logged
Happy Hanuman Jayanti Everyone !!

H = Humility (Respect)
         A = Administration (Ethics)
N = Nobility (Loyalty)
                  U = Understanding (Knowledge)
       M = Mindful (Compassion)
                           A = Accomplishment (Determination)
                              N = Nishkama-karma (Selfless Service)

Hanuman Chalisa

Shri Guru Charana Sarojaraja
Nija mana mukura sudhari
Varanao Raghuvara Vimala yasha
Jo dayaka phala chari
Budhi Hina Tanu Janikai
Sumirau Pavana Kumar
Bal budhi Vidya dehu mohi
Harahu Kalesa Vikar

Jaya Hanumana gyana guna sagara
Jaya Kapisa tihun loka ujagara
Rama doota atulita bala dhama
Anjani-putra Pavana suta nama

Mahavira Vikrama Bajrangi
Kumati nivara sumati Ke sangi
Kanchana varana viraja suvesa
Kanana Kundala Kunchita Kesa

Hatha Vajra Aru Dhvaja Virajai
Kandhe moonja janevu chajai
Sankara suvana kesari Nandana
Teja pratapa maha jaga vandana

Vidyavana guni ati chatura
Rama kaja kari veko aatura
Prabhu charitra suni veko rasiya
Rama Lakhana Sita mana Basiya

Sukshma roopa dhari Siyahi dikhava
Vikata roopa dhari lanka jarava
Bhima roopa dhari asura samhare
Ramachandra ke kaja savare

Laya Sajivana Lakhana Jiyaye
Shri Raghuvira Harakhi ura laye
Raghupati Kinhi bahuta badaayee
Kaha Bharata sama Tuma priya bhaayee
sahasa vadana tumharo yasha gavai
asa kahi Shripati kantha lagaavai
Sanakaadika Brahmadi Muneesha
Narada Sarada sahita Aheesa

Yama Kubera Digapala Jahan te
Kavi kovida kahi sakai kahan te
Tuma upkara Sugreevahin keenha
Ram milaye rajapada deenha
Tumharo mantra Vibheeshana maana
Lankeshwara Bhaye Saba jaga jana
Yuga sahasra yojana para Bhanu
Leelyo tahi madhura phala jaanu

Prabhu mudrika meli mukha mahee
Jaladhi langhi gaye achraja nahee
Durgaama kaja jagata ke jete
Sugama anugraha tumhare tete
Rama dulaare tuma rakhavare,
Ho tava aagnya pinu paithaare
Saba sukha lahai tumhari sharana
Tuma rakshaka kahu ko dara na

Aapana teja tumharo aapai
Teeno loka hanka te kampai
Bhoota pisacha Nikata nahin aavai
Mahavira jaba naama sunavai
Nasai roga harai saba peera
Japata nirantara Hanumata veera
Sankata se Hanumana chudavai
Mana Krama Vachana dhyaan jo lavai

Saba para nama tapasvee raja
Tina ke kaja sakala Tuma saja
Aura manoratha jo koi lavai
taasu amita jeevana phala pavai
Chaaron Yuga parataapa tumhara
Hai para sidha jagata ujiyara
Sadhu Santa ke tuma Rakhaware
Asura nikandana Rama dulhare

Ashta sidhi nau nidhi ke data
asa vara deenha Janaki mata
Rama rasayana tumhare pasa
Saadara tuma Raghupati ke dasa
Tumhare bhajana Ram ko bhaavai
Janma janma ke dukha bisa ravai
Antha kaala Raghupati pura jayee
Jahan janma Hari-Bhakta Kahayee

Aura Devata Chitta na dharayi
Hanumatha se yi sarva sukha karayi
Sankat hatai mitai saba peera
Jo sumirai Hanumata Balaveera
Jai Jai Jai Hanumana Gosayee
Krupaa Karo Guru deva ki naayi
yaha sata vaara patha kara joyi
Chutahi bandhi maha sukh hoyi

Jo yaha padhai Hanumana Chalisa
Hoya siddhi sakhi Gaureesa
Tulsidasa sada hari chera
Keejai natha Hrudaya maha dera
Keejai natha Hrudaya maha dera

Pavana tanaya sankata harana
Mangala murati roopa
Rama Lakhana Sita sahita
Hridaya basahu sura

and a creation on Hanuman ji

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 19 April 2011 at 8:56am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

DebipriyaDpka1415honeydaisySidda8Vishakha_Sakhi

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index