I wish I knew why my films flopped: Abhi

sheee thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

I don't analyse my films: Abhi

Tanvi Trivedi, TNN | Apr 18, 2011, 12.00am IST
Abhishek Bachchan More Pics
TOI catches Bollywood heartthrob Abhishek Bachchan in a confessional mode on his recent trip to Ahmedabad

Abhishek Bachchan was caught in his most candid mood by TOI. For an actor whose last four films tanked at the BO, he has certainly not lost his cool. In fact, he doesn't seem the least rattled when we quizzed him about the inevitable. Do flops impact him? It's almost as if he had been expecting the query and he confesses with a wry smile, "Well, for me every film is equally important and their BO reports do make an impact on my career. If I knew the answer to what's actually going wrong with my films and why they aren't setting the box-office on fire, then I would be in a completely different position right now. It's a roller coaster ride and we have to accept the BO results. I know I work really hard and put in my best in every film of mine. But I respect other people's opinions about my work as well."

When Mani Ratnam's Raavan did not work at the box-office, Amitabh Bachchan had blogged his views on the weak editing of the film. We ask Abhishek if he discusses with his father why a particular film does not work. "I don't analyse my films with him. Neither do I discuss the BO fate of a film with him. The only one good piece of advice he gives me is to go out there and work. He tells me that it's only when you work that you will realise your flaws and become better," he says.

Abhishek is a great fan of the virtual world and he regularly tweets about his everyday experiences. He recently tweeted about his music album that he produced with Vishal-Shekhar. So do we get a music album from him now? "We produced eight tracks. This was an idea we were toying with when I sang for Bluff Master. But the tracks are still on my CD. Yes, I'd love to sing."

Recently Abhishek also tied up with the Narcotics Control Bureau to promote a campaign against drug abuse. Abhishek, a brown belt in karate and a green belt in judo, recently learnt a lesser known Phillipine martial art, Kali, for a new film based on close quarter combat to be directed by Abhinay Deo. Abhishek in fact didn't use a body double when he had to do a free fall sequence in Raavan. "I see no reason why I should risk someone else's life for a shot and so I prefer doing them myself."

With three films in his kitty, Players, Dostana 2 and Bol Bachchan, Abhishek is also looking forward to working with wife Aishwarya Rai Bachchan in the romcom Ladies and Gentleman. Abhishek, who enjoys public display of affection and poses happily hand-in-hand for shutterbugs with wife Aishwarya, even had no qualms about kissing her on the Oprah Winfrey Show. "I think it was something very sweet and more like an impulsive gesture on my part," he says with a grin. The happily married and much in love Abhishek feels that marriage, "is not about compromises and adjustments, as many couples feel after a certain period of time. One needs to make an effort to take care of your companion."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

theprince thumbnail
may be because the quality is too high for the people to understand 🤣
sheee thumbnail

^Yes. Same as hrthik's movies.

-Mala- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
:S poor abhishek

there are things he can do to make it better. but he just refuses to do so.

1. get in shape
2. hire a stylist
3. promote his films more than his marriage
4. work harder at acting
I think he should instead have said:

I wish I knew why my films flops
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Are you that slow Abhi? 😕
-Mala- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
DMD is up for release soon

and no one is promoting it. where is deepika and bipasha?? etc...
sheee thumbnail

@Mala

Don't know. Sitting at home and eating pizza, I guess.
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: -Mala-

DMD is up for release soon

and no one is promoting it. where is deepika and bipasha?? etc...

Jaya Bachan is promoting in your avi😆
stranger.67 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why he dont just ask papa bachan and wifey...
I think he really has bad luck in movies he should try something else!!!i hope pandit tell him soon that warna flop ke barish se ghar dhoob jayega!!!

And totally agree with Mala

no shape
no acting skills
no hair style
 and his dance uffff....kiya boloun!!!

Zaroori nehi hai papa legend bangaye toh beta bhi banjaye apni apni kismat!!!