Book Talk

Why my love of reading went away (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2

.anishaa.

IF-Dazzler

.anishaa.

Posted: 27 April 2011 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Same here...when I was younger, in school, you'd always see me reading no matter what. Always engrossed in a book.
But then I went to high school and the rate at which I read and how much I read went down, mostly because I began getting assigned readings that took up a significant amount of time and made me view reading as somewhat boring.
But, I still read a novel sometimes, if I can find a good one. And I'm accustomed to reading the newspaper, magazines, and online articles on a daily basis.
To an extent, yes, I do think reading is essential, because it brings new ideas to your mind and gives you a fresh outlook on life.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why my love of reading went away (Page 2)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Angel-Jot.

Angel-Jot.

I-F Crazy Creatives Head, BollyCurry Screen Writer

Posted: 02 May 2011 at 8:01pm | IP Logged
For me however, i think it's been the opposite. Assigning certain amounts of reading needed to be done in Elementary really got me to start reading. After that, i've been an avid reader. Reading is my favourite past time and i find it so relaxing and perfect. I just love books.

I have continued to read-even now as i'm in my last year of high school. I love reading and i'm pretty sure that i will continue to do so.

-Jot.

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 03 May 2011 at 3:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by -Kanky-

Originally posted by desigrl05

^^same problem with me, I am a terrible public speaker but ask me to write something and I can do it beautifully, I can read books within hours but its so hard for me to say something

reading is just for me to get away and go into another persons mind... it takes me to a different place, land, and time.. I enjoy the thrill

but sometimes yeah school does get in the way but I make sure I try to have a good read whenever i get a chance
Yeah, that's actually exceedingly sickening because the higher you get on reading and writing, the more hopeless a speaker you emerge as. I dunno, I kinda made a fool out of myself once, but then I realized I was amidst fifty more fools so it dint matter. However, I will sure have to work on my speaking skills, and I think that sucks!

I literally pushed my senior seminar to the very last day of school because I was terrified of speaking in front of an audience (my classmates + entire chem department) ... I went really fast and fumbled alot but when it was done it was a relief... I dont studder nor do I talk gibberishly but my thoughts are so unorganized that it makes it 10x harder for me to speak in public than a normal person :X and yes as you get older it gets more akward

Sex.Direction

IF-Rockerz

Sex.Direction

Posted: 07 May 2011 at 8:58am | IP Logged
I remember i used L O V E reading
Love as in i read while I eat, go to the bathroom[yea i know, Ouch] and even in the car, and in school.
I still love reading but i just don't have the time.
Exams on top of exams is making it hard to read for fun.
I'm reading the Private Series. I started last month and i'm already on book 9.
Im hoping to finish them by the time book 14 comes out. Summer is gonna be back to reading time for sure! <3

koolchick

IF-Rockerz

Requested Self ban

Posted: 08 May 2011 at 1:44pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 13 May 2011 at 3:31am | IP Logged

Originally posted by -Kanky-

^^same problem with me, I am a terrible public speaker but ask me to write something and I can do it beautifully, I can read books within hours but its so hard for me to say something

reading is just for me to get away and go into another persons mind... it takes me to a different place, land, and time.. I enjoy the thrill

but sometimes yeah school does get in the way but I make sure I try to have a good read whenever i get a chance
Yeah, that's actually exceedingly sickening because the higher you get on reading and writing, the more hopeless a speaker you emerge as. I dunno, I kinda made a fool out of myself once, but then I realized I was amidst fifty more fools so it dint matter. However, I will sure have to work on my speaking skills, and I think that sucks!

I literally pushed my senior seminar to the very last day of school because I was terrified of speaking in front of an audience (my classmates + entire chem department) ... I went really fast and fumbled alot but when it was done it was a relief... I dont studder nor do I talk gibberishly but my thoughts are so unorganized that it makes it 10x harder for me to speak in public than a normal person :X and yes as you get older it gets more akward

Precisely, my thoughts are a mess. I cannot organize them when I have got a good hundred pairs of eyes focusing on me, it really sucks. I can barely speak what I got in mind, I fumble a lot, sometimes I feel embarrassed but I am pretty good at covering that up. Sigh. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

desigrl05

Post Reply New Post

Go to top