Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

WhipCreamPantie

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.anishaa.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why my love of reading went away" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-KimSungHyun-

IF-Sizzlerz

-KimSungHyun-

Posted: 18 April 2011 at 8:40am | IP Logged
Yes It Is Dear

whatsername

Goldie

whatsername

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 3:37am | IP Logged
reading for me is like a way of relaxing myself.. when i have had a long day. an hour or so of reading really helps me relax. besides, its a great way of exercising your brain, I beleive. You can put urself in the shoes of the charecters imagine how you would have felt if you were in the positon, what is the best thing to do etc. 

I have always loved reading. The only time i stopped reading was probably when i was about 14-15 ish. when my 'rebel' phase  was on.

I wouldn't say essential but it think it is pretty important.LOL

gujunpyo

whatsername

Goldie

whatsername

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 3:39am | IP Logged
Also, I am very sorry to hear about your loss of love for reading. I would be really upset if it happend to me.

I suggest, you try pick up and book and read. Once a book lover, always a book lover, even though you may have had gaps in the middle.  

Find a book which is known for being awesome 'unputdownable' the reviews will say and start reading. and Im sure, you can pick your habit bk up from there. :)

gujunpyo

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 3:32pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ElusiveDevotionshockalotgujunpyo

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 11:20am | IP Logged
My mother has gotten the same problem. She was some oh-so-avid a reader during her teenage and then college. Now she barely reads the newspapers and my brother's alien school diary full of red marks! That's like a pity-worthy thing! Ermm

I read, I write but I can't speak even after all the 'confidence' that I have. The thing is, it's bout the temperament. I can pen down all I have in mind in five minutes, read even quicker something of interest but I cannot speak as efficiently.

Maybe you've gotten the temperamental problem too. So all you can do is, remind yourself everyday you are supposed to read. By 2012, you might just pick up the newspaper and scan through! 

Edited by -Kanky- - 23 April 2011 at 11:21am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ammygurlgujunpyo

desigrl05

IF-Sizzlerz

desigrl05

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 23 April 2011 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
^^same problem with me, I am a terrible public speaker but ask me to write something and I can do it beautifully, I can read books within hours but its so hard for me to say something

reading is just for me to get away and go into another persons mind... it takes me to a different place, land, and time.. I enjoy the thrill

but sometimes yeah school does get in the way but I make sure I try to have a good read whenever i get a chance

gujunpyo

epiphany.

IF-Sizzlerz

epiphany.

Posted: 27 April 2011 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by desigrl05

^^same problem with me, I am a terrible public speaker but ask me to write something and I can do it beautifully, I can read books within hours but its so hard for me to say something

reading is just for me to get away and go into another persons mind... it takes me to a different place, land, and time.. I enjoy the thrill

but sometimes yeah school does get in the way but I make sure I try to have a good read whenever i get a chance
Yeah, that's actually exceedingly sickening because the higher you get on reading and writing, the more hopeless a speaker you emerge as. I dunno, I kinda made a fool out of myself once, but then I realized I was amidst fifty more fools so it dint matter. However, I will sure have to work on my speaking skills, and I think that sucks!

Edited by -Kanky- - 27 April 2011 at 12:19pm

Post Reply New Post

Go to top