Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

malinn

Goldie

malinn

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 9:25pm | IP Logged
I feel that they are showing Chandragupta a bit like a superhero..... Too good and best at everything...... Even better than experts.....

He killed such a highly trained and experienced assasin..... He put so much mud over three hatta katta guys much older and also trained for long..... They could have clawed each other out and actually climbed over the elevated mud levels (or over each others shoulders - like in Govinda for matki) and gotten out of the pit...... He could shoot bulls eye on the first attempt and all three times..... He could sword fight with all those guys without any knowledge..... They showed earlier when he was catching leaves that he could not even handle the sword......

I believe that Chandragupta was capable and intelligent.... Which was honed and sharpened under the expert guidance and lots of serios training.....

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "A bit too good to be true......." in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
you are rite...but i think here they want to show chandragupt different from others.....he has such strength in him more than others..which would flourish with the help of acharya chanakya...after all chanakya noticed such spark in him.....and after all its a drama..which needs such super heroic attitude....but still i feel that cgm has not been portrayed that much superheroic as they portrayed prc......remember prc (both rajat and anas)..never became defeated in any battle.....even if rajat was just a kid....he had done lots of impossible works.....its applicable for veer of dv too...even little monu of jkr was portrayed such super heroic.....on the other hand i think cgm is closer to reality except on some sequence...remember cgm couldn't lift the ghanta and ring the bell alone...actually cgm knows lots of tricks which made him able for self-defense..and he is very witty.....that's why he could defeat his opponent...with the help of the lessons romf chanakya....even if he doesn't have the proper knowledge

Edited by jhum_86 - 19 April 2011 at 9:21am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

KamalikaGmalinnRitu278rinku4uMoner_Radio-Frozen-

Moner_Radio

IF-Rockerz

Moner_Radio

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 5:07am | IP Logged
ya jhum is ryt, young CGM is shown to b more intelligent & clever dan d boys of his age..othrs hv got long periods of training & hence dey boasts of thr physical strength bt CGM uses his sixth sense & instincts more & dat compensates for his young age & lack of physical power.Big smileBig smile

Moner_Radio

IF-Rockerz

Moner_Radio

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 5:18am | IP Logged
& d same theory applies to all major historical figures lyk PRC or JKR..all of dem hd d spark to b diffrnt frm othrs, to go beyond der limits, to think out of the box along with an inherent goodness within dem..widout dese qualities dey cud nvr hv been as wat we knw dem 2day. ya its true dat d serials often tend to go over d top in making der protagonists a superhero but often end up in distorting history ( lyk dey did in PRCAngryAngry) but even den its true dat " leaders r born not made " .Smile jst dey need sum1 to bring it out!!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rinku4u-Frozen-

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 10:01am | IP Logged
I too agree with Jhum & Polly....And they have shown him not only as a superhero but also his struggling part...it is said if problems occur the strength to fight them comes automatically...he used his brain and teachings of Chanakya to kill Vrishank. Ambhik and his friends teased him a lot and when he couldn't bear it and the whole system of Takshilla, he protested and taught them a lesson. I think Chanakya's teaching of catching the leaves is also helping him in Shabd bhedi as his reflexes have become so quick. And, professionally they need to show high velocity action now...otherwise the story will start dragging. Smile   

BlueSpirit

BlueSpirit

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Of course in the show they have to sort of overate his abilities but I feel with the struggles of Chandragupta they are giving it enough balance. Even in reality the historic Chandragupta was exceptional, by the time he was around 20 years old he had already established the Mauryan empire and had defeated Dhana Nanda to take over Patliputra and have it as capital of the Mauryan empire which expanded greatly (currently: whole of India, Pakistan and Afghanistan) which is a great feat for a 20 year old but of course he had the invaluable guidance of Chanakya, the true master mind.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

malinn

malinn

Goldie

malinn

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 6:37pm | IP Logged
Agree with all of you to some extent..... But am still of the opinion that showing it more realistic would be more honest to the historical figure...... Chandragupta was exceptional ..... But he was a rough diamond who got a super concentrated polish from a great master like Chanakya.... He was not a superhero ..... Showing him thus, takes away the credibility of a real life hero.....

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 9:44pm | IP Logged
they are showing it to some extent ...but as i said its a drama based on history and drama needs more action...if they don't  show that...then people who are not history lover will lose interest

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.