Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 7:10pm | IP Logged

'I can't eat cockroaches'

• April 16, 2011 
  • By A.L. Chougule
Aamir Ali
Aamir Ali

Q Chulbul Pandey of Dabangg seems to be inspiring a string of cop roles in serials. Is your role in FIR also inspired by Salman's character in the film?

Not really. Chulbul Pandey belongs to Salman Khan and no one can play that role better than him. It's true that these days everyone wants to copy him in serials, but be assured Bajrang Pandey of FIR is not a take-off on Chulbul Pandey.

Q Why did you agree to play a cop in a show that's three years old?

The longevity of a show is not an issue with me. I entered Kahani when it was three years old. I chose to do FIR because it's a comedy.

Q What's so special about the role?

Bajrang Pandey is a fun-loving guy. He loves talking big, adores women and fantasises about them. Initially, I was hesitant about doing a comedy but when I heard the role I couldn't stop laughing. As an actor I wanted to do something new.

Q Doesn't the show belong to Chandramukhi Chautala (Kavita Kaushik)? How much of an impact can a new character have?

I agree. She is the protagonist. Every serial centers around a lady and nothing can be done about it. But Bajrang is Chandramukhi's senior in the police station. She will report to him and there will be a mutual attraction between them.

Q Despite her palpable interest, Bajrang, who's a skirt chaser, runs away from her. Why?

The problem with Bajrang is that he is superstitious and has been told that he will die if he doesn't stay away from women.

Q The fact that you didn't do serials for two years indicates that there isn't enough good material around…

Partly true. But I take a break after every serial. In six years, I have done only five dailies and two reality shows. In the early part of last year I was busy with I Hate Love Stories and after that I did Zara Nachke Dikha.

Q Why have you confined yourself to dancing?

I am not comfortable with most of them. I can't eat cockroaches; I can't be under camera 24/7. I get a lot of offers but I don't want to make a fool of myself.

Q Your relationship with Sanjeeda is five years old. She says you are the guy she wants to marry. So why are you making her wait?

Both of us have not thought about marriage yet. Marriage is something we need to plan.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

sadaf_5niks_prielle45jazzerette

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "DC: I cant eat cockroaches-Aamir" in F.I.R forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

niks_pri

niks_pri

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 4:36am | IP Logged
    thanks for sharing

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

KhotaSikaShreya

Viewbie

KhotaSikaShreya

BollyCurry Script Supervisor

Posted: 20 April 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
    Thanks for sharing.

jazzerette

IF-Dazzler

jazzerette

Posted: 24 April 2011 at 2:13am | IP Logged
    Thanx for the article..

SwirledDreams

IF-Sizzlerz

SwirledDreams

Posted: 01 May 2011 at 3:20am | IP Logged
    thnxxx 4 sharinggg

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.