Selina
Selina

Posted: 18 February 2005 at 10:41pm | IP Logged
Amisha not complete for Jism: Bipasha
   By: A hitList Correspondent
   February 18, 2005

A hitList Correspondent
SERVED HOT: Bipasha Basu and Lara Dutta on Koffee with Karan
The spirited ladies are on a roll and even Karan's verbal volley is deflected in style. In tonight's episode, Karan gets Bips and Lara to talk about their sexy image, their boyfriends, and their animosity towards Amisha Patel.

While Bipasha says that Amisha is not 'a full package for Jism', Lara states that Amisha is 'dealing with more than enough in her life to think or talk about anybody else.'

Here are some saucy snippets from the conversation:

Karan: I loved this dialogue of yours in Jism, I even used it in Kal Ho Na Ho. I want you to say it on my show. Say it as sexily as you can.

Bipasha: Don't ask me to sit like that now. (Laughs). I'll try and say it like that. "Ye jism pyar nahi jaanta. Jaanta hai tho sirf bhook, jism ki bhook." (Giggles).

Karan: No, no. Not with your image (smiles). That's exactly what I thought you would be saying in that movie. Awesome dialogue. How long have you been seeing John for now?

Bipasha: Almost two-and-a-half years.

Karan: Before that you had a long, long relationship with Dino Morea. How do you look back to that relationship in compare to what you have with John today?

Bipasha: Firstly, I don't compare them. In life I'm not the first to have a second boyfriend. It's a part of growing up. When I met Dino, both of us were little children and we grew up to be different individuals.

We still have great fun when we meet. Today the kind of maturity I've attained, I needed somebody as mature as John. Its not childhood love anymore, its something deeper.

Karan: My next guest, Miss Universe 2000. Another successful crossover from modelling to the world of Indian cinema. Thank you for coming despite a leg injury.

Lara: (Laughs). Despite a torn muscle, actually. I'm as glamorous as I can be on crutches.

Karan: What did you do?

Lara: This was a gym accident. I like going to the gym because I like looking at the men working out. (Laughs)

Bipasha: Actually, I started working out with Lara, where I saw Esha going at it all the time. I said ok, I'm gonna start then and there.

Lara: So full-fledged power puff girls. (Laughs)

Karan: So you know each other? You've been friends? Do you like each other?

Lara: We've known each other as models, even before we got into the film industry.

Bipasha: Yes. We like each other. Don't flash your liar meter at us. (Laughs).

Lara: We don't get much opportunity to hang out when we are not working, even when we were modelling. And surprisingly, Bipasha and I have known each other's respective other halves better. (Laughs). I knew Dino from Bangalore, since I was 15 years old.

Karan: What a happy foursome! And you've known Kelly, Bipasha?

Bipasha: Yes. I've known Kelly even before Lara did. We're best buddies. We've eaten together, woken up together. I've known Lara through Kelly. And honestly, once we've started acting, we've been very busy and not had time.

Karan: (Laughs). But doesn't it make your equation awkward? There are rumours even now about John and Lara.

Bipasha: I think the fact that we are here together says that none of us are bothered with it. I'm very happy for Lara and Kelly and I trust my boyfriend, most importantly.

Lara: We live with these kind of rumours. I've done Elaan with John. He's a great co-star. We've got great chemistry on screen. There are very few co-stars with whom you build that kind of rapport. I think Bipasha and I are both very secure women in our relationships. The rumours are just all in a day's work.

Bipasha: People who talk openly are targeted more than the people who hide.

Karan: Yes. That's amazing, both of you have been very open about your relationship always. Lara, tell us about your alleged romance with Tiger Woods.

Lara: I helped Tiger with his foundation. So I did a three-day golf clinic with Tiger, helping him with the media. So Tiger showed me how to putt a few rounds of golf. That's all we did. (Laughs). I think Tiger's more into blondes than brunettes. (Laughs)

Karan: Both of you are perceived to be very beautiful, stunning women. Do you think people talk more about your jism than your performance?

Bipasha: I've been called a sex symbol from day one. Even in Raaz, where I played a housewife. Filmmakers come to me with roles that are not too sensual, with acting involved. And even if the media perceives me as a sex symbol, it's ok. It works for me. I'm just acting for a few years. I'm not here to create a legend.

Lara: This is what our cinema is about. You're supposed to look beautiful, sexy and glamorous. And as a Hindi actress you do have a short span where you play the lead actress role, but I hope I can leave a beautiful legacy behind. (Smiles)

Karan: But have you always wanted to be a Hindi film actress? I remember I came to chat with the Miss India girls.

Lara: And I was the one right at the back. (Grins sheepishly).

Karan: Yes, looking least interested in what I had to say. I was rather shattered. (Smiles).

Lara: That's not true. (Laughs). Where's my liar meter? (Smiles). I've always wanted to act. I've come from Gaziabad. Coming from a small town, I never knew I'd land up in Bombay. It's so competitive to get into this, and now that I'm here, I'm gonna give it everything that I've got.

Karan: Ok. Both of you didn't have a very easy time with the co-star you were with, Kareena Kapoor with you Bipasha, did that make it difficult for you?

Bipasha: (Smiles) Honestly, I didn't have any preconceived notions about her. I didn't know anybody when I entered that unit. It was in the second schedule that I realised that she does not like me. I hate hypocrites.

It's better for me if people are clear with their thoughts if they don't want to talk to me. But we work professionally ok. There were no tantrums or problems. The media created all the rumours.

Karan: How was your working equation with Priyanka Chopra? Again the media reported that there was stress.

Lara: The media created the same hype between Sush and Ash when they first came into the film industry. We both came into the film industry from a very different field. Your main concentration is in getting your lines right and giving it your best. There hasn't been a genuine conflict of interest between Priyanka and me. I've known her since Miss India.

Karan: So you like Priyanka Chopra? (Holds the liar meter ready).

Lara: Honestly, I do like her. She's got a lot of gumption and a lot of focus in her. You have to admire the things in people that are great. There are things in her that I'm not crazy about, but on a general basis, I admire a woman like her who knows what she wants and goes for it.

Bipasha: You're a naughty guy Karan. (Laughs).

Karan: I'm coming to my favourite topic of today's show, Amisha Patel. I read an interview where she has gone on to say that she would never do a role like in Jism, because her grandmother wouldn't approve of it.

Bipasha: Amisha doesn't have the physical attributes to carry out a Jism, to be very honest. (Lara laughs). You need a woman, a full package for the role. She's too petite, too small. Her whole is wrong, she would not fit a Jism.

Karan: She had something to say about you too Lara. One of her quotes, she said 'John and Lara are too inconsequential for me to talk about.'

Lara: I'm very happy that the girl is focused enough on her own problems.

She's dealing with more than enough in her life to think or talk about anybody else. That's a good thing. (Laughs). Yes, Amisha has taken pot shots at people, more than just the two of us. You look at it from both sides.

It's not very nice to hear about it. This person doesn't figure very much in your private life. To me, she's just another co-star, but on the other hand I think she's upset with her personal life. And when there's discord you need some way to take it out.

The rapid fire round

Karan: Ok Lara, what's the sexiest thing about Kelly?
Lara: Kelly? His bald head.
Karan: What's the sexiest thing about John?
Lara: John? His long hair. (Laughs).
Karan: What would you say if a woman hit on you?
Lara: Not tonight darling, I have a headache. (Laughs).
Karan: The one woman you would not like to see near Kelly is?
Lara: Amisha Patel.
Karan: Abhishek Bachchan or John Abraham?
Lara: Abhishek Bachchan. I adore him. He's like a baby.
Karan: Sushmita Sen or Aishwarya Rai?
Lara: Sushmita Sen.
Karan: Kelly on the bed or Kelly on the sofa?
Lara: Kelly anywhere. (Laughs)
Karan: Ok Bipasha, brace yourself. What's the sexiest thing about John?
Bipasha: His madness. (Laughs). He's totally Parsi.
Karan: Shah Rukh, Salman, Aamir. Rate the Khans on sex appeal.
Bipasha: Shah Rukh, Aamir, Salman.
Karan: Besides John, the sexiest man in Hindi cinema?
Bipasha: Yes, John is the sexiest. Besides him I would say Abhishek. Karan: An international face you would cheat on John for?
Bipasha: I wouldn't cheat. But if I was single, I would want Brad Pitt if he was single.
Karan: Too much fidelity. If you were stuck on an island with Kareena and Amisha, you would…?
Bipasha: Sit with Kareena and talk. I think we've grown.
Karan: Ex-boyfriends or competing actresses?
Bipasha: (Sighs) Ex- boyfriends.
Karan: Raaz or Jism?
Bipasha: Jism.

_anonymous Goldie
_anonymous
_anonymous

Posted: 18 February 2005 at 11:38pm | IP Logged
thanx 4 sharing!
mumbai_masti Senior Member
mumbai_masti
mumbai_masti

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 1:20am | IP Logged
yeah i watched it yesterday....it was fun.... and bips made a point by saying that amisha does not suit the role of jism....
Singh23 IF-Dazzler
Singh23
Singh23

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 3:32am | IP Logged
thanks for posting all that
pagpri Groupbie
pagpri
pagpri

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 1:08pm | IP Logged
I know, I think Amisha is loosing it.. commenting on all the ppl in the industry. She should try and try to handle her life 1st.

Khushalay Goldie
Khushalay
Khushalay

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 1:21pm | IP Logged
wow, the rapid fire round was great, thanX for sharing selina, & hey what happened to amisha patel, why is she so?
rouble Senior Member
rouble
rouble

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 2:11pm | IP Logged

i saw the show. it was great. lara's answers were so good..she won karan's coffee hamper in the rapid fire round.

thanks for sharing Selina!

krazee_gurl Goldie
krazee_gurl
krazee_gurl

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 2:14pm | IP Logged

can you download the show from anywhere?  i missed it

Go to top