Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonlight2630 thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hey megg good going đź‘Ź awesome update poor kashish she is so simple plz don't waste ur precious tears 4 that good 4 nothing donkey ,bander ,pig i hate akshay .
i love ridhima  she really careing n nice or understanding at he same time mature very nicely handle kashish and her ice cream and chocolate funda is soo soo yumi . well 4 now ur FF going pretty good i love to read more and sorry 4 late commt thanks 4 pm plz counti............ keep writting .👍🏼
dazzling_glory thumbnail
Sorry for not replying earlier.
Many Congratultations on starting this new Fanfic.
Great Start...Akshay is such a jerk..yo have treated Kashish is such a way. Ridhima has a stron personality and she is the best to help Kashish is such a time.
continue soon
meggs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 3

Kashish returned from her past and once again saw Scarlett make a fool of herself in front of Rhett after her childish confession to Ashley Wilkes. How could she have let such silliness ruin her whole life? Kashish asked to no one in particular 3rd time as she watched the movie in last two days. Why couldn't Scarlett be happy with Rhett instead of mooning over Ashley who wasn't even as handsome… Why can't I stop mooning over Akshay? Kashish thought stingingly.

When she had come to Illyria, she had one brief phone conversation with Akshay. He had told her he was sorry but it was all mistake. He had found his true love here Jennifer, Jenni, a young beautiful socialite who was the single heiress to her daddy's diamond mining business. The last info had been supplied by Ridhima. According to her informants Akshay was a spendthrift Casanova who didn't like working. He was rooting for Kashish coz she was rich and submissive. But by what he had spread around in his social circle Kashish was also too prim and an ice princess. More over this young heiress was richer and more lose then Kashish.

Kashish listened to it all but refused to believe all of it. Sure Akshay wanted to marry a rich girl, which guy didn't? Her father's wanted her to marry a rich guy… but everything else he didn't believe. Akshay would never spread such ugly rumors; he knew she was too shy, not frosty. He probably left her for the other girl not coz she was more lose but maybe more exciting, more extrovert and daring. Maybe even outrageous. And lastly Akshay wasn't a spendthrift Casanova detesting hard work. He had been working under his uncle in India. She had seen him work hard. Sometimes he would even work overnight, and then Kashish could see the strain of it on his face, his red eyes, his rumpled hair and clothes. He was a hard worker and Kashish refused to believe otherwise.

If only…. If only what you sorry little nobody? The old contemptuous voice teased inside Kashish's mind. Somehow whenever she berated herself it tended to be in Akshay's words and voice.

Shaking her head regretfully Kashish scooped more ice-cream and licked hoping the cold ice-cream could numb her pain and not just her tongue. If wish I could be more like Scarlett. Not foolish like her but courageous like her. Kashish though as she saw Scarlett working hard to restore Tara after the war, scheming, lying, manipulating and even getting married all for Tara. Kashish replied to the taunting voice inside her.

Before Kashish knew her ice-cream was finished and even the movie was coming to an end, but this time surprisingly Kashish wasn't crying, she had cried over and over for last 3 days when she had seen the movie thrice but now she just ran out of tears, maybe even grief. She saw Scarlett trying to hold back Rhett from leaving, trying to save her life from falling apart:

Rhett- I am through with everything here. I want peace… do you know what I am talking about?

Scarlett- no! I only know that I love you.

Rhett- that's your misfortune.

Scarlett- Rhett, Rhett… Rhett, if you go, where shall I go? What shall I do?

Rhett- frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.

And Rhett butler walked out laming the door on Scarlett's face. Just like Akshay had slammed the door on Kashish's happiness. Akshay had left to, regardless of what she had felt and she hadn't been even as stupid a Scarlett to drive him to it. Then why are both of us alone in the end?

Tara! Home. I'll go home. And I'll think of some way to get him back. After all…. tomorrow is another day.

Well she's come as far as Illyria Kashish thought. But instead of thinking of ways of getting him back she had been bawling her eyes out. And yes tomorrow indeed is another day. If Scarlett could lose her house, family, children, everything and till have hope to survive… Kashish could definitely take inspiration and stop being a wimp!

Switching off the television Kashish looked around and saw what a mess she had been living in. slowly methodically she cleaned up the room and then the whole apartment for Ridhima, later she took a long relaxing bath wore fresh clothes made dinner, drank milk and went to sleep. She had now to think of ways to get Akshay back. Simple as that. He was man and Jenni was a rich temptation. Kashish loved him enough to forgive him for straying once like this. Soon she'll make him see sense. How, was the question now.

When Ridhima came home that night she was obviously pleased with the change in Kashish and thanked her for cleaning and the dinner. By happiness melted away from her face as Kashish told her of her plan to get Akshay back. Kashish could see that Ridhima didn't approve of Akshay. But thankfully she didn't discourage Kashish either. Together they came up with several plans for Kashish to attract Akshay back, deciding on plan of action they both retired for the night and Kashish went for tearless sleep in months.

-oOo-

Sujal couldn't decide between punching the guy down, shoving him aside or just slipping a 100 dollar bill and making his step aside. It give would give him great pleasure, grim satisfaction or just way to get through respectively. He stood and glared at the pompous concierge standing in his way and swung with indecision.

"I repeat sir, please leave. We don't want any bad publicity." Punch, definitely punch. Sujal though and then said as calmly as he could manage.

"Since you know who I am. Wouldn't it be reasonable you let me pass easily I say my piece to her and get out without a scene. I swear no violence. I just want to show her these papers." Sujal flashed some contract papers hoping to bluff.

"Well if it just civil conversation, I can agree. But you see we had explicit orders not to let you pass through." Let's just shove him aside.

"I understand orders are orders.. But can't you pretend you never saw me..I slipped through when you wee somewhere else?"

"An excellent idea sir. We just don't want losing any patrons you see." Oh he saw very well, Sujal sighed and pull out 2  hundred dollar bills and handed them over discreetly. The concierge smiled conspiringly and slipped away.

Now for the tough part. Sujal took a deep breath and mentally repeated his piece. He couldn't afford to make mistakes. Once had be enough to ruin what little faith his father had in him. Twice had been enough to develop intense animosity between them and Sujal leaving his house. If he made the third one.. God knows what would happen.. Probably his father would lose the election.

Sujal son of the man running for the mayor had made the first mistake by going out with Jennifer Abot and sleeping with her when she had pretended to be an easy woman, who just wanted to fool around. There had been big splash about their affair and Sujal hadn't known who her daddy was. Next mistake was when he had tried to break up coz of all the unwanted publicity and the sudden rumors of marriage between them. Instead of accepting it, she had clung to him and had spread rumors that she was pregnant by him. Sujal had been too shocked to reply to the accusation, but she hadn't been. After painting him the villain, she had went ahead broken up with him in public and told everyone that she didn't need a scumbag like him to take care of her. She was her own woman and she would bear it on her own, now she was the heroine.

Now Sujal walked over to the very private table where she was sitting with her new prey giving an Oscar worthy performance. Sujal skidded to a top near their table and waited till she looked at him, eyes round with shock.

"Hello Jenni."

"Sujal! What're you doing here! My god you are stalking me now! Oh god. Do you want me to get restraining orders? It's over Sujal. Why don't you understand?!!" she gushed with perfect expressions of horror and pity.

"Save the theatrics Jen.. No one's about and he won't be after tomorrow." Sujal pointed toward the other guy, "Although you don't deserve it, but I thought I'll make a deal with you.. I have certain receipts and video tapes of you in a Vegas suite when you were supposed to be in love with me. I also have report of your recent visit to the doctor..  You were never pregnant.. Now the medical report will be in tomorrow's newspaper. But if you don't want other info leaking over net then you better retract every wrong thing you said me and apologize or suffer as I have. And oh, no one will ever know that I have leaked the info.. So don't think you can say I am having a revenge." Sujal concluded smugly and watched as Jennifer gasped like a fish opening and closing her mouth for air and scathing words, while her dinner partner just looked too shocked to  even give any other reaction.

Sujal saw panic lurking in Jennifer's eyes as she began hatching a new scheme, "I don't know what you are talking about. There are no Vegas tapes ok? And I won't apologize for something I didn't do. You can release what you want, no one's gonna believe a scoundrel like you."

Sujal calmly took out a copy of her medical report and one single photograph of the video and handed it to her. Jennifer grew rapidly white as she saw the papers. It was then her dinner companion stood up to Sujal, "Look man, just leave the lady alone ok. She left you period. Get over it. So you weren't good enough that she had to go somewhere else. Not her fault. Don't make this worse." He finished with a smirk and Sujal felt a wild desire to rip that smirk off.

"Look schoolboy, don't talk between adults ok? You don't even know what Jenni here is. And as far as my performance is concerned.. Did she tell you where she was yesterday afternoon?"Sujal laughed mirthlessly at the reddening face.

"Just leave Sujal. I don't want to have anything to do with u. You can drag me through mud but it won't make you pristine clean again. Do whatever you want. Just don't show me your pig face again." Jennifer said with an affected sigh and handed over the papers.

"Yeah. Listen to her. You besotted fool." The dinner companion added.

Sujal shrugged, he saw defeat in Jennifer's eyes and knew this was her last attempt at dignity. What to do? Sujal wasn't vindictive by nature but something about the whiny voice of her dinner companion just didn't sit well with him.

" 'yeah, listen to her' " Sujal mimicked with a slight more whine, "I am not the besotted fool you sputtering, pukey idiot. Enjoy her as long as she wants. Ciao." Sujal waved to Jennifer deliberately ignoring the man and left grinning easily for the first time in months.

-oOo-

gupta.aditi20 thumbnail

awsome dear.....

lovely parts....

continue soon

hinal60 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

really goood

finally we get to see our hero
ronojoy_ria thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
hi
the up is really good
and our much awaited haro has already entered
plz cont soon and pm me
aamirkhanfan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
good to see sujal...........
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Reserved. (:

Dun mind, please. I'll read soon. 
dazzling_glory thumbnail
Great part
Sujal has got his hands full and is trying his best to clear off all the mess.
Kashish is planning on how to get Akshay back in her life as she refuses to believe that he is such a negative character.
continue soon
meggs thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Chapter 4

Kashish had decided on plan. A simple plan to give Akshay what she didn't before, what he was getting from his current girlfrind. Attitude, confidence and boldness.

With bold arrogance Kashish picked up the phone and called Akshay.

"Hello?" she said full of new born cocky attitude.

"Kashish? It's you again?" he said not at all falling for her.

"Yes who else? Look Akshay, I know I… What I mean is I am sorry for bothering you earlier and crying like that. I didn't mean for it to be like that." She continued a single defeat won't take her down.

"Uh huh… So what do you want now?" He said not giving an inch. Kashish was hoping for some divine intervention now.

"Uh so… what I wanted was to talk to you about…" She continued with dwindling confidence.

"About what Kashish? You are wasting my time. Look just say what you have to. I am not in the mood for your pitiful mumblings." He said blowing huge holes in her new personality.

"Uh.. uhemm.. aa yes yes.. I know you are busy, ofcourse you are… What I wanted to talk about was… Akshay could we meet someplace to talk.. I mean.. I don't feel comfortable talking on phone about it." Kashish made the last desperate attempt to save her dignity.

"What the hell Kashish… God you just don't give up! Didn't think you could be this persistent. You want to meet huh.. Let's see.. Kashish I don't want to meet you so you can cry and create a scene in public-"

"I won't cry I swear! It was just the shock Akshay, seriously I don't cry that easily except for when it's a shock. I promise"

"Fine.. tomorrow at the coffee shop at north shadow street. I could use a familiar face."

"Oh is everything all right? Are you okay?"

"Kashish too clingy!"

"Uh sorry. I was just worried."

"Yeah well I am fine. See you at 4 tomorrow. bye"

"Oh thank-" click

Kashish said bye into a disconnected line and then sank back into the sofa with a goofy smile on her face.

"So how did it go Scarlett?" Ridhima teased from the opposite sofa.

"Don't call me that. I am not that scheming. Ok, now you have to help me with an outfit for tomorrow he wants to meet for a coffee." Kashish said still floating in her happy cloud.

"What's wrong with what you wear?"

"It's Indian. Not modern and not something the new Kashish would wear."

"Well I don't see why you have o go so beyond your comfort zone for this guy."

"Ridhima pls…." Kashish sat up suddenly serious and gave her puppy eyes.

"Oh. Ok fine! Stop looking at me like that!"

Kashish smiled, jumped and hugged Ridhima tight. She couldn't have accomplished anything without Ridhima's help. For the next half an hour they discussed intensely over a correct and finally decided on simple blue jeans and a black tee. It was nothing impressive but they didn't want Kashish to come off too strong. And for a girl who only wore salwar kameez, jeans and tees were a big change! Anything more would have been too uncomfortable for Kashish to pull off.

"Are you sure the top is not too short?" Kashish asked hundredth time, feeling nervous and giddy for tomorrow.

"Kashiiiiissshhh… plsss. It's perfect ok? Now go to sleep! I have to go to office early tomorrow, there's a big scandal involving the mayors son. I have to get the first dibs on it. Let me rest pls so I can give it my best tomorrow." Ridhima pleaded.

"Ok. Ok fine, I am sorry. I am just nervous. I wish us both luck for tomorrow and tanks for everything."

"Yeah night, Kashish."

"Good night, Ridhima", Kashish said and finally turned in to sleep.

-oOo-

Kashish glared into her half filled coffee cup and once again wished for the floor to open up and swallow her inside. Barely lifting her eye lids she glanced around and saw a pissed off Akshay in front of her. Nope, still here. God wasn't performing any miracles for her today.

Kashish swallowed hard and rapidly blinked her eyes.

"Oh please don't tell me you are going to cry now! Great, just great!" Akshay groaned and at back as if thoroughly disgusted. Kashish shook her head, took a deep breath and spoke in very thick, fragile voice.

"No, ofcourse not. I promised." Kashish picked up her cup with shaking fingers and took a sip, hoping to buy more time.

The meeting hadn't gone like anything Ridhima and she had imagined. Kashish had felt mighty uncomfortable in the jeans and short top. Akshay had been in foul mood already when he had arrived over something. The order they had placed had taken too long to arrive. Kashish had mumbled and sputtered through the first 5 minutes of conversation and then remained quite when he had glared and then started off on his long tirade of how unfair the world was and what a slimy bas***d the mayors son was. Kashish had politely nodded and made all the right noises, until she had somehow managed to make everything worse by acting bold and saying how the mayor's son had dated a useless girl, who had turned out to be Akshay's current girlfriend.

Akshay had been livid upon receiving criticism from her and had told her while shouting that she had no class and looked like a cheap despo.

Even Scarlett would have lost at a situation like this for sure. Kashish thought and peaked at Akshay from behind her lowered lashes.

"I didn't mean to belittle anyone. I am sure the news about her being pregnant was just a confusion… I am sure she is a nice woman." Kashish said apologetically.

"Yeah whatever. I don't care what you think, neither does Jennifer. Just tell me why did you call me here."

"Akshay, we parted on… You left… I just don't want any bad feelings between us. I see that you have found someone whom you like more. I won't say that I don't like you anymore but not that way. What I mean is, I still think you are a nice person and I was hoping that we could still be friends. I am new to this place and maybe you can show me around. We can just hangout and stuff. We enjoyed that as friends right?", Kashish quickly delivered her practiced speech. She and Ridhima had decided that asking for anything romantic was too much at the first meeting.

Akshay looked amazed for a moment and then started laughing rudely, "You really are something Kashish. You, really don't get it? I dumped you Kashish. I found a better girl I dumped you. And no I don't want to hangout with a boring, drab behenji like you. Jeez I never thought you that thick." Akshay quit laughing, sighed and then got up.

"I would like to be friends sure.. I don't want hard feelings either. But seriously, I don't wannna spend time with u. we can be like Christmas friends who exchange card and gifts only at Christmas and other occasions. How does that sound? Good huh. I know. So long Kashish. This had been… amusing. Bye" Akshay picked up and left. Just like that leaving a tongue tied Kashish behind.

Kashish managed to get home before breaking down and then spend a good hour crying over spilt milk or coffee in her case. Nothing had gone according to the plan. Akshay had been too cold and uncaring. He hadn't even appreciated the change. Kashish cried for her hopelessness, but more over she cried coz everything that Ridhima had said about Akshay was beginning to seem real.

NO! Absolutely not! Kashish admonished herself, rubbing off her tears. One failure didn't mean everything. Atleast they were at amicable terms. Now all she had to do was attract Akshay. It wasn't all a total failure and Ridhima wasn't right about Akshay. He was being so cold to Kashish coz he was being faithful to his current girlfriend.

Kashish thought and took out a tub of strawberry ice-cream from the freezer. It was becoming her staple diet. But somehow it helped her thing outrageous solutions.

Well whatever works. Kashish thought and started eating with determination. Later that night Ridhima came and heard the full report of what had happened. Kashish had to stop her from calling up Akshay and telling him what she thought of him. Ridhima was very angry with the way he had treated Kashish, but slowly relaxed as Kashish talked her into helping her with a new plan.

"So now you totally want to change for that thankless twit? Buy clothes that would impress him. Do thinks that would make him think you are cooler than his new girlfriend. And do all his by stalking him?" Ridhima asked after listening for half an hour to Kashish's new crazy scheme.

"Guess you can put it like that and he is not a useless twit. He is the best person and I love him. Please can we just not talk about what we think about him?" Kashish begged ready to cry once again.

"Fine, fine! God you are so stubborn! Talk about tunnel vision. Ok look, we will need to find his schedule.. With all the commotion going about Ms. Abot, he gets tagged being her bf. So I can get you that info, but it's completely confidential so you don't tell anyone where you get your info from."

Kashish made a motion of zipping her lips, locking it at one end and throwing away the key, Ridhima laughed at her antics and continued.

"You are such a kid. He's gonna hurt you bad. Why am I not stopping you? Oh well, anyways, what we will also need is new clothes. Now although money isn't a problem for you, you need a plausible excuse for asking your father to send you some."

"I rather not.. I mean.. God Ridhima.. I feel bad lying to him like this and then lying more. Can't I get a job and earn the money?"

"No, it would take too long to get that much money from a starting salary.."

"Ok.. I have some, which he sent me here with…. How about I ask him money for clothes for office? But a few office dresses and few dresses for Akshay. It wouldn't be a complete lie then."

"Oh, and how are you going to convince him to let you work on a job and why would he let you wear any clothes other than what you have?"

Kashish groaned and clasped her head in her hands. Nothing was going the way she wanted nothing!

-oOo-

Everything was all right now! Kashish thought gleefully and continued to shop for new clothes with Ridhima. It had been difficult, but the infamous mayor had come for her rescue once again. Kashish was going to work at the reelection campaign offices of the mayor, get a decent salary. For her own father it wasn't work, but volunteer-ship for the betterment of the community to help them elect the right person. The clothes allowance was easily explained. She needed plain clothes which she hadn't brought with her. Thinking she was only going to be meeting her in-laws, they had only packed her pretty, expensive, non-sensible clothes.

Now here she was buying clothes for work and Akshay.

-oOo-