Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

Nishtha

IF-Veteran Member

Nishtha

--

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:13pm | IP Logged
Hello Friends...

Here are few most hilarious Quotes made by cricketers during the worldcup .

I could've stopped 'em better with my coat.

Geoffrey Boycott doesn't think highly of Kamran Akmal's wicketkeeping efforts during Saturday's World Cup match against Sri Lanka

I am taking a lottery ticket out this weekend.

Shane Warne's feeling lucky after correctly predicting soon after the start of the India-England match that it would end in a tie
Feb 27, 2011

I saw only two murders in the theatre, but ended up watching many more during the Ireland-England game

Munaf Patel was watching Bollywood movie Saat Khoon Maaf (Forgive seven murders), but left midway to see Kevin O'Brien ambush England

If his batting was as good as Don Bradman's, he couldn't score enough runs to make up for what he costs them with his keeping
Ian Chappell's pithy description of Kamran Akmal's glovework

Mar 15, 2011

It felt like playing football with both hands tied behind my back.

Graeme Swann on what it was like bowling with a dew-soaked ball against Bangladesh in Chittagong
Mar 14, 2011

You don't play for the crowd, you play for the country

MS Dhoni holds nothing back in his criticism of India's collapse in the batting Powerplay against South Africa in Nagpur
Mar 12, 2011

You may put hybrid fuel in the car but the cylinder, the engine, everything, needs to be like that.

M S Dhoni's reply to whether India needs a fielding coach
Mar 11, 2011

I've been saying this for more than 21 years to Afridi. He has to learn.

Wasim Akram after Shahid Afridi was dismissed playing a daft slog in the World Cup game against Australia

I told Gautam, I am not Virender Sehwag, I can't run like that.

Yuvraj Singh on five minutes of brainless running which ended in Gautam Gambhir's run-out in the World Cup quarter-final against Australia
Mar 24, 2011

Maybe we've just learned to keep our mouths closed a bit more.

Ricky Ponting says the current Australian side are not the sledgers of old

The only person who can control Sreesanth is Sreesanth. It is beyond my control and I don't think too much about.

MS Dhoni thinks it best to leave Sreesanth to his own devices and hope for the best
Apr 1, 2011

Till the full stop doesn't come the sentence is not complete.

MS Dhoni metaphorically implies that the success of India's World Cup campaign hinges on the result of the final

reason I kept going after [reaching] 100 is because I was tired, and I didn't really want to run too much.
Shane Watson explains his onslaught against Bangladesh that included a record-breaking 15 sixes
Apr 12, 2011

This is the first time in the last ten years that I've played a maiden over

Virender Sehwag had to come up with something special to deal with Lasith Malinga in the IPL
Apr 10, 2011

Not exactly like my dad ... I thought I played with little more sense in the middle.

Kris Srikkanth's son S Anirudha points out the difference in their batting styles
Apr 6, 2011

I don't mind repeating everything.

MS Dhoni's response, when asked about his next goal, now that he had scaled all possible peaks as a captain
Apr 6, 2011

Congrats on the good news @GraemeSmith49. We r looking for an opener here in Dublin - Unfortunately we can't offer you any 50 over cricket!

Ireland's Trent Johnston tweets to Graeme Smith, on hearing about the South African captain's engagement
Apr 5, 2011

I feel I can smash the wall with my head.

Gautam Gambhir credits Gary Kirsten for the confidence with which he batted in the World Cup final
Apr 4, 2011

Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders.

Virat Kohli leads the Tendulkar tributes after India's World Cup triumph

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

aadri--BlueSwitch-hindu4lyfParachute.safeplacetolandHowlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Quote/Uncote- Hialrious ones!" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Howlarious

IF-Addictz

Howlarious

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Nishtha

Apr 4, 2011

Tendulkar has carried the burden of the nation for 21 years. It is time we carried him on our shoulders.

Virat Kohli leads the Tendulkar tributes after India's World Cup triumph

This one must be the highlight of the World Cup. :) 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyfsafeplacetolandtomnjerry2

hindu4lyf

IF-Rockerz

hindu4lyf

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 1:28pm | IP Logged
Haha I was reading them earlier on today..
These two are my favourite!

Virat Kohli leads the Tendulkar tributes after India's World Cup triumph

When Kohli said that, my heart melted. :')

I saw only two murders in the theatre, but ended up watching many more during the Ireland-England game 

Munaf Patel was watching Bollywood movie Saat Khoon Maaf (Forgive seven murders), but left midway to see Kevin O'Brien ambush EnglandROFL

Edited by hindu4lyf - 14 April 2011 at 2:08pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

safeplacetolandtomnjerry2Howlarious

Post Reply New Post

Go to top