Discussion of the Week - One

Posted: 13 years ago
Hey my Surya Forum Members, 🤗

As we all know that the Forum doesn't have enough mod's and Development team so here i am doing the work on behalf of them.

Here comes your discussion of the week.

Topic:- Is the show successful to break the image of CID or they copying the same track of CID?

well CID is practically a legend ... so for a new show to break that record ... tahts next to imposssible ... BUT Surya DOES have a promising cast .. what with talented stars like Mohit Mallik and Swati taldar (Saloni) .. although Priyanka Bassi's acting has alway looked stifff to me
Nice Topic!!! Will post my view on it soon!!!
Originally posted by Mahak Sinha

Hey my Surya Forum Members, 🤗

As we all know that the Forum doesn't have enough mod's and Development team so here i am doing the work on behalf of them.

Here comes your discussion of the week.

Topic:- Is the show successful to break the image of CID or they copying the same track of CID?

Hey thanks for opening such nice topic for the week.

It's really tough to compare the show with CID which has passed a long time and we have a lot expeience there.

But cast wise this show is better than CID.

Originally posted by geet_maan_magic

well CID is practically a legend ... so for a new show to break that record ... tahts next to imposssible ... BUT Surya DOES have a promising cast .. what with talented stars like Mohit Mallik and Swati taldar (Saloni) .. although Priyanka Bassi's acting has alway looked stifff to me

I will do a change there just for me PB and Karan and Mohit is nice too. 😊
Lovely topic opened. 👏 👏

No but i love this show and it's better than CID for me. 😊 😊
Great topic to discuss...I will edit my part soon but for now I want to say one thing that STSC is from the makers of CID (B P Singh)

Reserved.

I would say...CID is legend but  followed by older as well as younger generation..........and Surya is a younger and fresh version of CID.....young and dashing crime unit.........and done with B.P.Singh is like sone pe Suhaga.........So we have to accept that  we will see some style of CID....which is not bad........I believe in if a suspense story which hooks me up till end with presentable star cast........i am hooked to that show.........which  Surya has done by far......Officer Amit....keep rocking................😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊🤗
A really great discussion topic. I'll be back with my opinion soon.

Edited: So I feel that while Surya has a very big potential to develop, it'll be hard to overcome CID because CID has been around for so many years (almost 14 now). Plus, CID has always had great cases and acting, but so far in Surya, the acting hasn't been up to par. 😕 With improvement, I'm sure that Surya can reach a new high though because the potential exists. In fact it has already started to develop in the past few episodes. Today's episode, 25 Saal Purana Khooni Raaz, was very good and the acting has improved many standards. 👏

I'll be back to add more.
Edited by luv_cid_shreya - 13 years ago
i think Surya has the potential to make its own identity without being shadowed by CID..........as others have pointed out, it has the young, fresh, smart feel to it. But whether it actually lives up to all the expectation is yet to be seen. I find among the young guns, Kaya and Rajhans characters to be most strong. but i do like other groups as well. the cases are becoming more interesting. but i ll be really glad if they can bring in smart action moves and more interesting endings. the way they chase the criminals at the end is boring. but if they work on these, i m sure Surya will have its own identity other than being described as CID influenced or CID-wannabe. Since i never watched CID regularly other than two or three episodes here and there, it wont be right on my part to comment on comparisons.

@Mahak, gr8 topic.