Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

Charuu

Groupbie

Charuu

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 8:05am | IP Logged
If any if you have worked closely with any of these actors, serial directors - mayb we should feed them our responses.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

_SK_alaipayutheyatina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Change in serial content! (Page 2)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

srima

IF-Dazzler

srima

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 11:06am | IP Logged
Thanks charu for starting this topic. Yes I agree with you in that most our Tamil serials are crappy. ost of the Hindi serials no way better , specially Balaji productions. Acting is mediocre in hindi serials though the heros & heroins are paraded with painted face[ inspite of most of them having  fair complexion] , heavy jewellery even while cooking or sleeping. Yes as Roja pointed out light comedies like Yeh jo hai jindagi , Nukkad , some Sai Paranjpe's serials were class of its kind, but those were things of past. For good tamil serials we can count on KB sir but few takers for such serials ,very low TRP ratings.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

_SK_alaipayutheyeljayatina

atina

IF-Veteran Member

atina

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 6:12pm | IP Logged
another usual things happen in almost all the srials is....Men after work reach home and the women serve table full of food....and as soon as theyn start eating...will start off...their idiotic questions and opparee........poor men....they will simply walk away from food......!!

kashtam.....

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

_SK_srimaalaipayuthey

Charuu

Groupbie

Charuu

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 8:44am | IP Logged
My cousin used to talk about all the fan fictions here and i totally agree with her comment that we might all be better serial directors. These producers just have to give the chance to us! We will be better creative heads!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayil_irahesrimaalaipayutheyCarynatina

alaipayuthey

IF-Rockerz

alaipayuthey

Posted: 15 April 2011 at 12:24pm | IP Logged
ya! i was telling my dad once that one day i will write a serial that would be much better than the ridiculous dramas these days. i mean they are way to predictable.

rather than a source of relaxation after a stressful day at school/work, it turns out to be a big headache altogether.

like charu said, some of the fan fictions that people write on IF are amazing! if we could see something like that on a tamil tv channel, it would totally be awesome and something to look forward too!

i wish some producer or director was actually reading this!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

_SK_atina

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 21 April 2011 at 5:25pm | IP Logged
Well said Charu.  i could not agree more

Practically all the noon serials/evening serials have the same theme.  I have read interviews by Chinnathirai stars that their serials story line are based on reality that is going on.  Okay, I agree but how much of reality is real in the serial.

Bombing a family?  Kidnapping?  Why couldn't they show a MIL & DIL/SIL being good friends. That is reality nowadays.  In all the serials they show that a villianess in a woman can go to the extreme.  Does that really happen?

I haven't seen any of Hindi serials so i won't know, but it is high time tamil serials needs to go through a change. To me, if that needs to happen tamil audience should give up watching the serials for time being.  As long as the tamil audience watch, TRP will go up and directors will not get into their thick head how depressing their serials are.

Edited by Caryn - 21 April 2011 at 5:25pm

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayil_irahesupreesrimaeljayatinarojapoooo

supree

Goldie

supree

Anandham Caption Contest Winner

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Good topic Charu.

Agree with you & all other friends here 100%. Clap

I was about the say this too and saw Caryn had already mentioned it!  Big smile  Yes, It's high time the Tamil Serial Directors bring a change in their story line, which always holds so much of extreme level ,unrealistic pethals! Angry

This is possible only with the audience! They should all quit these dump serials and show these people how much they are irritated with this stupid serials..etc. Then automatically the directors would put their head into thinking and will start to give us better serials.

What I am not understanding is... Confused when a new movie comes out, even with a very high budget spent,if the story is not good, that one becomes a big flap and goes to 'Potti'  real quick.  People/Audience here knows and does the right thing. But in this Serial world, how come people accept all craps?! Shocked

Even, The T.V. media should have the responsibility in filtering what to be shown/aired on the T.V. I would say, especially during prime time when most of the family tries to watch something on the T.V. 

I would say, they should bring a Rule, that any serial that's aired for about 6 months should be checked to see whether it has a good theme and real good story line/ no dump scenes. If they don't, this serial should be stopped immediately and they should give a chance to the next team...and so on. If the serial is holding all these nice facts, then it should be allowed for another six months..etc.

if they bring out a rule like this, I am sure every serial director would take this as a good & healthy competition and try to bring our their best, with decent story lines.

Also this will resolve the SAME OLD,  REPEATED STORY and Scenes within the same serial again and again, Angry and also will stop anyone from dragging their MoKKAI serial for 4-5 years all together. Angry

Sorry friends, this post became sort of long! Just wanted to pour out all I had!  Big smile 

Thanks for giving me a chance & thanks for reading!

Edited by supree - 22 April 2011 at 10:07am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Mayil_irahesrimaCaryneljayatinarojapoooo

srima

IF-Dazzler

srima

Posted: 22 April 2011 at 11:07am | IP Logged
Well said supree.How I sincerely wish that some of the directors visit this page.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Carynatina

Post Reply New Post

Go to top