F.I.R

Aamir-I am not playing Chulbul Pandey

Armu4eva thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Aamir: I am not playing Chulbhul Pandey
Buzz up!

Kavita Awaasthi/Hill Road Media

Aamir Ali is back in a television serial after his role in Bhaskar Bharti two years ago. This time he will don the role of a cop in SAB tv's FIR. Paired with Chandra Mukhi Chautala, his character Bajrang Pandey though might sound like Chulbhul Pandey of Dabangg, doesn't resemble the filmi role. Thrilled to be doing good work, Aamir like his namesake film hero, believes in working on one project at a time.

Showing 1 of 9 images Previous    Next

What was your criterion for choosing FIR?
As an actor, I am always surprised by people and what they expect from you. I have met so many people who have asked me what is my next project and when will I be seen back on television. It just makes me feel very wanted and good. I choose to do FIR as the show is superb, the production unit, director are fabulous. When they met me with the role and spoke to me about the show, I instinctively decided to do it. I am glad to get such a different role.

What do you think of FIR as it is a successfully running show for over two years?
FIR is superb. It is a crazy show but totally lovely and amazing. I have shot a bit with the unit and feel very comfortable with them already. I love the kind of comedy on the show.

Tell us about your character Bajrang Pandey.
Bajrang Pandey is a flamboyant character. He is a cop but doesn't take any of his duties seriously. He wants to be serious but can't drudge up enough enthusiasm to do some good work. He brags about having solved numerous cases but it is far from the truth. He is also a ladies man and loves to be surrounded by girls. But he doesn't get too close to them as a pandit has predicted that if he got close as in intimate with a woman, he would die. So he lives in this dilemma all the time.

Bajrang Pandey sure reminds us of Chulbhul Pandey of Dabangg. Will you be aping Salman khan's antics in this serial?
Not at all. There can be only one Chulbhul Pandey and that is Salman. And similarly there can be only one Bajrang Pandey- me!! Other than the Pandey name there is nothing similar between the two characters- neither the walk, talk or herogiri.

How is your rapport with co star and heroine of FIR Kavita Kaushik?
I have known her since Nach Baliye days. We get along well and are pretty friendly. She is cool and has been doing a great job on the show. She is a wonderful actress and shines through in her performance in the show. I am looking forward to working with her.

You are attempting comedy for the first time.
Yes. It is a novelty and will be super fun. I am learning that comedy is pretty tough to do. I had heard people say that, I had seen people do comedy but when you perform a comic scene yourself, it is a totally different ball game. This is new and exciting for me as a person and as an actor. Every actor should do a good comedy at least once in their career if not more.

What kind of response did you get for your role in I Hate Luv Stories? Are any more movies in the offing?
Well I guess you should tell me what the response for the role in IHLS was. People like me in the film and spoke highly of my performance. But I am not looking at too many things at the same time. I like to dabble in one project and right now I am focusing on FIR.

You did an advertisement with Kareena kapoor. How was that experience? 
Wonderful. She is like a dream. She is so beautiful, attractive and graceful. I enjoyed doing the ad with her. We shot for Mahindra scooters and she was a total professional.

Your girlfriend Sanjeeda Sheikh recently said that both of you plan to marry in the future. Do you concur?
Of course. We will be married soon only I don't know how soon or which year. She is the perfect life partner for me. We are both on the same page regarding our relationship and marriage.

Edited by Armu4eva - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Thanks Tanu for the Article.
niks_pri thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
loved reading the article.i loved IHLS and mahindra ad with Kareena.want to see him more on t.v.he rocks❤️