~Do You Know Anyone Who's Autistic?~ - Page 2

Posted: 12 years ago

Lovely article about Autism. Awesome post. Not many people are aware of this disorder. Some individuals actually tend to put Autism in the category of being mentally  handicapped. And that is wrong, Autism is not considered a mental handicap. People with Autism have normal or above normal intelligence. It is a development disorder. Individuals with Autism are able to understand us, we are the ones lacking in "that understanding". Its our duty to help them, be friends with them, and show them the beauty of this world.

Thxxxx 4 letting us know I feel rly sad 4 kids who have Autotsum
For some reason this topic brought tears to my eyes.

Thank you so much for opening this topic and trying to raise awareness..I think it's the least we can do. :) In fact even I didn't know about some of the early symptoms.

I still remember how much I cried watching this song. Autistic kids are special, please don't treat them any differently. If you want to treat them differently, then give them as much love as you can.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvA3Rpv29pY[/YOUTUBE]

Amazing Post hindu4lyf. That song "Taare Zameen Par" is engraved in my heart. The first time I heard it, I remember the realization I felt. Autistic kids should be loved, and not hated. Just because they have a disorder, doesn't mean that they're not one of us. They are part of this world, and should be taken care of like all the other children. Thanks so much for posting the VM. I hope everyone starts accepting individuals with Autism and making them realize that they belong here.

Awesome post dear. Thanks for bringing this info to the forum.
Thank you everyone!! ðŸ˜Š

I personally, on completing my education, want to work with autistic children. ðŸ˜ƒ So, doing this topic was not really a pain but rather a kind of learning experience for me. ðŸ˜‰

Am glad to see that I-F is full of non-judgemental people like you all.  ðŸ˜Š Yes I agree that autistic children are actually above-average intelligent and it's okay if you can't take out time to actually visit them, because even mentioning them in a convo with friends or discussing them in forums is enough. ðŸ˜ƒ

Love, Megz. ðŸ˜Š
Thanks meg ..got to learn something new...from now will see to it..
awesome post dear............
Gr8 Post...i didnt know that April is the month of Autism awareness....i dont know anyone who is autistic and have not interacted with such kids but i do know about the disease after watching  SRK in "My Name is Khan"....frankly speaking before this movie i did not know that this disease even existed, but when i saw the promos and read articles, i did little research on the disease.

thanks for all the information in detail...It was indeed a gr8 post !!

I used to watch the show Aapki Antara. And it was about a little girl who had Autism, and through the story, the show lead individuals to be aware of the needs of people suffering from this condition and to deal with them with sympathetically. It was a Zee Tv Production.

Here is a website that has great information on Autism(It is actually a Forum about Autism):

http://www.zeetv.com/forumforautism.html

Edited by music2love - 12 years ago