Page 2 Page 3

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 11 April 2011 at 7:40am | IP Logged
ANITA HASANANDANI (I)
[11 Apr 2011]

"IT WAS DIFFICULT TO GET OVER MY BREAK-UP WITH EIJAZ"
'HONESTLY, BALAJI IS LIKE FAMILY. IT'S MY COMFORT ZONE. SO I WANTED TO CONSCIOUSLY GET OUT OF THAT COMFORT ZONE. THAT'S WHY I WANTED TO START OFF WITH SOMETHING NEW. I WILL DEFINITELY WORK WITH BALAJI. THERE ARE NO TWO WAYS ABOUT THAT. BUT I AM GLAD THAT I HAVE STARTED WITH SOMETHING DIFFERENT.'

Anita Hasanandani has been a part of this industry for a little less than a decade now. Unlike many of her contemporaries, she has time and again proved her mettle as an actress with her incredible portrayals in shows like Kabhii Sautan Kabhii Sahelii, Kkavyanjali and Comedy Circus to name a few. But Anita's years in the entertainment business have not been without trials and tribulations. She's been somebody's eternal flame in the gossip column for a long time, as a result of her rocky relationship with Eijaz Khan. In the movie business too, she's merely sparkled. Yet she is one of the very few actresses today, with a strong sense of self.

When I meet Anita at a suburban coffee shop in Mumbai, she is dressed in a pretty maroon churidaar with her curtain of silky black hair tumbling over her shoulders. "It's new," she says, flashing her infectious million-dollar smile that lights up the whole room. She certainly looks better than ever, her glowing, wheatish skin creases only when she laughs ? which she does a lot. Besides being the tragic heroine (remember Kkavyanjali), a brilliant actress and a woman of thousand expressions, Anita is also something else ? she is funny, chatty and prone to exclamations of delight as the words come spilling out. "I am content," she smiles.

And the star has every right to look happy these days. Her career's in overdrive right now, thanks to the many accolades she is winning for her portrayal in Vikram Bhatt's maiden TV venture Anhoniyon Ka Andhera. Anita is nothing if not versatile; after all, despite her patrician looks, she has been able to effectively become a regular girl in her latest TV offering.

At this point in life, Anita is well-aware that life should be celebrated at every opportunity. In an exclusive tell-all, the gorgeous actress speaks to Showtime about all the chapters of her life. Right from her comeback on TV, her failed relationship with Eijaz to falling in love once again, Anita speaks her heart out!

She shakes her head and shrugs as she talks about her journey so far. "You know, I don't come from a filmi background, so my journey has been wonderful. I started from nowhere and even though a lot of people may not think that I am very successful, I couldn't be happier. I don't regret shifting to movies either because I have experienced a lot. I have learnt so much. I feel blessed."

Though Anita has no regrets, she admits that the failure of a film close to her heart did shatter her to an extent. "I was expecting a lot from Koi Aap Sa and was very emotionally attached to that role. Before I started shooting for the film, I just knew that it would be loved. It was one of the best roles any girl could get and it was a beautiful script. But you can't guess what people will like or what will do well," she reminisces, "The funny part is, even today, whenever the movie is playing on TV, I get so many calls from people saying that they loved the movie. It saddens me even more."

Anita was one of the top actresses on TV when she decided to take a long sabbatical from television soaps, which ended just recently. "Taking a sabbatical was my personal choice," she cuts in, "When you do TV, you don't really get time for anything. I wanted to spend time with my family. I did a lot in these couple of years. I learnt how to cook, dance and even did a few reality shows."

Many are calling ?Andhera her comeback show on the small screen. Is she back on the small screen for good? "Yes, this is my comeback show and it feels good to be working with a great maker like Vikram Bhatt. It's a horror show, which is his fort. I can confidently say that this is one of the most performance-oriented roles I have done so far, on television and in films. I am like a superhero on the show, so it's really cool.

Personally though, I would never want to have superpowers like that. I'd be living a life of hell if I was communicating with ghosts," she pauses, "In fact, I am happier that I am back on TV now. I feel TV is where I started, so it kind of makes me feel at home."
According to sources, this show is being labelled as a rip-off of the English film Gothika (starring Halle Berry). What does she have to say about that? "Honestly, I haven't seen the movie. But if the show was a rip-off of a film, I would've known. I am the protagonist of the show. See, it's an original script and the story changes every three-four episodes. One of the main reasons I did the show was because it's not monotonous."

But given that Anita is very close to Ekta Kapoor, why didn't she make a comeback with Balaji Telefilms? "Honestly, Balaji is like family. It's my comfort zone. So I wanted to consciously get out of that comfort zone. That's why I wanted to start off with something new. I will definitely work with Balaji. There are no two ways about that. But I am glad that I have started with something different."

When Ekta learnt about Anita's comeback, didn't she get in touch with her? "Yes, she did. In fact, she calls me up before she starts every show, even now," giggles Anita, "She tells me whenever I am ready, I just have to let her know. Now that I am back to TV with a weekly, if I get time and a great concept, I will definitely work with Balaji."

The pretty actress seems to be in a rather happy place as far as her professional life is concerned. But coming to something more personal, life hasn't been fair. Her much-talked about long-standing relationship with Eijaz Khan came to a sudden end, a while back. At the time, Anita was also said to have been heartbroken. The actress, who has always been very tight-lipped about her personal life, doesn't flinch even for a second when I ask her about this. "It was very difficult to get over our break-up initially" she says upfront, "I think my friends were like my rock of support at that time. It was all my friends. They would take me out and come hang with me all the time. When you are in a relationship, you spend all your time with your partner. And when you break up, suddenly you are empty.  It's like your day just starts and ends with your boyfriend," she takes a breather, "You get the first and last call of your day from him. I even had a pact with one of my friends that whenever I felt like calling Eijaz up, I would call her up. And I would tell her to always answer my call."

(To be continued)

*Courtesy: Showtime

-- k k rai

ASK HER WHAT WENT WRONG BETWEEN THE TWO AND ANITA INSTANTLY RESPONDS, "WE WERE JUST VERY DIFFERENT PEOPLE, THAT WAS THE PROBLEM," SHE ASSERTS. BUT LOVE CAN CHANGE THAT, RIGHT? "THAT'S ONLY A LINE YAAR," SHE RETORTS, "TRUST ME. IT CAN CHANGE A LITTLE AND FOR A LITTLE WHILE. BUT IT CAN'T COMPLETELY CHANGE SOMEONE."

After her break-up with Eijaz, there were rumours galore that she was disillusioned in love. How true were they? "Well, not true at all. I am not disillusioned in love. Heartbreaks are a part and parcel of life. They just make you stronger and teach you a lot. That's what happened with me."

So then why has she been single for all this time after her break-up? "Well, I am seeing someone," she confesses, "He's not from the industry and is a non-actor. But I am definitely not single. It's a little early to talk about our relationship right now."

In a good way, that's quite a revelation coming from someone who's always been secretive about her love life. Is she happy in her present relationship at the moment? "I believe if you want a good and happy relationship and you want the relationship to last, then the most important thing that is needed is honesty. Because love fluctuates. People fight on small and big issues. Amidst this, if you are completely honest with each other; it's just so much cleaner and pure. I definitely see this in my current relationship and I have no complaints."

So was that amiss in her relationship with Eijaz? "Yeah, that was," she reiterates, "In every relationship, there are good things and bad things. But at the end of the day, what matters is what you learn from it. And I can't tell you how much I have learnt from Eijaz. I have now become a lot more emotional. I have grown as a person."

Considering she and her ex-lover are in the same line of work, how would she react if she got an offer to act with Eijaz? Anita says with a straight face, "I wouldn't work with him. It will just be awkward now. Ours was a strong relationship and a long one, it was almost marriage. Plus, I don't see any point in opening a closed chapter again."

Like Anita said, the two were going to get married. So when you reach such a point in a relationship, a break-up is usually temporary, no? "I had gone through all of that. I had had my share of break-ups and patch-ups with Eijaz. This time when it actually happened, it just felt like it won't work out."

Apparently, her relationship with Eijaz also caused problems between her and Ekta. Close sources suggested that Eijaz had made her cut off from all her friends. "That's not true. It's just that when you get into a relationship, you get so busy and entangled in your own life that you kind of lose touch with your friends. That is how it was when I was seeing Eijaz," she thinks for a few seconds, "Looking back, I have realized that it is not the right thing to do. Now I know how important it is to stay in touch with your friends, so I make that extra effort. Back then, I guess, I didn't realize it and got carried away."
Does that mean she isn't in touch with him at all? "No, I am not in touch with him," she discloses, "Sometimes two very good people are not good for each other. And I think that was the case with us. I respect whatever we had. And today that we are not together, I am sure he must have moved on. I have moved on and I am in a very happy place at the moment."

It's obvious that it's still a little awkward for her, so I decide to change the subject to something more pleasant – her work. Have there been any eerie incidences on the sets of her show …Andhera? "I remember one scary incident," she recalls, "Once Vikram was narrating a scary incident to me at Mukesh Mills and there was a guy standing behind us, drinking a cup of tea in a glass. Out of nowhere, his glass just burst. When you logically think of such a thing, it could be because the tea was very hot. But at that point of time, you don't think of these things. So it was scary."

Of late, Anita has also had problems sleeping at night. She says, "I'm a very switch off, switch on kind of actor. But when you're doing horror, there are times when you go home and can't get sleep. There have been times when I have suddenly woken up and switched on the lights. Honestly, for the past one month, I don't think I have slept with all the lights off. I get scared."

Anita has been through a lot in the past few years, but she hasn't let that bog her spirit down. So what are the goals she has set for herself? "Well, I just want to keep on improving and doing better work, depending on what comes my way. I am back and there is a lot more I want to do. As far as my personal life is concerned, I am in a blissful state," she grins with a twinkle in her eyes.

Love seems to be blossoming on the personal front and with things taking a turn for the good, professionally, Anita is back and hitting her stride.

(Concluded)

-- k k rai

Edited by Armu4eva - 16 April 2011 at 6:50am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

BlessedSexyone-Kruti.S-Blueberry_07

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Difficult to get over breakup wit Eijaz-Anita*Upd*" in Bhaskar Bharti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

CrazyNoori

IF-Rockerz

CrazyNoori

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 5:05am | IP Logged
O m G She looks so cuteeeeeeee in her pix :)))) :DD

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Armu4eva

BlessedSexyone

IF-Dazzler

BlessedSexyone

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 8:43am | IP Logged
awwwwwww baby, i wont break ur heart HeartHug come to me HeartHug  mujhe shaadi karoge HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Armu4eva

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 12 April 2011 at 9:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BlessedSexyone

awwwwwww baby, i wont break ur heart HeartHug come to me HeartHug  mujhe shaadi karoge Heart

Oye... Mr. Chance Marofying..Angry her karam are not so phute ..that she has to come to u.. Embarrassed LOL

BlessedSexyone

IF-Dazzler

BlessedSexyone

Posted: 13 April 2011 at 5:24am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Armu4eva

awwwwwww baby, i wont break ur heart HeartHug come to me HeartHug  mujhe shaadi karoge Heart

Oye... Mr. Chance Marofying..Angry her karam are not so phute ..that she has to come to u.. Embarrassed LOL

hey when a chance is there, u gotta take it LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL she will never find a more decent guy than me..........if i change my surname LOLLOLLOLLOL hard to belive she be 30 tomorrow, still looks sweet 16 EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed adoreable Heart HeartHeart i can make her fall for my charms (if i change my surname LOLLOLLOL) i can make her feel like a queen  and i can be her King EmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Armu4eva

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 12:32pm | IP Logged

hey when a chance is there, u gotta take it LOL she will never find a more decent guy than me..........if i change my surname LOL hard to belive she be 30 tomorrow, still looks sweet 16 Embarrassed adoreable Heart HeartHeart i can make her fall for my charms (if i change my surname LOLLOLLOL) i can make her feel like a queen  and i can be her King Embarrassed

Change ur surname to what??? ur already a Khan ... n KHAN's r surely off her list.. LOL

BlessedSexyone

IF-Dazzler

BlessedSexyone

Posted: 14 April 2011 at 2:31pm | IP Logged

hey when a chance is there, u gotta take it LOL she will never find a more decent guy than me..........if i change my surname LOL hard to belive she be 30 tomorrow, still looks sweet 16 Embarrassed adoreable Heart HeartHeart i can make her fall for my charms (if i change my surname LOLLOLLOL) i can make her feel like a queen  and i can be her King Embarrassed

Change ur surname to what??? ur already a Khan ... n KHAN's r surely off her list.. LOL

That is why i said i need change my surname LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL and actually maybe my 1st name, considerin her ex's brothers name is also that LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL I NEED A NAME AngryAngryAngryAngryAngry help meeeeeeeee get a nice cute name LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Armu4eva

Coolbie

Armu4eva

Posted: 16 April 2011 at 6:50am | IP Logged
ASK HER WHAT WENT WRONG BETWEEN THE TWO AND ANITA INSTANTLY RESPONDS, "WE WERE JUST VERY DIFFERENT PEOPLE, THAT WAS THE PROBLEM," SHE ASSERTS. BUT LOVE CAN CHANGE THAT, RIGHT? "THAT'S ONLY A LINE YAAR," SHE RETORTS, "TRUST ME. IT CAN CHANGE A LITTLE AND FOR A LITTLE WHILE. BUT IT CAN'T COMPLETELY CHANGE SOMEONE."

After her break-up with Eijaz, there were rumours galore that she was disillusioned in love. How true were they? "Well, not true at all. I am not disillusioned in love. Heartbreaks are a part and parcel of life. They just make you stronger and teach you a lot. That's what happened with me."

So then why has she been single for all this time after her break-up? "Well, I am seeing someone," she confesses, "He's not from the industry and is a non-actor. But I am definitely not single. It's a little early to talk about our relationship right now."

In a good way, that's quite a revelation coming from someone who's always been secretive about her love life. Is she happy in her present relationship at the moment? "I believe if you want a good and happy relationship and you want the relationship to last, then the most important thing that is needed is honesty. Because love fluctuates. People fight on small and big issues. Amidst this, if you are completely honest with each other; it's just so much cleaner and pure. I definitely see this in my current relationship and I have no complaints."

So was that amiss in her relationship with Eijaz? "Yeah, that was," she reiterates, "In every relationship, there are good things and bad things. But at the end of the day, what matters is what you learn from it. And I can't tell you how much I have learnt from Eijaz. I have now become a lot more emotional. I have grown as a person."

Considering she and her ex-lover are in the same line of work, how would she react if she got an offer to act with Eijaz? Anita says with a straight face, "I wouldn't work with him. It will just be awkward now. Ours was a strong relationship and a long one, it was almost marriage. Plus, I don't see any point in opening a closed chapter again."

Like Anita said, the two were going to get married. So when you reach such a point in a relationship, a break-up is usually temporary, no? "I had gone through all of that. I had had my share of break-ups and patch-ups with Eijaz. This time when it actually happened, it just felt like it won't work out."

Apparently, her relationship with Eijaz also caused problems between her and Ekta. Close sources suggested that Eijaz had made her cut off from all her friends. "That's not true. It's just that when you get into a relationship, you get so busy and entangled in your own life that you kind of lose touch with your friends. That is how it was when I was seeing Eijaz," she thinks for a few seconds, "Looking back, I have realized that it is not the right thing to do. Now I know how important it is to stay in touch with your friends, so I make that extra effort. Back then, I guess, I didn't realize it and got carried away."
Does that mean she isn't in touch with him at all? "No, I am not in touch with him," she discloses, "Sometimes two very good people are not good for each other. And I think that was the case with us. I respect whatever we had. And today that we are not together, I am sure he must have moved on. I have moved on and I am in a very happy place at the moment."

It's obvious that it's still a little awkward for her, so I decide to change the subject to something more pleasant – her work. Have there been any eerie incidences on the sets of her show …Andhera? "I remember one scary incident," she recalls, "Once Vikram was narrating a scary incident to me at Mukesh Mills and there was a guy standing behind us, drinking a cup of tea in a glass. Out of nowhere, his glass just burst. When you logically think of such a thing, it could be because the tea was very hot. But at that point of time, you don't think of these things. So it was scary."

Of late, Anita has also had problems sleeping at night. She says, "I'm a very switch off, switch on kind of actor. But when you're doing horror, there are times when you go home and can't get sleep. There have been times when I have suddenly woken up and switched on the lights. Honestly, for the past one month, I don't think I have slept with all the lights off. I get scared."

Anita has been through a lot in the past few years, but she hasn't let that bog her spirit down. So what are the goals she has set for herself? "Well, I just want to keep on improving and doing better work, depending on what comes my way. I am back and there is a lot more I want to do. As far as my personal life is concerned, I am in a blissful state," she grins with a twinkle in her eyes.

Love seems to be blossoming on the personal front and with things taking a turn for the good, professionally, Anita is back and hitting her stride.

(Concluded)

-- k k rai

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-Kruti.S-..Sakeena..Usman.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top