Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

ANUSHKA: Talks abt RANBIR SHAHID RANVEER

-Mmmmm- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

Nobody is my 3 am friend: Anushka

Prithwish Ganguly, TNN | Apr 11, 2011, 12.00am IST

Rumours about Anushka Sharma's romance, tantrums, starry demands and attitude problem have been getting louder. It was time to get to the truth, or at least her side of the story. She was game. Read on for excerpts...

You know you have been crowned the tantrum queen?
Somebody is raising fingers at my professionalism and I'm very upset about that. I come from a background that teaches professionalism and punctuality. People are raising fingers at my upbringing. All things about me being disrespectful to my seniors and colleagues are untrue. It's only been said that I take forever to get dressed and that I have assistants whose only job is to tell me how great I am looking.

All this is making me look ridiculous. I have come on national television (Karan Johar's chat show) and said that I don't think I'm the most good-looking person. Also about my supposed attitude problem, I'm outspoken and shy. I can't just go up to a person and start a random conversation. Maybe that is being seen as attitude. I get intimidated in public and I'm really awkward. I'm working on my social skills.

Once and for all tell us if Ranveer Singh is a friend or more?
I never wanted to talk about my personal life to anyone. I feel it's nobody's business. Ranveer is genuinely a friend that I have in the industry. We have had a similar journey in the industry. We are great friends, we hang out, we have coffee together, we got out for dinners and we have common friends. We did Band Baaja Baraat and now we are doing Ladies VS Ricky Bahl. We have some karmic connection but it's totally platonic. He continues to be my friend and that's about it.

Is Ranbir Kapoor recommending you for Ayaan Mukherjee's film?
What kind of girl does that make me? Are you raising fingers at my character? I have worked hard to get what I have today. Please give me respect for that. I come from an army background. I see boys and girls to be the same. It's a great thing that colleagues of the industry are bonding with each other. Ranbir is very sorted.

He is a very intelligent person and someone I can talk to. We have met only three times which is like nothing. He is a normal human being. People think that bonding happens with an agenda always. Well, it doesn't need to be so. Ranbir is not my boyfriend. I know Ayaan and he has a mind of his own. I don't know who's doing what to whom but the film hasn't come to me. That's the truth. Life was so easy before I became an actor. I could talk to anyone and no one bothered. I keep thinking to myself, should I not be myself but I won't do that.

When did Shahid and you become friends? One never heard about it when he was dating Priyanka Chopra?
Overtime you become friends with someone. He is a really nice guy but it takes some time to know him. He protects himself. I respect him for the enthusiasm for his work. Nobody is my 3 am friend, not even Ranveer. Normal people have friends and I have them too.

Aren't you too new in the industry to demand a van as big as SRK?
I know my place. I don't overvalue or undervalue myself. I can't dream of asking someone to treat me on the same level as Shah Rukh Khan. You can choose to believe me or not but that's the truth.

Production people complain that you take six hours to come out of make-up van. What do you do inside for so long?
Not true at all. I take 45 mins max to get ready. The result of all these articles is that people are thinking that I'm rude or unprofessional and that's not true at all. It's hampering my reputation and what's worse is that all these are false stories.

So do you think you are lucky like Katrina Kaif since she had maximum number of hit films?
I have worked really hard and thankfully it has been good so far. While there are people who encourage me, there may be some who are not happy with how things are going on in my life. I think people should concentrate on their work rather than try to get into my business.

How come you have not made any actress friends?
I have met everybody and I'm extremely cordial to them. I'm respectful to my seniors. Friendship is a very big thing. I don't have that with anybody except Ranveer. Friendship happens with like minded people. I have five friends in Mumbai out of which only two are from the industry (Maneesh Singh and Ranveer).

What's behind your bonding with Ranbir?
He is a very intelligent person and someone I can talk to. We have met only three times which is like nothing. He is a normal human being. People think that bonding happens with an agenda always. Well, it doesn't need to be so. Ranbir is not my boyfriend. I know Ayaan and he has a mind of his own. I don't know who's doing what to whom but the film hasn't come to me. That's the truth. Life was so easy before I became an actor. I could talk to anyone and no one bothered. I keep thinking to myself, should I not be myself but I won't do that.

Production people complain that you take six hours to come out of the make-up van. What do you do inside for so long?
Not true at all. I take 45 mins max to get ready. The result of all these articles is that people are thinking that I'm rude or unprofessional and that's not true at all. It's hampering my reputation and what's worse is that all these are false stories.

Edited by -Maddy- - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Katalicious thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Anuhka is always talking nowadays? 😕

Edited by KatForeva - 13 years ago
_notinuse_ thumbnail
Anushka: We have some karmic connection

doesn't she mean kamasutra connection? 😆
IHeartDeepika thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Aaaand here we go...another actress talking about her upbringing and character...one Sonam is enough 😳 

She seemed really defensive...i can't blame her.

It's really strange how despite her getting so much attention and rave reviews for BBB she supposedly hasn't signed any other film besides Ladies vs Ricky!
This content was originally posted by: PandorasBox

Anushka: We have some karmic connection

doesn't she mean kamasutra connection? 😆

Well according to her: "People think that bonding happens with an agenda always. Well, it doesn't need to be so"

🤣🤣
Anushka= PC + sonam... 

PC's father was army man so is anu's
sonam's yaps abt her upbrining, so does anu...

I love anu but what gives these actresses to say, my father was this that, my upbringing was like this that, hence i am like this that......
parents and upbringing doesnt imply anything about their character. corelation isnt causation.... 
_notinuse_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: koolchick

Well according to her: "People think that bonding happens with an agenda always. Well, it doesn't need to be so"

🤣🤣

they must bond frequently over a cup of coffee in the mornings after their Kamasutra connection 😆
Edited by PandorasBox - 13 years ago
This content was originally posted by: tiya229

Anushka= PC + sonam... 

PC's father was army man so is anu's
sonam's yaps abt her upbrining, so does anu...

I love anu but what gives these actresses to say, my father was this that, my upbringing was like this that, hence i am like this that......
parents and upbringing doesnt imply anything about their character. corelation isnt causation.... 

Actually you will hear this from almost all Army/Air Force kids. Lara Dutta and Preity Zinta often say that or used to say that. Even Simi Garewal (her father was an Army Officer too) on her show with Preity talked about Army upbringing and discipline.

Watch 2:35 onwards http://youtu.be/5N4SWN4J-Lw [such statements in print appear cocky though here it seems normal]
Edited by TheDilettante - 13 years ago
-Anjaani- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
She sounds so rude to me