Archives - Shanthi Nilayam - April 2011

rojapoooo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Monday 4/4/11 - Archives' copy

Will just give a brief update - Episode No 41

Murugan is on the stage - mommy goads "paadu da paadu " - the little boy faints. Rushed to the hospital. While the doctors are attending , mommy is keen about not missing the competition. Asks the doctor" can he go and continue with the competition?" Dad has had enough.Points fingers at mommy and says that the kid is not able to handle the pressure - "just leave him alone, I just want him to be alive and enjoy being a child " (way to go daddy , at least one parent is sensible)

Viji at home - late night - SIL is not back as yet. Daughter asks her to go and rest. SIL walks in and the couple are talking. He says that he went for a B'day party - colleague's son completing one year. Talks about the kid - "so cute.... carried him all the time.." Wife says " You do miss not having a child, eh??" Both feel the agony of being childless and Viji overhears the conversation. The next day - Viji expresses her concern to Rathi who immediately asks Viji to fix an appointment with their gynae doctor - "don't worry, we will settle things, ok?"

Murugan is in the hospital - cheery and chirping. Mommy is happy and tells daddy that their son is all set for the competition. Doctor calls them in and says "your son is under a lot of pressure...needs an urgent surgery.."

Freeze

Edited by rojapoooo - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eclat thumbnail
Episode number - will check tomorrow and fill in!

Update for Tues, Apr 5, 2011:

Murugan, a young boy who has been singing in contests and has now reached the semifinals stage, but who became unconscious during the last round, has come to the hospital.  His parents are with the doctor, who says that because of the "over tension", he has started hemorrhaging in his brain, and needs to be operated on immediately.  The cost will be Rs. 5 lacs, and Murugan's parents are stunned, because his father is an auto driver. 

Rathy Bharathi, the MD of Shanthi Nilayam, which is a hospital, is checking some furniture, finds it is not the quality expected, and promptly gets rid of the man, Rajamanickam, who had begged for a chance to be able to make the furniture and has now made poor quality stuff.  Akash, the CFO of the company, asks her what happened, and she fills him in.  He applauds her intolerance for being cheated in this instance, but tells her that she has been cheated for a very long time by someone else.  He tells her that Haseena has been cheating her and everyone for a long time.  Haseena is the daughter of Salima, the wife of a former employee, who has been in a coma for many years and has been in the hospital for a long time.  Rathy's father, Dr. Suresh Bharathy, had agreed to treat Salima, and hadn't taken any compensation because she was the wife of a long time employee, and Akash is upset that she is using up a bed, which can bring in money for the hospital.  This has been brought up before and Rathy has flatly refused to listen to him in the past.  Now Akash tells her that Haseena is actually a Hindu by the name of Mahalakshmi, and he went to her workplace and found her there under this Hindu name and wonders what else about her is not true.  Rathy remembers the last time Haseena came to see her and told her that she had applied for a loan for Rs. 1 lac, and she would pay them somehow and in the meantime, she offered to take off her jewels and pledge them.  Rathy stopped her from doing so, but now she is angry.

Murugan's father is sitting in his auto and worrying about this when Aavudai Nambi, a mystic, comes there and asks to go to T.Nagar, and asks the driver how much.  Murugan's father says Rs. 5 lacs, so Nambi asks him what his problem is when they are on their way.  He comes to know of the situation  with Murugan, and he tells the father that there is nothing wrong with pichai edukkaradhu, if it is uyir pichai.  When he gets down at his destination, he leaves a newspaper on the seat, and when the driver looks at the newspaper, there is an ad there asking for help for someone to have a heart transplant surgery, so the driver gets the idea that he can ask for financial help for his son's surgery also. 

Naren is Dr Rathy's colleague, and they have been in love for some time but they are going to get married after a year and a half, because Rathy wants to bring the hospital to a certain level before she gets married.  Naren's parents have come to Madras to get him married and they wanted to meet this Rathy and everything was arranged for them to go to the temple and meet her, but she backed out at the last minute because she came to know that her secretary, Ezhil,  knew about it.  Rathy is jealous of this secretary's relationship with Naren, and the secretary, knowing this, takes every chance she gets to irritate Rathy more and more. 

Naren's parents want to return to the village now that his marriage has not taken place, and he says that he will arrange for them to meet Rathy that evening.  Mom is a nosy parker and she follows him when he goes to make his call.  Now he finds out that mom has been gathering information about Rathy from Ezhil, and he finds out that Ezhil said that Rathy is short tempered, and she spends the whole day at the hospital and thinks of nothing but the hospital all day long.  Mom is not sure if she is fit to be a good housewife, and Naren gets angry and tells them they can return that day itself.

Haseena comes to Rathy's office, Rathy ignores her and finally accuses her of deceiving them all along.  She is angry because she has been duped, and doesn't let Haseena explain anything to her.  Haseena falls at Rathy's feet, but right then, Ezhil comes in and says that Rathy is wanted in another patient's room, and she leaves immediately. 

Thodarum ....

Edited by eljay - 13 years ago
eclat thumbnail
Wednesday - 6th April 2011 My seat

No telecast of Shanthi Nilayam - news courtesy techsatish.net...
Edited by eclat - 13 years ago
eclat thumbnail
Thursday - 7th April 2011 -  RP's slot

Originally posted by: rojapoooo

Thursday Episode No 43 8/4/11

Murugan's dad, Aarumugam is summoned by the doctor. The doctor says that Murugan needs that surgery immediately "
every minute of your delay.....his life is at stake. Aarumugam says that he has asked for help - "this money is beyond my reach. Paper le advertise panni..." The doctor says that it is a long drawn out process " 50, 100 nnu eppO collect panni mudippinga?? You can pay the money in 2 installments ...get going, ok?" Poor Aarumugam - worry written large .....goes to the receptionist and asks some thing.

Viji calls out to her daughter - the first daughter's name is Vasanthi - who is fast asleep in front of the TV - Viji asks about some house document which falls on deaf ears. Viji comes and gently wakes up Vasanthi. Vasanthi is all dejected. - " after I finish all my work.....I have a lot of time on my hands.....should i start working too??  Life is  empty , amma " Viji says that a child in the family will make an ocean of difference (for sure ) Just then the SIL walks in too. Viji apologizes for not being a good mother - " I should have attended to this long back. Nothing is lost.....we have
a good gynae..can I make an appointment ? " Sil agrees and goes in. Viji lovingly tells Vasanthi that very soon there will be a baby " This is what comes to my mind...at this moment....nichiyam nadakkum, do not worry, ok?"

Rathi's household - Vicky, Rathi's brother is seriously working
 on a film script. - avarukku vera peru aana avaraa vaichinda per Vicky 😉 - his wife comes in all ready to sleep but Vicky is busy. Wife is in talking mood - Veppilai adikkara time " ennanga, you are extremely talented..I can see that ...but not others??!!" Well, the "others' " category le only one person - Dr.Rathi Bharathi. Vicky
 is direct - "Now, what do u want??" Shyamala - Mrs.Vicky says that Rathi demeaned him in the hospital - "you have 50% share , right?? Divide the hospital in to 2 , she can be the MD of her share and I can be the MD of our share..." YethO periya director mathiri scene pOttalum , Vicky is sensible " apdiyellam sadakku nnu kekka mudiyathu... athukku Oru time varum, appo kekkaren"
Their son (should be in his teens , innum amma appa bed le paduthukkarathu??!!! KB sir, et tu??) is snoring heavily - Vicky asks his wife to take him to a doctor. The boy does some sleep talk - amma is worried about more complications but dad is
happy that his son's sleep talk is all film titles !!! Vicky wants to name his film " KOrattai " - "chamber le register pannaum,
 Odane"

Next morning - coffee and newspaper time. Vicky grabs the
paper from his son - to read about films. Rathi is given coffee by Shyamala and asks for the newspaper. Shyamala comes out and tells Vicky - "neenga padichu mudichuttu kudunga, pOrum" But Rathi comes out and takes the paper from Vickky ( this guy is totally docile when Rathi is around !!) Well, the appeal for donation by Murugan's father is seen. Shyamala says that she will send 1000 Rs. Rathi is thoughtful... stares at the paper...

Freeze

rojapoooo thumbnail
Monday 11/4/11 Episode No  Archives Copy

Board Meeting - Aakash is missing. Enna agenda ?? Free operation for Murugan.
Rathy wants Aakaash to come as well but Periappa says that this will never meet
the approval of Aakash "thats why I sent him away with some other work " - Well,
Aanand, Periappa and Naren are all against this. Mohan Bharathy says that there
are umpteen such requests from poor parents " we do not take up every thing !!
Also, we have a clause saying that we reduce the fee for poor patients. We can't be
doing charity always!!" Anand seconds the opinion. Naren has a different reason -
"this case is totally complicated..if some thing happens to that boy?? God forbid ...but...
if some thing goes wrong we will  be criticized !!" Rathy is lost - opposition from all ends.
Finally Mohan says that they should donate 25, 000 Rs. Aakash walks in and ridicules
"just 25, 000?? Why can't we do it free?? " All are stunned and Rathy is elated. Well,
Aakash speaks like a true business man " I will use this opportunity to boost
the image of our hospital. With that reporter sathya playing havoc.... we did have our
share of pointing fingers. Now, if we carry this out....I will call the media in big numbers,
publicize the whole thing........we will become popular again..who knows?? looking at
our charity, we may even get big donations from some where " Rathy is all smiles.
Naren tries to impress his point and Aakash is categorical " that is your problem doctor,
just make sure that the surgery goes well, ok?"

Ezhil asadu vazhinjing time ( intha pOnnai thaanga mudiyalai ) Comes to naren's house
and naren kadupu adichifies " enna? Rathy ai pathi enga amma appa kitte semai
ya pOttu kuduthiya??" Ezhil is nonplussed but manages to recover - says that she only
spoke the truth and also she never demeaned Rathy - " I can not act or lie..!! IppO enna,
tell me what I should say to your parents....and I will do so" learns that Naren's parents have gone back. reminds naren about her sister's seat. Naren says that Rathy has refused
"but I will get her a seat some where. No repeated reminders please" Ezhil pOra pOkkule
shoots the passing shot " You are handsome even when u are angry " Naren has a smile
(athu sari flattery kku mayangatha aalu yaaru 😉)

Aarumagam asks for his son's discharge - the attending doctor says that he will discharge
only under protest " neither me nor this hospital is responsible if some thing goes wrong
to your son" Aarumugam tells his wife that Shanthi Nilayam is taking Murugan under their wings. The couple go to meet Rathy - profuse thanking happens - and the pushy mother wants to know if Murugan can take part in the finals ( uh huh....kozhandai pizhaikkarathe
 ithu kku thaana??)
Rathy says that he will again be singing...asks Ezhil to look after the formalities of admission etc.,

Freeze

eljay thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Update for Tues, April 12, 2011:

Hospital - a nurse is in Murugan's room, she says she is a big fan of his, mother starts telling her about his coming all the way to the finals.  Nurse tells mother to take him somewhere for some tests, mother praises the hospital for doing all the tests all over again.  Another nurse comes into the room, recognizes Murugan, then she goes and brings two more nurses - time for Show and Tell, obviously!  Mother does a bit of polambifying about how he came all the way to the finals and the first nurse tells her that there will always be other chances, which is more important, uyir or paatu?  Mom is silent as it sinks into her.  They ask Murugan to sing a song, and he obliges them.  Very good singing, by the way!  Who is this kid?  Is he really a winner of some reality show? 

Two or three minutes taken up in singing the song, Rathy comes there, goes into the room, scolds the nurses for looking for entertainment while they are supposed to be working and tells them to "get out".  When will our people learn to be polite?  I have seen such instances in real life also in India - people who think they know a lot and show off their language skills, but the language used is so rude.  She could easily have told them to just leave the room, there is no need to say "get out"!  After they leave, she tells the mother that this is a major surgery that is going to be performed on Murugan, and while she does not object to his singing for his own pleasure, she doesn't like his singing to be used for profit and for business.  Mother is silent again. 

Rathy is in her room.  Someone comes to see her to give an invitation for his daughter's wedding.  He wants to know when she is going to give her invitation, and she blushes (this girl is very pretty!)  and right then, Naren walks in.  He exchanges some jokes with this person, who gives him also an invitation.  Rathy looks at the date on the card, says she cannot come for the muhurtham as there is an important surgery on a patient called Murugan, so she will attend the reception the previous evening.  I am still trying to get used to the idea of a reception before the wedding, sort of like eating dessert before the actual meal!  Naren's face changes as she says this.  The person leaves after telling her to bring Naren with her to the reception.  After he has left, she asks Naren why he is quiet, is he having dreams of their wedding?  He tells her that he came there to talk to her about something else, but now he has something more important to talk about. 

Rathy is angry, she says she has decided to do the surgery herself, she is a trained surgeon, one of the leading surgeons in Chennai, though she may not be the best, and she is certainly capable of doing this one.  Naren tries to tell her that this is a complicated case, she thinks he doubts her capability.  He says he doesn't want any public recriminations if something goes wrong and she appears to be emotionally involved in this case, she thinks he is saying that because she is emotionally involved, she will do something careless and botch things up.  He tries to tell her that he is advising her not just as a colleague, but as her future husband, and that angers her further.  She is such a hot headed person, she is going to have so many problems in life if she continues like this!

She calls for her secretary, Ezhil, and Naren stands with his back to her, looking at the wall, when Ezhil comes in.  Ezhil, as usual, is quick to see that there is some problem, but Rathy dismisses her telling her to keep her calendar clear for the 24th, as she has an important surgery that day.  After Ezhil leaves, she tells Naren that he too can leave, in a rude tone.  Then she sits back and thinks of some lines by Bharathiyar.

Thodarum ....

eclat thumbnail
Wednesday - like Eljay's Tuesdays - Wednesdays are very auspicious for me!

Anaivarukkum iniya Kara varuda puththaaNdu nal vaazhththugaL...

Murugan listening to K.J.Yesudas singing Mahaganapathim... Rathy Bharathi giving some instructions to a nurse regarding Murugan's surgery.. stops to listen to the song, the nurse who takes her leave too stops on seeing Rathy appreciating the song.  She motions for the other nurses and ward boys who stand behind Rathy and watch her with smiles.  Rathy suddenly realises and turns to look at them, all of them disburse silently.  Rathy walks away - with a smile.   Goes to Murugan's room and watches him appreciating the song.  Makes small talk with him, Murugan now has a worry - if he will survive the operation.  Rathy boosts him with confidence, Murugan's parents arrive after meeting a Dr.Ramakrishnan.  His father says that he is worried because Dr.Ramakrishnan said it was a complicated surgery, n number of papers signed.  The mother says Murugan is their only child - they just want him alive.  Rathy Bharathi replies that it is a challenge which they are ready to face, that they can.

Vasu (Matron Viji's Son-In-Law) comes to meet Dr.Kalpana.  She wonders howcome his wife hasnt accompanied him, Vasu says he came to collect the report on the way back from work, he will bring his wife if necessary.  Dr.Kalpana hands him the report.  Vasu's hands are shaky.  Dr.K asks if he is very tensed about the report, goes through the report again.  First there is a call for Dr.Kalpana then for Vasu.  Vasu just turns off his mobile (should have been done before entering the hospital)  Now Vasu wants to know if the reports are normal, the doctor replies cant say exactly that.  The next question, who has problems is answered in mute by the doctor. 

Vasu returns home.  Vasanthi tells both can go to the doc.  Vasu says he has already collected the report - says they cant have children.  Vasanthi in tears... one of the reasons she did not want to consult a gynae was they would say something like this.  Atleast earlier they had hope, but now only the tag "maladi" would stay.  Vasu says the problem lies with him, she can boldly say so if anyone calls her barren.

Dr.Naren at the canteen having coffee - alone.  Ezhil comes in orders for coffee and is about to sit, when she spots Dr.Naren - decides to give him company(?)  Asks his permission to share the table.  Preludes such as can share certain things only with people close to one  happens... Naren just asks her to tell.. she says she doesnt have friends at all, only Dr.Naren is friendly with her.   She dusts something off Dr.Naren's shirt, says some ant.  Then goes on to tell about Bharat Vicky's visit, and because of her helping tendency did help him first even without knowing who he was.  Rathy Bharathi came and shouted, so Ezhil felt bad she complains (idhukku pEru pOttukudukardhu).  Naren says sorry. Ezhil appreciates the humaneness in him, says Dr.Rathy Bharathi doesnt have so much of manidhaabimaanam.  Also says that Dr.RB refused medical seat for her sister, Naren tries to say that her marks, Ezhil completes the sentence for him.  Adds Dr.RB of recent is always finding fault with her, scolding her... if that happens only with her or even with others. Asks Dr.Naren ungakittEyum appadiyaa... he just barks What!  She composes herself, feels maybe RB is jealous of her, because she is talking and is close with Naren.  Naren says RB is not of that type.. Each person's action or reaction could be due to various reasons, this question should be posed to Rathy herself.  Ezhil says never... she might be at the receiving end for that too.  Naren advices Ezhil, Rathy is also his boss, is not a good habit to talk bad of someone when they are not present... what if this was told to someone else and they tell Rathy about Ezhil.. There have been instances when she was appreciated but only the scolding is magnified, questions Ezhil - Why?  Never ever complain about Rathy to him , because he is Dr.Rathy's wellwisher.  Ezhil mennu muzhungi SBT look... Gets up saying sorry, she shared her thoughts thinking Dr.Naren was her well wisher.  He says he is , that is why he is explaining things to her.  She leaves saying she is relaxed and happy to have Dr.Naren as her well wisher.  Dr.Naren is thoughtful...

thodarum...
rojapoooo thumbnail
Monday 18/4/11 Episode No 47  Archives ' Copy

Viji is preoccupied - takes a file to the wrong person - what needs to go to
Mohan gets to Rathy. Rathy senses her restlessness and asks " what is bothering
 you?" Viji says that her daughter Vasanthi can not beget children " avar romba
nalla mappillai , I did not accept him so long..  I have even ridiculed him many times
...and now this...both Vasanthi and Vaasu look so dejected knowing that there is
no more hope and I just can not bear to see them so lost !! " Rathy says that there
is a life beyond kids " what if she can not bear kids??/ There are so many alternatives, surrogacy, adoption..to name a few ( thank God Rathi is not talking about a 2nd
marriage and Roja hopes that KB will not fall prey to the usual Tamizh serials formula )
Ask her to think about all that  and make the most of her life " Viji thanks Rathi and
looks more composed " being a nurse, I should have known but I could not think
of all this as this gets too personal. I will go and tell them all this today itself "

Viji with her daughter at home - Vasanthi is sitting in the dark , looks all in Viji starts
consoling " It is not such a big issue . When Sumathi died, you consoled me saying
 that life should go on. Same thing applies to you too...thats why I wanted you to get
a check up. Now that this is the verdict, develop other interests and get on with life "
(awww, Rathy sOnna options pathi sOlli console pannuveenga nnu paartha ??!!) Vasanthi says that she and Vaasu can live with out a kid " but the report could have said that it is my lacuna and not his. The way he cringes with this fact makes me really sad " Viji stops Vasanthi " Mappillai is carrying the cross so that you won't feel bad. Actually it is your uterus which has a problem.  He is fine. Evvalavu nalla manasu avarukku?? Ipdi Oru hubby kidaikka nee romba punniyam panniyirukke.." Vasanthi cries some more ( God, please don't
make her think about a second channel KB sir, pleaseeeee)

Surgery day for Murugan. Murugan's mother is worried that Rathi is the surgeon "vera
periya doctor ai vittu panna sOlla Koodatha??" Aarumugam says that so far things
have been happening well " She saw our appeal and decided to take Murugan under her wings....athu pOle surgery um nalla nadakkum " The father who normally prays in the
hospital comes, learns about the surgery....tells the parents that Rathi never fails in her surgeries, prays for Murugan and leaves. Naren comes and wishes Rathi all the best
 but she gets on the impulsive mode - shouts at him saying that she will do well even
 with out his best of luck " you were  not keen about me doing this, right?? IppO enna, wishing??" Naren says that it was his opinion and now that she has taken a decision
wants to wish her ( Intha trait is kind of immature. In front Naren, she always jumps -
paise pEraatha issue kku kooda !!)
Surgery starts.....

Freeze

eclat thumbnail
Tuesday - Eljay's booking

Thanks for the booking, eclat!

Update for Tuesday, Apr 19, 2011:

Surgery is going on - surgeon getting instruments, readings on some machine, light goes out!  The three surgeons go to the next room and then one tells Rathy - Congrats!  You did a great job!  (And here my heart nearly stopped, thinking the patient had died or something!)  They congratulate her, and then she is shown walking into Naren's room, he is not there, she goes somewhere else, her Periappa is there (and I am still wondering why she hasn't talked to Murugan's parents - does this practice not exist in India?).  Periappa congratulates her, she is looking for someone, Periappa asks if she is looking for Naren, and says he has gone somewhere.  She looks somewhat disappointed and leaves.  She tells Ezhil she doesn't want to be disturbed and enters her room, to be greeted by a bouquet, held out by a pair of hands - Naren's, of course!  She accepts them, then apologizes for her harsh behavior earlier, says he motivated her and thanks him.  He tells her not to apologize, he acted like a husband should, and advised her. 

Murugan's parents come there, want to see Rathy.  Ezhil hesitates, then calls Rathy, who is curt but changes her mind when she finds out that Murugan's parents are there.  They go in and Murugan's mom tells her about her fears and doubts whether Rathy could do the job, she apologizes for having had such doubts and offers her amman koil prasadam, and falls at her feet, while M's father tries to hustle her out so that Rathy can rest.  Finally, she blesses Rathy saying she will get married soon.  After they leave, Rathy and Naren exchange loving glances.

Ezhil eating with her dad, it seems her sister has joined a Home Science college in Coimbatore but hasn't called or spoken to Ezhil.  Dad explains that she was angry over not getting a seat in Med. college, since she had told all her friends that she was going to join Med. College on the strength of her sister's assurances.  Ezhil thinks of all the times Rathy has shouted at her, she remembers Rathy's brother saying she is much better at running the place than Rathy, and feels she has been stabbed in the back by Rathy, so she goes to work, writes out a resignation letter and leaves it on Rathy's desk in her room.

Late at night, Ezhil's dad is anxiously waiting for her, she comes home late and he wants to know why she is so late.  She tells him she has taken revenge on Rathy by resigning and now Rathy will have a rude shock in the morning.  She will no longer have Ezhil to do everything for her.  Dad is disappointed and tells her to look at it impartially and see her decision was wrong, her sister had low marks, had she been in Rathy's position, what would she have done?  He says he has worked for the Electricity Department for 30 years and till now, no one has accused him of any wrong doing.  He says Ezhil has done the wrong thing, and it is better if she goes in the morning and takes back her resignation letter before Rathy goes to work.  Ezhil is thinking ....

Thodarum ...
eclat thumbnail

Wednesday - 20th April 2011

Ezhil coming early to the hospital, the ayah who is sweeping asks her how come so early?  She replies that she has some work, goes into RB's room to find Rathi already at work on her computer.😆  RB looks at her, asks how come so early, no ID and not even a good morning.  If she did not expect RB to be there.  Ezhil mennu muzhungi tells some cock and bull story of her sister to be admitted with some computer school, admission got over early, so she came direct to work. Asks RB, who tells she came because of some emergency.  RB tells her to go and do her work.  Ezhil looks around for her resignation letter.  Then tells that usually she would clean RB's room before her arrival, but since today RB is early, Ezhil would arrange only the files.  RB okays.  Ezhil searches for the letter in the pretext of arranging them.  Doesnt find it.  All tensed.  Perumal enters and says he kept that over there in the right place.  RB says what that where?  He then tells he kept the file in the record room, RB wonders where he had actually left it, Perumal then hands over an envelope that fell out of the file.  RB asks Ezhil to collect it. Ezhil is relieved on receiving the envelope.   RB asks what is it. Asks Ezhil to open.  Ezhil opens the envelope, doesnt take the letter out, but says some patient record which she will file later.  RB who is working on the computer, tells her to go.  (Maybe RB did read that letter!)

Ezhil heaves a sigh on reaching her chair / cabin.  Opens the envelope to find some company invoice.  Wonders where her resignation letter went. The ayah comes with a glass of water, leaves on Ezhil's table, asks for a help.  Her niece who has got  degree needs some work.  Ezhil asks if she is asking for her job (paavam andha ayahvukku enna theriyum un kashtam), then says she will look into it.    Ezhil gets a call from Dr.Naren, asking her to come to his room.  She goes to his room in a jiffy, he praises her , asks if RB has given her some work or has she come early too.  Ezhil says she hasnt given any work, but RB is at work herself.  Naren says if all work like this, they would rock.  Then wants to clarify if someone had given in their resignation the day before would they come to work the next day.  What title to give to such a person who is dutybound.  Ezhil has RP's fav SBT look. Naren says Ezhilarasinu title okay?  Ezhil asks if RB already discussed this with him?  He says yes, and also has asked him to look for a probable candidate.  Ezhil says RB never discussed this with her.  Maybe she did not want to replies Naren or maybe once the HR dept sends the settlement cheque she would. Why this sudden resignation, if she has got a better job elsewhere...

She says no job elsewhere.  Naren then questions if she doesnt have job satisfaction.  She says she loves her job, Naren adjoinder - appo Rathiya pidikkala.  Ezhil gulps.  Of recent Ezhil has been complaining about RB. He did not expect this complaint to lead to her resignation.  Ezhil in tears.  Naren says it is natural to be emotionally tied to the job, so her tears are valid.  Or are you repenting for your action he asks.  Ezhil's face turns bright.  Naren quotes thirukkural, eNNith thuNiga karmam, thuNindhapinn eNNuvam enbadhizhukku , was written only for the likes of her,  gives her the letter and tells Rathi does not know anything about it.  He had been to Rathi's room for a reference the earlier evening, saw this letter on the table (how can you open any letter that is lying on Rathi's table Dr.Naren - KB Sir - did not expect this from you!)  Praises Ezhil's capabilities.  SN needs her services, difficult to get another capable secretary for Rathi.  He wanted to call and convince her but she came to work and made it easy, tears the letter.  She is happy that he is her well wisher, leaves, returns and tells she is working only for him in that hospital.  (erumbu oora kallum karayum??) Naren wonders, smiles and calls her a crazy girl. 

Bharat Vicky on a Mumbai call, tells a Chopraji that he would be in Mumbai that night. Asks Shyamala to pack his bag for him. She asks why to Mumbai now?  He says to conquer Bollywood. Some Chopraji is impressed with his story, most likely that Vicky would settle there.  Shyamala can join him too.  She says not necessary to make that  Mumbai trip.  Then Akash will come and question the money spent, so will Rathi, then Rathi will act all holy and tell that Akash can deduct that from her salary.  Shyamala says maybe BV doesnt have VMSS, but she does.  His mother comes and asks what the commotion is about.  He tells of his chance, since should not use SN money, he wants Rs.50,000  from his mother as loan, in cash. Idhaan peththakadanO he quips.  Shyamala objects to her MIL loaning him the money.  But still amma lends money , says she will talk to Rathi. Shyamala refuses to pack (adhaanE let him pack his own bag - lazy fella) for his Mumbai trip because she is not for it.

Tells Shyamala not to discourage him.  Shyamala says how to trust and encourage him.  Until now all his actions have been only half baked.  No passion, ambition or steadiness she lists. He says Rathi's words have never pained him so much.  Asks her to go to her parents'.  Mummy comes and asks MB(BV) to stop this nonsense.  He says he doesnt want to live with someone who feels he is a fit for nothing.   He will get oscar in 2015 but will not say ellaa pugazhum iRaivanukkE, will say it all is to his wife for insulting him and made him a success.  She will come to him then, until then at her parents ' only.  He wants her out then and there, before he is back in an hour's time.  Mummy consoles Shyamala  but Shyamala says she will not come even if MB calls her. 

Rathi comes home early to find her nephew studying.  Appreciates him.  Mummy is surprised she is so early.  Says Rotary Club had called her, appreciated the hospital for their efforts in Murugan's case, gave a certificate.  Anni wanted to meet Murugan, they can do so the next day.  Wants to pass on the info to her aNNi, goes to Shyamala's room to find her packing.  Shyamala tells that MB does not want to live with her, with all her VMSS she is not ready to stay there, she is going to Bangalore - porandha veetukku.  RB asks for MB - he has already left for Mumbai.  Tells aNNi not to be hasty, will talk to him and make him ask sorry.  Meanwhile gets a call from Naren who calls her to the hospital, some ugly turn in Murugan's case.  She again requests Shyamala to be patient, tells them something cropped up in Murugan's case and leaves for the hospital.

thodarum...