Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

Addicted to showbiz

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 28 September 2004 at 7:35pm | IP Logged
Addicted to showbiz
Somashukla Sinha Walunjkar

Life as the 'other man' on television has been wonderful for Samir Soni. Samir, a graduate in Business Economics from the University State of California may have chosen an unconventional (he grew up in a family of bankers and doctors) but he knew pretty soon in life that he wanted to act. "I got my degrees to appease my parents who hung their head for a year when I was a struggling actor," he says.

Well, thanks to Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, Samir's actually managed to grab eyeballs. Add to that another lead role in Saakshi and he's actually on a roll.

Samir's new big screen outing is Pamela Rooks' Dance Like A Man. "I play a devoted fianc who only wants to woo his lady's parents," he says. "Given my TV schedules, I am left with no time for films. Pamela has been a wonderful director and I've enjoyed doing Dance... but after that almost blink-and-you-miss-me act in Rajkumar Santoshi's China Gate, I am a bit wary about what I do."

Samir, who hit the headlines recently as the late Nafisa Joseph's ex-love, admits that after a broken marriage (to model Rajyalaksmi) he has no time for love in life. "I work 16 to 17 hours at a stretch and sometimes I'm lucky to get a day off after working for a month without break. If I were to get into a relationship I'd have to commit more time to it. I'd rather be serious about one thing at one time: now television demands all my time."

Before you dismiss Samir as a typical workaholic, the true-blue Mumbaikar confesses that he is also a major bookworm who carries books to shoots. He is trying to start a fitness regime, has learnt to give up caffeine and junk food. "A few years from now maybe someone will give me a great role in films. Until then I am content with life." Amen!

kanchi Goldie
kanchi
kanchi

Posted: 28 September 2004 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
He sure LOOKING HOT...........
ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 28 September 2004 at 7:43pm | IP Logged
so he is kanchi...so he is......any more and I will be drooling all over my monitor.....thnx for the article.....
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 29 September 2004 at 3:23am | IP Logged

Thanks kanchi!

he is also a major bookworm who carries books to shoots.

He sounds like my soulmate. LOL

sabeena Groupbie
sabeena
sabeena

Posted: 29 September 2004 at 4:25am | IP Logged
hi i m new member can more about this site
Morgoth IF-Rockerz
Morgoth
Morgoth

Posted: 29 September 2004 at 5:52am | IP Logged

Welcome to the forum, Sabeena!

Well, this is a place where you can get updates of many serials like Jassi, KKusum, Ayushmaan, YMLH, KSBKBT, etc. Also, you can participate in the discussions which take place and meet ppl from all over the world.

Hope you have fun!Smile

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 29 September 2004 at 11:20am | IP Logged
welcome sabeena.....all I can say abt this site is that its a fun forum .......enjoyHug
humanyst Newbie
humanyst
humanyst

Posted: 29 September 2004 at 2:06pm | IP Logged

Thanks Kanchi.

Good photo of Sameer..(laugh lines i.e the lines at the sides of his mouth aren't visible in this one) but he looks really suave and charismatic with the rimless specs Smile

Go to top