sur001 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago

weekend is really boaring ...........so I started this Discussion thread..........

We all are fond of our parents ......especially our mother......the relation between mother and child is really unique and the most beautiful relation......why only children some of you are proud mothers also.....having your life......your children.......so you can tell better about this relation as you have been to both the phases......getting a life and giving birth to a life

.....discuss your views on the relation between a mother and her children......as the leads of our favourite show ..........really love their Ammas.....so its our time to tell what we feel on it........
                      Guddu and Runjhun......both have no similarities but only thing which is common is their unconditional love for their Ammas........they can do anything for their Ammas........So either your views on this beautiful relation or from Gunjhuns view......you can discuss your thoughts...........or from both....yours and their views ......you can tell...........

So guys..........lets start............HOPE YOU WILL ENJOY.........

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

edabella thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I unfortuntaely, don't have a good relationship w/my mom & it's been like this for around the past 14 years.  My mom was abusive towards me, both verbally & physically.  She didn't raise me w/much affection at all.  Even after she would abuse me, she usually would never apologize & seeing me cry wouldn't phase her.  She herself was a messed up person though.  At the time she was quite abusive towards me, she was grumpy, depressed, & suicidal.  I remember saving her a few times from physically hurting herself.  My dad was abusive towards her.  My amma (my mom's mother) suggested I call the police on her & my dad (I'm not gonna get into my dad in this post).  She was quite protective of me & I was the first out of her 3 kids so I was the guinea pig & my mom had no experience w/raising a teenager before me.  Although I don't have a good relationship w/her, I do care about her.  I'm not completely blaming her for our bad relationship.  There have been times where I have not spoken to her well for example, of course this only started when I was around 20) Fortunately, she treats me a lot better now but I still don't feel comfortable opening up to her.  I'm so much more open w/my sister, cousins, & my friends than I am w/her.  One of the few times when we truly bond is when she is watching "Bhagonwali" w/me๐Ÿ˜ƒ.  I can kinda relate to Runjhun since like Runjhun, I wasn't raised w/much affection.  My nani, like Runjhun's nani would console me when she would see me get hurt and she showed more sympathy towards me than my parents.  I think it's soo sad how one's own family members can be so unwarm.  I know what this is like & Runjhun's mamas & mamis are like this towards her but they are evil towards her unlike my parents- I wouldn't say they're evil towards me although I have a few not so good aunts.  In fact one of them is evil & her name is Mithu which sounds so close to Mitho๐Ÿ˜†)  .  Not all families are loving & affectionate towards each other & like Runjhun's family, my family doesn't eat together at the table.   

I decided that I'm not gonna raise my kids (I don't have any kids.  I'm talkin' about my future) like how she raised me (I'm mainly thinkin' about how she raised me during my teenage years here).  God forbid that I end up havin' a bad relationship w/my kid.      
Edited by edabella - 13 years ago
lilly thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Sur Lovely post, Ma/ Mummy/ manji, No mater what you call her, lovely post
Mummy she was the first person who taught me the lesson on honesty   , her family had to leave Burma ( myanmar) she was a young girl  when the Japanese attacked and had to walk through the harsh jungles to enter India among adverse condition,  on the way several people died , her family  servant stole a diamond ring from a deceased person  and showed it to her her simple words were , soon this could happen to you and  someone will do the same , her servant ran back and placed the ring on the deceased person again.
She was married at the age of 14 could not study further , inspite of that her command in language was outstanding she could pick up any language , and was the first to correct our spellings and grammer ,she made sure for all of  us sibs  education was the first priority. All of us the boys and girls were raised alike there was  no difference .
 I was scared of mom when I was growing she taught me what was right and wrong, now i am glad she raised her hand and corrected me  when I needed to , i do remeber that she would be miserable after raising her hand and would be shedding tears. She never pushed us to work in the kitchen  education was more important, and felt when the time was right we would all learn. Hoevever once I reached my teans and later in life she was my beast friend I could tell her anythink under the roof and could share my joy and sorrows.I always felt that Ma and Pa were my god's in earth  I can go on and go on
My regret I was unable  to  tell mummy  how much she meant to me   , my mom is no more in this earth but I can still feel her around guiding me in  every step of my  life , I can still feel her presence  in every corner .
 Edabella I am so sorry to hear about your relationship with Mom, I do not want to pass any judgement , Sometimes in life there are circumstances which may affect human  beahviour , you did mention that she was suicidal and needed help, you do care about her and I am very sure she does care , about you I shall pray that both of you can bond together, sometimes we just need to let the past go and concentrate on making our  todays and future better,  a jaddu ki jappi for you
Edited by lilly - 13 years ago
LoveGuddu thumbnail
@ Edabella...I am sorry to hear about your relationship with your mother...
 I hope in time things will be like it should be...

I always had a wonderful relationship with my mother. We did had or fight sometimes ( you know when you are a teenager sometimes you think you now evertything ) ...but never big fight or something in that direction....We lived in the Netherlands so it was just my mother and me ( my grandmother & father, aunts & uncles lived in Curacao )...I think that that make our relationship bigger and stronger....I never felt like I could not talk to her about something...I could always go to her...she will listen and give me her advice....( I don't have any kind of relationship with my  father and I never had the feeling that I was missing something )

My mother always work hard to put my needs and education before her owns...she spoilt me a lot...I always got what I wanted and as soon as I started working ( of course after my education...because before that she would not hear of it )...It was my turn to spoilt her but not as a obligation just something I had to do....

My mother still live in The Netherlands and I for seven years now live in Curacao and I miss my mother everyday..I do have a younger sister now so she's keeping my mother busy ( otherwise I would never have left her alone )

My mother is everthing to me and my sister.....and I can not imagine not having her in my life....although she is far away from me...It is like she's with me everyday.....

So I do understand Runjhun and Guddu....trying to do what is best for their Amma...She's trying to get along with Guddu and making him into a good person to keep her Amma happy ( who is her mother figure ) and Guddu would do what every it takes to save his Amma and her happy to....

@ Sur...This is a good topic...you always have the best ideas...

shanak.hot thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
loved to hear about all of you, there are certain things in life where you just have to try to put everything in place. God keeps testing us and it will go on
I love my whole family and i can totally feel how Runjhun would have been feeling without a mom, my cousin she lost ehr mom when she was in grade 1, i saw what she has gone through...i live with my family and of course there has been times when we think we are right but we aren't.....my mom has obviously raised hands on me when i was a kid and that wa sof rthe good because if she wouldn't have done that i wouldn't have learned or understood anything, so i am happy for wahtever she did and is doing...Ma and Papa have been working very hard from the day my eldest sibling was born(we are 3 sisters), and they continue to do that, that is how a parents heart is they will always love their children even if they don't show it.......i love my Ma and Papa and my sisters............

lovely topic Sur, i want to hear from otehrs too but if they wouldn't wnat to share their persnal stories that's fine......but i totally believe that Parents are the Gods on earth and they can't be wrong.......

just always try to respect your parents that's all i can say because here in US i have seen kids who visit their parents once in a month and that too for money.........But everyone has a different belief and we are no one to change them......anyways great topic and loved to read your guys story, i am sorry i don't really have much to say but that's because i can't describe in words how much i love them!!!!
Edited by shanak.hot - 13 years ago
sur001 thumbnail
@ Edabella.....
felt sorry for  you.....but wanna say sumthing more or  less it will look like inteference in your personal life but cant resist myself........The way you described ,,Bella.....it seems your mother is in depression and she let out her frustration on you..........and now she has changed alot.....then you also try to forget those past memories....I know forgetting past especially the bitter one is more or less impossible......but give it a try and kick start your life with your mother in a new way...........I think she will surely support you......and you will get double of the affection.....that you had not got.......when you needed it........
All The Best๐Ÿ˜Š

Now,,,,the topic Mother.....I will write a little long because this word is my life......

My mother is my life.........We are like any normal mother and daughter but still our relation is special........My mother is a lady who suffered a lot but always given priority to her family and especially her kids...........She belonged to a normal Indian family where marriage was the first priority for a girl when compared to studies........She got married at the age of 17....when she got married my grandmother was not keeping well............my mother had to see everything.....so she was unable to continue her studies.........and yulp.....ther way mummy tells the story of her journey till now a serial can be made on it as it was having everything .....๐Ÿ˜†
                           My mom is a genuine person who can handle anything......None can tell she is not much educated as in everything she has her own unique style.......Everyone who knows her appreciates her for her qualities...........I am the most previleged child of my house as I am the youngest and  i was born after their 11th anniversary(thats why I think I am little lazy........My mother is a person who has grown up in family of conservatives thought and married to the family of samre mentality............but she is really different......she has provided us every freedom ofcourse in the boundaries..........She is more than mother a friend to me with whom I share everything.......She always says that if you are a mother than dont behave like a strict one ......do this........dont do this.......become a friend to your child ............he/ she will never hide anything from you...........
                     But with every con there is pros also.........She is not bad its just her love for cleanliness is more.........she wants to see everything to be in its proper place........If she will see things scattered than understand this is muy last day......She would have slapped me when I was little....really dont rememeber....she dont belives in hurting as she herself gets more hurt......
Ya ....there is a thing which I would like to mention when she handles a work and we dont complete it .............She starts her dialogues.......and I am her soft target๐Ÿ˜† as I dont cut her voice in beteween or return any irrespectful reply......My brother and sister also were not doing that but they were saying.................Ok........now just stop ..............your work will be done............which was hurting her......but now my sister understands howa  a mother feels as she herslf is a mother.......my poor bhanja he gets hard from her mother as he is very notorious.....and she feels really hard to handle him......

I can understand how much Guddu's  mother would have been longing for her in these years.........Last year my sister met with an accident.........coz of osteoporosis.........her bone had become hollow from inside and got broke.......that time her youngrer son was of one months........the elder one is 3 years old.......so he lived with his parents but the younger one lives with us...........He calls me and my mom ......mamma.......and not even recognizes my sister.........He is of one year now........so.....my Sis and BIL want him back.......we got really attached to him........now we dont want to give him back.......so in  my house only I am seeing two mothers longing ........my mom doesnt wanted to give him back from heart but prepparing herself for that day and my sis who wants her son desperately whom she has given birth.........but everything is in hands of destiny......as Doctor has said ...........she is still not well.......its God's grace that she can walk now.......Doc has advised him not to give much stress to her body.......and AArav(her younger son ) is more notorious than his elder brother ............so we have decided .............not to give him back untill he will know to take care of himself.........

I am witnessing the dilemma of my mother who pray for her daughter' s wellbeing on one side and loving her grandson more than a mother on other side.........she will be the most happy person ion this earth when she will hand him her son.......coz her daughter will be able to take care of her child and on the same day she will cry in pain for loosing her son........its the heart of mother ......for whom her first priority is her children.............
                     Thats why its said .......a good mother can never be a good wife.......as after she brings a life  in existence it becomes her heart.......she keeps her basby for nine months in her womb protecting from every evil....and when it comes to existence......she wants to protect him/her from every evil of society and in this thing .....she do whatever she feels right for her child ......beating or becoming friend or gives order..........
                     I am a  teenager but I can feel a little what a mother wold be feeling because of AArav.....I  was really very happy when he had called me mamma for first time.......when he falls,I feel pain....I always try not to get attached with him emotionally........coz I kno the more I will be attached ........the more I will be sad when he will leave us..........

Those who will read for them I wanna say.......please share your views.......I know words are less for describing this pious relation......I myself had thought many things to write but when I started ......I forgot everything ......just one thing came in my mind that my mother is my life and I cannot imaggine a life without her .............

Thanks for bearing me for so long๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Edited by sur001 - 13 years ago
LoveGuddu thumbnail

@ Sur....Very Beautiful....๐Ÿ‘

I have tears in my eyes....๐Ÿ˜ญ

Waw...the way you write....Damm...That's the first thing that come up in my mind right now....๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ 

sur001 thumbnail
@ Love Guddu
I am really sad     today.......... coz di took him away with her.......He wont return .........I am feeling hollow from inside.........So....I decided to make myself busy...........its another thing that I am unable to do anything as his sweet smile comes inftront of my eyes.................
Edited by sur001 - 13 years ago