Page   of 7
Page 5 Page 7

zhasan2

IF-Rockerz

zhasan2

Posted: 02 January 2006 at 3:22pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by Aparna_BD

Originally posted by mad_cap

While I agree with Vishesh's excellently compiled point of view, I would request all forum members not to bring up religion as a topic of debate.
What one's religious practice is, is strictly a matter of personal choice, and we should refrain from criticising it. It hardly maters if the person is a celebrity.
And talking of Hinduism, here is what its literal eaning is:
If we go by the original definition of the word Hindu, any one who lives in the subcontinent is a Hindu and whatever religion he or she practices is Hinduism. The word Hindu is a secular word and literally translated it means Indian and the word Hinduism denotes any religion or religions that are practiced by the multitude of people living in the land beyond the river Indus.

My sincere request to all of you as mad_cap mentioned . Please stop posting religous topics . So far in my post "please read before posting " i have just asked every one to be more tolerant in others beliefs and let it be a personal choice . Although i did not ban any one from discussing religon . But i am requesting all of you not to post a topic that will start a religous discussion . As some of you may have read some old posts got out of hand and make it tough for us people in the Development team to control.

oh, okay. sorry about that

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shahrukh-Muslim (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

sabz_m

Goldie

sabz_m

Posted: 04 January 2006 at 4:10pm | IP Logged
jus wana say somethin i think..its not up 2 us to decide if srk is a good muslim. its up to Allah (swt) to decide n judge him.

sowmyaa

IF-Dazzler

sowmyaa

Posted: 04 January 2006 at 7:06pm | IP Logged
Vishesh, very beautiful thoughts! It just reflect you as a good human being.

MonicA#1Actress

Goldie

MonicA#1Actress

Posted: 04 January 2006 at 8:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vishesh

Thanks Aparna,mad_cap,sosweet,dare_this_Devil,groovychick..and others.. i am relieved that i didn't hurt ppl's feelings, otherwise whenever talking abt religion i am afraid of hurting other's beliefs.

Hazel_girl, believe me there are lots of contradiction, abt idol-worshipping, how human was born, etc. But why to worry abt those, Every religion is being criticised for one or other issues, and every religion has some very good points too. The Basic intention of any Religion, Religious book is to make human'lives better. So better to concentrate on good things only.
Let's leave the study of comparison and contradictions to Academic people.

i have lots of religious books and other books, and i keep those in shelves of a Almirah, and really i never thought, that which is in upper shelf and which one is lower shelf.
And it doesn't matter, where one keeps books and in which condition, the Biggest Respect to any Book is, how much one believes in that book and Follows according to that book or thinks abt that book.

SRK is religious,less religious,more religious,unreligious,Atheist,just faking it..etc.. it doesn't matter much,  as long as he doesn't trouble others.

i like him becoz of his Acting, and in his real life too, some of his thoughts are amazing.

If i marry a girl of Religion 'x',, and if i put her book 'y' with my books..it will not hurt mybooks or me or my beliefs or God,  but it will surely make my wife to feel more happy. Smile

and i will surely love to ask "my God".. that does it hurt u or do u feel bad that  i put other books with ur books. ?

Wonderful! That was very nicely put! I luff youEmbarrassed !!!  SRK respects all religions and he doesn't believe one to be above the other, that's possibly why he treats them with the same manner!Smile

simrat91

IF-Dazzler

simrat91

Posted: 04 January 2006 at 11:19pm | IP Logged
Clap

Thanks Aparna,mad_cap,sosweet,dare_this_Devil,groovychick..and others.. i am relieved that i didn't hurt ppl's feelings, otherwise whenever talking abt religion i am afraid of hurting other's beliefs.

Hazel_girl, believe me there are lots of contradiction, abt idol-worshipping, how human was born, etc. But why to worry abt those, Every religion is being criticised for one or other issues, and every religion has some very good points too. The Basic intention of any Religion, Religious book is to make human'lives better. So better to concentrate on good things only.
Let's leave the study of comparison and contradictions to Academic people.

i have lots of religious books and other books, and i keep those in shelves of a Almirah, and really i never thought, that which is in upper shelf and which one is lower shelf.
And it doesn't matter, where one keeps books and in which condition, the Biggest Respect to any Book is, how much one believes in that book and Follows according to that book or thinks abt that book.

SRK is religious,less religious,more religious,unreligious,Atheist,just faking it..etc.. it doesn't matter much,  as long as he doesn't trouble others.

i like him becoz of his Acting, and in his real life too, some of his thoughts are amazing.

If i marry a girl of Religion 'x',, and if i put her book 'y' with my books..it will not hurt mybooks or me or my beliefs or God,  but it will surely make my wife to feel more happy. Smile

and i will surely love to ask "my God".. that does it hurt u or do u feel bad that  i put other books with ur books. ?

very very well saidClapClap

-SooSweet-

Goldie

-SooSweet-

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 1:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hazelgirl

hey zhasna2..
i understand ur points...
he is not real muslim.. u r right !
actually i didn't want to bring this thought here..but after reading so many views on this topic..i am just feeling to put my views abt this..

God help u all  LOL

some ppl deceive themselves, saying that..they respect all religion, they visit temples and church too.. and keep Gita and Bible together..
if one is Hindu then he simply can't believe in Bible..and vice versa..  Faith can't be divided like this. there are many contradiction in other religious books.. one say.. i am the only God, one say.. don't worship idol.. , every religious books says abt it;s own God..
if one really Faithfully believe in Gita or Bible or Quran..in any one book.. he can't believe in another one.. no matter what.
Bcoz one book declares other as false or contradicts many points
(some liberal religion are exception)
Shahrukh can't be a Real Muslim..
and i am not a Real Hindu, if i visited church any time..
Many time i found that, only some of some of my friends who say they respect every religion, go to temple,church,dargaah.. they are really worst..and have no faith at all. they just satisfy their Ego, that they are being very intelligent and very nice person. But don't fear the God..when cheating others,insulting others,and doing many wrong things.. Some of my elders who just believe in Hinduism, are better that they r afraid of God, and thinks that it is not good to do the wrong things.

if one just respects other religions..and thinks that..yes others are also God..and God is one.. tht is not only of me and urs.. then he is not real Hindu, real Muslim or anyone..,
He is man of his own 'special' religion..that is not hindu/muslim or christian etc..
Shahrukh is kind of that person.. he has his own 'special' religion.. and has Faith in that, we or he.. call him 'Muslim' bcoz we are accoustomed in dividing ppl in different groups of religion.., otherwise look closely and everyone has diffent views even in same religion.

following any religion or specially-crafted religion is good, if following it makes ur and urs fellow ppl life better. Even being an Athiest is good, if ur life becomes good and ur fellow ppl life better by this..
Why to worry abt which hell or heaven we will get, swarg of hindu,dojakh of muslims, or heaven of christian.., by following some basic rules of any popular religion..we can make our life as heaven here itself.. and if we will live n behave good here.. then every God of other religion will accept us in His heaven happily.. I always think of God as very very very very intelligent God.
if i followed my religion or specially crafed religion and did good for other and myself and made my life and others life better.. and if somehow..my religion is false, and my God doesn't exist. and someone's else religion was right..and his God exists.. i am sure That God will love me too.
God is such a sweet concept, that even if an Atheist will do good for some poor ppl...every God of other reilgion will bless him for that. Or even if there is only one God, He will too bless him for that.

i love God Smile 

very well but i dnt think any holy book contradicts any other book....and all holy books say the same thing in a diff way.....and we interpret these thing in more diff way...Tongue

Nicely put Vishesh.
I accept Holy books contradicts.If u read or go thro the entire books you will understand.I know Holy Bible it says idol worship is sin.But Hindu Mythology,we believe in idol worship.So if u r  a follower of Jesus Christ then you cant accept Hinduism.Simillarly Holy Bible says I am the only God.But Hinduism says several Gods.Shiva,Vishni.If u go in deep u will find several contradictions.
So a person being a Hindu how can he say i believe in Jesus christ or a christian how can he be a real christian if he goes to temple.
In my point of view all the religions teach us to be a very good Human being.Stic on your own religion and prove you are a good human.Most of the people dont follow any principles of their religion simply say i am christian i am Muslim i am hindu.Wherever you r you be loyal to it.

Willows

Willows

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 3:12am | IP Logged
Greetings;
I was reading this thread for a long time but resisted to put any views on it for it consist of very sensitive issue, i believe faith is something which is very personal and it is very scared if it is followed inside our homes, for once it comes out in the open, i believe the fanaticism within us comes out in the open whether consciously or sub consciously.

Every human being believes in god, whatever may be the religion; it is only when we state that we are Hindus or Jains and we worship lord Ganesha or lord mahavir that the issues arises.

I believe that god is one and he loves all and he resides in each one of us, we should avoid analyzing a particular person's religion and his actions and sit on a judgment.

syrene

Goldie

syrene

Posted: 05 January 2006 at 4:45am | IP Logged
u are what u believe in u'r heart u are. and i can be a slogan shouting fanatic or i can keep my faith as a personal and private matter. i dont believe in all the rituals and practices of my religion. but does that make me any less of a hindu? i think not. i know who exactly i am and where i am coming from, and since i am secure in my beliefs i dont need to flaunt it. i believe that the same principles apply to srk. if he wants to keep his faith a private matter while tolerating other relgions kudos to him. he is a good at what he does and is a good human being...and if that doesnt please God then nothing will.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top