Page 1 of 7

Page 1
Page   of 7
Page 2 Page 7

maankigeet4ever

IF-Rockerz

maankigeet4ever

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 12:55am | IP Logged
hey all...this idea came to me when i was going to university for my last exam while i was listening to Sam's Theme from New York...i was mentally writing this but i managed to get my exam done...LOL

Anywayz..this is short and simple for the most part but close to my heart...

Fate OS

She rushed at the fastest speed possible through the entrance of the mall. She was screwed; she was screwed for sure. Her best friend Pari, who she knew since childhood was getting engaged today and she was picking up her dress for the function merely hours before. She knew she still had a zillion things for the function. Her designer had the dress ready days ago, but no, Geet Handa specialized in doing things last minute so now she had to suffer.  She dashed towards her designer's shop.

He hated shopping; he absolutely without a doubt in the world hated the idea of shopping. But today Maan Singh Khurana was running to the mall to find a gift for his bratty sister's birthday. He would have arranged the gift earlier but unfortunately he forgot amidst his workaholic habits. So now he was running to the mall hoping to find a decent gift for his sister so she would spare his life.

Just then his cell phone started ringing, he stopped in his tracks to take the call. Seconds later, a small female body collided with his chest with force and she closed her eyes predicting a fall.  Without a thought, he brought his hands to her waist to steady her as she buried her face in his muscled chest. Slowly, she opened her eyes and moved her face to meet his eyes. It was like time stopped for them, all they could was stare in each other's eyes bound with a unknown connection. Two strangers staring at one another in a busy mall; that was perfectly normal or was it. Maan's cell phone ringing once again brought them out of their trance. They both stepped back creating distance between themselves

"I am so sorry. I should have been watching where I was going,", she hastily said as her face started coloring.

"No..No...It's alright, I should have been watching where I was going..", he said unable to say much more as he fought the temptation to stare into her hazel eyes.

"Thank you for saving me from falling,", she said with a sweet smile and this time Maan fought the temptation to stare her pink lips. Not trusting himself to say anything, he nodded to acknowledge her thanks.

Geet turned around to go her way when she felt her duppatta tighten against her neck. Oh my god, is he holding my duppatta to stop me ? she muttered to herself in shock. She turned to see the edge of her duppatta being stuck on his watch. And she thought this kinda stuff only happen in dramas and films. He glanced down, " Oh I am sorry. Let me get that out for you. You might want to step a little closer so you don't rip it.", he said. She nodded and stepped closer. She immediately regretted following his advice as she smelled his scent. It was intoxicating and Geet felt herself being drawn in. Good thing he managed to free her duppatta.

"Thank you", she said quickly as she grabbed her duppatta and literally ran inside the shop.  

Maan smiled to himself before entering the same shop suddenly looking forward to finding a gift. But his bubble burst when he couldn't find the beautiful stranger as he roamed in the shop trying to look casual. Then he saw her again standing outside the change room while a lady adjusted her dress. He kept hoping the lady would the hell out of the way so he could see her properly. After a few moments, the lady did move and he stared her simple beauty. She was wearing a pink lengha with blue and golden work; and she looked absolutely beautiful. She spun herself and laughed, as she adored herself. She smiled at the lady before going into the change room. He looked around as he anxiously waited from her to emerge from the change room.

Geet came out changed into her salwar suit anxious to get home when she saw the handsome stranger looking at dresses looking utterly confused. Clearly, the man didn't shop for girls on a daily basis. She wondered if he was buying a gift for his girlfriend and a unexpected pang on jealously hit. She purposely brushed it aside as he walked up to him. "Hi, umm..do you need some help?", she asked softly

He turned around trying to act surprised, "Oh hi, ya..I am trying to find a gift.", he said helplessly.

"For your girlfriend?", she asked before she could stop herself. She put her hand to her mouth when she realized what she had said.

Maan softly chuckled before he answered, "Actually No, it's for my sister. Do you mind helping me with this mess? Geet smiled and nodded. She roamed around Aarti's designs trying to pick a dress.

"So what does your sister like ? or what does she look like?", she asked hoping to get some help.

Maan ran a hand along his jaw as he tried to think of his sister's dressing sense, "Ummm..i think she likes the traditional with the modern touch..And umm...she wears purple a lot.", he said hesitantly.

Geet chuckled quietly to herself so he wouldn't hear. She walked around and picked out a outfit. "What about this? It's purple and it's a good mix of western and traditional. I would buy it for myself."

Maan grinned like a child with a  one sided smile and Geet couldn't help but smile back. "It's perfect. Thank you so much Miss---",he cut off when he realized he didn't even know her name.

"Geet, Geet Handa", she said as she held out her hand with he took immediately.

"Well, it's my pleasure to meet you Geet Handa and I don't know if you were planning to ask but I am Maan Singh Khurana", he said with a grin.

"I know", she said. When he looked at her with questioning eyes. "Oh come on..literally every girl in India know the famous business tycoon Mr. Maan Singh Khurana.", she said as a matter of fact.

"Well starters, you aren't every girl, you are special", he said before he could stop himself.

"Thank you.", she said as blush crept up to her face. "Well, I better get going or I am going to be late for my best friend's engagement. And I don't think I want to die this young."

Maan nodded but he knew he didn't want her to leave. He wanted to sit with her for hours and indulge in her. She walked off to the door when he suddenly realized that he could at least for her number so he could get in touch.

"Listen Geet", he called out as he started to walk towards her. She turned around with a smile when suddenly a deafening explosion sounded and seconds later bloody bodies were scattered around, glass, rubble and smoke everywhere...It was another bomb blast.

Sam's theme:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFHGOUz2t08 I i recommend you listen to it while you read the rest...

Maan struggled to open his eyes as he felt blood gushing out of his temple. He attempted to sit up as every fibre of his body cried out in pain. The horror of blood and countless bodies surrounded. He could taste the bile in his mouth as he saw the horrific site and shuttered . He suddenly thought of Geet and looked around wildly. He spotted her body a few feet away. He crawled at the fastest possible to her. Blood covered her once beautiful face. He touched her cheek in attempts to wake her but he knew it was useless. She was dead. He remember her words :"And I don't think I want to die this young." Now she was dead, an innocent person dead. He cradled her head in his lap and sobbed his heart out for a girl he never got to know.

That day along with Geet Handa dies hundreds of people. People who never got a chance to live their life with happiness, to find the happiness they deserved. But there were also hundreds like Maan Singh Khurana who lost someone who they could share their life. Bomb blasts in countries like India, Pakistan, ..etc continue kill innocent people who don't deserve to die. This was just a glance at the life of only two people which these bomb blasts affect.

Hope u liked my attempt..Do leave feedback by liking and commenting 

My writing on Maaneet 

http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1672197

Love,

Reya  <3 

Edited by maankigeet4ever - 02 May 2011 at 9:24pm

The following 88 member(s) liked the above post:

nams4inlwgeetHolynaHajra95Love_azaansmiley402hansasma1rostrajshree01maneet2aisha_1998NK4MSK.Naziaasmi123tellycrazygagsykasturi11sanjuleesheetalvasa-BeingAppy-sejal1986mons_mblondongirl95poojaaddissna004nonabebuYusLiz-Elfin-bhakbhartifanalu5123NihsonMSgayatrianaum91cutestarzbenazMahimaanits_memaaneetfanaticzoha25Escapistcool_gal17sara202-eiya-gurti30jazzerette$ara_$hachiraj_202Cutee999Dhara_srsusmitasanghita0000mishtypiya_Jyothi_--jiya--maaneetsangeleuphoricsonu4everkomlikaajennesha143Ash1991mrk-1princess_xainisanu3108ambbihakrati5soni4evaKrishnaluv94rupzloveuAanya.-Veritaserum-ZsterRoseSabmeratu.zaara2212preethiamillie_maaneetpickachuhinal_maaneetshah10mitzi11CrazzyBusysweet scorpiojanu_2006swetha10khwaishfanTyrogoldenmoonspvdSunShine_A

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "MG OS: Fate" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

euphoric

IF-Rockerz

euphoric

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 1:55am | IP Logged

Reya....

ClapClapClap

dealing with sensitive topic are never so easy... and i m amazed for u have done that!

maan and geet could have begun the journey to maneet then but all got lost... thy got no chance to do thtCry its sad how young ppl die without getting a chance to live, love and get loved in return!

u were so apt! i have los a friend in 1993 bombay blast... though i was too young then... some painful memories never leave u

so many dreams shatter with so many people leaving...

it is sad tht a handful of ppl resort to terror ways to get something tht would prctically benefit no one...

thanks fr the piece

Luv,
Sonia

Edited by euphoric - 10 April 2011 at 2:34pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

maankigeet4everpickachu

maankigeet4ever

IF-Rockerz

maankigeet4ever

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:01am | IP Logged
Originally posted by euphoric

r

me firstBig smile

reya will read and comment after RA updateEmbarrassed
LOL...ok sonia...me waiting for comment and RA update...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

euphoric

jazzerette

IF-Dazzler

jazzerette

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:09am | IP Logged
It was really sad....but well written...

maankigeet4ever

esha143

IF-Rockerz

esha143

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:12am | IP Logged
OMG......you are making me cry now Reya.....My mood became sad all of a sudden.....that was a really amazing OS......I was reading it in the impression that well their meeting is going all fine n nice n now what will they do to meet up with each other later n all that....but suddenly.....you changed everything.... its like the world turned up side down in an instant.....But what u said is so true....people who are innocent fie in blasts but along with them dies the hopes,dreams,aspirations,beautiful tomorrows and blissful futures of many others' who are related to them......and that is so terrible to even think of.....You really are some writer to express these feelings so wonderfully ClapClapClap.....

Edited by esha143 - 08 April 2011 at 2:18am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-eiya-Dhara_smaankigeet4ever

maaneetsangel

IF-Rockerz

maaneetsangel

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:37am | IP Logged
it was nice .. truly touching ... i cant agree more ... dont know when all dis is going to stop .... 

but good job .... 

thnx 4 d pm...

maankigeet4ever

zoha25

Goldie

zoha25

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:53am | IP Logged

dats sooo sad :(

maankigeet4ever

--jiya--

IF-Rockerz

--jiya--

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 3:04am | IP Logged
it was sad, but a horrifying truth of many lives...
you have written it well Reya (I guess tht's ur name)

~jiya~

maankigeet4ever

Post Reply New Post

Go to top