Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

lakshmi42

IF-Dazzler

lakshmi42

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:00am | IP Logged
I have made this topic for the clarification of a doubt. Lord Krishna had 16108 wives. But he never thought about marrying Radha. Does any one know why Lord Krishna didn't marry Radha. Is there any specific reason for this. In MS Jai Sree Krishna they always mentioned about a curse because of which Lord Krishna couldn't marry Radha. Is there something like that? Please do reply.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ritika06Urmila11.anishaa.Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Radha" in Mythological Masti forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lola610

IF-Rockerz

lola610

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
The curse referred to in both SK and JSK is found in the Brahmavaivarta Puraan as well as Rupa Goswam's LalitaMadhava... here is the latter's version of the story: http://vrindavana.wordpress.com/2006/09/07/radha-radhe-radharani-vrishabhanu-raval/

Edited by lola610 - 07 April 2011 at 5:24pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11lakshmi42.anishaa.Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 7:40pm | IP Logged
Yes, Radha and Krishna were cursed by Shridhama, and as a result could not marry on Earth. They had to suffer separation from each other much like Ram and Sita did.

But I too would like to know what explicitly is the curse. Neither SK nor JSK explained the story behind the curse and I could not find it anywhere online try as I might.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Urmila11Vishakha_Sakhi

Urmila11

Goldie

Urmila11

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 9:09pm | IP Logged
I think I know the story a little, it is in Brambha Vaivarta Puran, I will check it again & will post the story soon.

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

-SilverFlames-

IF-Rockerz

-SilverFlames-

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 2:33pm | IP Logged
I don't know how accurate this is but when I was watching Bramha Vishnu Mahesh, they showed a story with Narad and Shri Vishnu bhagwan. I can't remember exactly but what I can remember there was a curse of separation? 
Maybe that is something else. Can someone clarify that?  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 4:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Sanjana23_

I don't know how accurate this is but when I was watching Bramha Vishnu Mahesh, they showed a story with Narad and Shri Vishnu bhagwan. I can't remember exactly but what I can remember there was a curse of separation? 
Maybe that is something else. Can someone clarify that?  

I don't know how Narad ties into it, but the story behind Ram and Sita's separation has to do with Vishnu Bhagwaan getting cursed by Sage Bhrigu. All I know is that Vishnu was again cursed by Shridhama, and that became the cause factor for Krishna not marrying Radha. I would really like to know the story though if someone can find it.Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Vishakha_Sakhi

AishuHiBawari

IF-Rockerz

AishuHiBawari

Chidiya Ghar Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 5:52pm | IP Logged
We had a similar discussion before about this, although it might have been about a slightly different topic. Yes, Radha and Krishna were separated due to a curse that Radha had gotten from Shridhama. He was one of Shri Krishna's attendants, and while, in Goloka, Shri Krishna was with a Gopika and Radhaji wished to see him, he blocked her path. So she cursed him that he would be lowered to be born on Earth and then he cursed her that she would suffer the same and would have to separate from Krishna. It was something like that. I read about it quite a while back, so I don't remember it as well, but yeah.

Vishakha_Sakhi..RamKiJanaki..

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 8:14pm | IP Logged
Oh yeah, I remember you told me this story before, Aishu, thanks for retelling it. Do you remember where you read this story?

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.