Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

This is sad...

blughost91 Goldie
blughost91
blughost91

Joined: 19 April 2005
Posts: 1227

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
A couple of weeks ago, in front of my school, they were giving out mini-Bibles. Almost every kid took one, I did also since I'm christian. Later, I heard that some kids that took one were ripping pages out, throwing it in the trash, throwing it at people, and also taking the pages out and smoking weed with it. One boy I know who is of another religion tried to play catch with it.

I was just thinking that if I had the Quran or any other holy book in my hand I wouldn't do anything to harm it. I would treat it as if it was a Bible. It's called religious tolerance and respect. If you don't believe in it at least give respect towards people who do!

I just wanted to ask you if you saw someone doing this to your holy book what would you do? How would you react? Would you tell them something?

When I heard this happening to the Bible I really wanted to punch these people who were doing it, but then thought better of it, because I know that it would be against my religion.

SIMI

Please reply I would like to know what you think!!!! Oh, and also I didn't know where to post this, so if it isn't allowed here you can close it!!    

pyaari_puja IF-Sizzlerz
pyaari_puja
pyaari_puja

Joined: 18 October 2005
Posts: 24121

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
awww... im not christian but i noe abt other beliefs n thats rly mean 2 do that...
seema_17 IF-Rockerz
seema_17
seema_17

Joined: 17 December 2005
Posts: 5093

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 3:02pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blughost91

A couple of weeks ago, in front of my school, they were giving out mini-Bibles. Almost every kid took one, I did also since I'm christian. Later, I heard that some kids that took one were ripping pages out, throwing it in the trash, throwing it at people, and also taking the pages out and smoking weed with it. One boy I know who is of another religion tried to play catch with it.

I was just thinking that if I had the Quran or any other holy book in my hand I wouldn't do anything to harm it. I would treat it as if it was a Bible. It's called religious tolerance and respect. If you don't believe in it at least give respect towards people who do!

I just wanted to ask you if you saw someone doing this to your holy book what would you do? How would you react? Would you tell them something?

When I heard this happening to the Bible I really wanted to punch these people who were doing it, but then thought better of it, because I know that it would be against my religion.

SIMI

Please reply I would like to know what you think!!!! Oh, and also I didn't know where to post this, so if it isn't allowed here you can close it!!    

 

Hey simi,

I kno exactly how u feel... wat these ppl r doing is very wrong... i am not christian but whenever i see a religion being insulted whether it is hinduism or any other religion i get very upset... ppl shld learn to respect other cultures as they respect their own... whether they r monotheist or not this is something that shld be instilled in every child at a young age. even i would get upset at such behaviour and i would tell them off if not rudely then atleast politely i would try to get my point accross. when u did not tell them off because it would be against ur religion i really respect that as it shows how well cultured u r... but plzz next time if u see that do try to correct them... becuz obviously someone needs to tell those idiots! also i believe this is the right place to post such a thing...Smile

mkzara Goldie
mkzara
mkzara

Joined: 29 October 2005
Posts: 1818

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 4:29pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by blughost91

A couple of weeks ago, in front of my school, they were giving out mini-Bibles. Almost every kid took one, I did also since I'm christian. Later, I heard that some kids that took one were ripping pages out, throwing it in the trash, throwing it at people, and also taking the pages out and smoking weed with it. One boy I know who is of another religion tried to play catch with it.

I was just thinking that if I had the Quran or any other holy book in my hand I wouldn't do anything to harm it. I would treat it as if it was a Bible. It's called religious tolerance and respect. If you don't believe in it at least give respect towards people who do!

I just wanted to ask you if you saw someone doing this to your holy book what would you do? How would you react? Would you tell them something?

When I heard this happening to the Bible I really wanted to punch these people who were doing it, but then thought better of it, because I know that it would be against my religion.

SIMI

Please reply I would like to know what you think!!!! Oh, and also I didn't know where to post this, so if it isn't allowed here you can close it!!    

Simi i am sorry that some poeple did that. i am not christian but my mom always taught me that u should respect other's religions. i know it won't help much but some people were also giving out bibles in front of my school so and i saw some people throwing them out so i took some home and i put it in a high place with the Quran so it doesn't fall to the floor and get ripped or anything. i know it can't help much but i want u to know that i am really sorry ppl do that because i know if someone did that to my book the Quran i wud be really hurt so i cant see it happening to someone else's.

blughost91 Goldie
blughost91
blughost91

Joined: 19 April 2005
Posts: 1227

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 9:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Vishesh

Originally posted by blughost91

A couple of weeks ago, in front of my school, they were giving out mini-Bibles. Almost every kid took one, I did also since I'm christian. Later, I heard that some kids that took one were ripping pages out, throwing it in the trash, throwing it at people, and also taking the pages out and smoking weed with it. One boy I know who is of another religion tried to play catch with it. .....I just wanted to ask you if you saw someone doing this to your holy book what would you do? How would you react? Would you tell them something?


Hi ! ..u said 'Kids' why..Bible, even give them any books which they are not interested in..they will play with it.... and it is wrong to give kids Religious books... Teaching kids abt Religion is the job of Parents and guardian. Other outsider ppl shud not give my kids any religious books of any religion, without letting me know abt that.


another question..


if it is my book then i will get angry, but if they purchased it from any shop, i may scold them..that playing with any book is bad, and destroying books is also bad thing to do. better donate it to library or at least sell it to 'junkdealer'.


and if u wanted to stress on "religious".. then if someone burns religious books (if it is not some unique antique book).. i will not feel any anger towards him, though his image in my view will get a little damaged..


i am hindu, i like "Gita".. if someone purchase it, read it, didn;t like it, and burn it.. i have no problem with that. There is no harm to me, and there is nothing against "thoughts of Gita' .. But if someone misinterprets 'Gita' or does the wrong Translation..then i will feel hurt..and will try to mend that.


or if someone does something just for insulting purpose, then i mind it.


and abt me. i not only respect Bible,Gita,Kuran.. i respect other Autobiographies, Mathematics books, and poetry books etc . But i take special caution with Bible and Kuran, bcoz some other ppl are touchy abt those.



First of all, I absolutely do not agree with you. If someone took your Gita and burned it right in front of you wouldn't you want them to burn in hell or something??? It's called religious tolerance, if you don't believe in it at least give respect to those who do. What those people did was absolute ignorance, they didn't care about how it would affect other people. Not many people who were christian at my school would have reacted the way I did, some would have reacted violently. One of my friends was about to beat up some of the people who were a part of this. Now you tell me, what if someone smoked weed with the pages of the Gita? What would you do?? Isn't that disrespecting something holy??? If you believe in something really strongly would you be able to tolerate it's mockery??

SIMI Angry
hazelgirl IF-Rockerz
hazelgirl
hazelgirl

Joined: 25 June 2005
Posts: 5747

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 10:29pm | IP Logged
if anything of this sort happened in front me..then i wud look first at the age of the kid....
if that kid is very small i wud make that kid understand the reason and the correct way of handling not only this book but all books
and if this kid is a grown upo one has enough sense to understand then i wud scold first then know the reason behind it and tell him the same way to handle it.. Tongue
CuteFairy91 IF-Rockerz
CuteFairy91
CuteFairy91

Joined: 16 January 2005
Posts: 5425

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 10:38pm | IP Logged
First of all I agree wid everyone.

Originally posted by "Vishesh"


Hi ! ..u said 'Kids' why..Bible, even give them any books which they are not interested in..they will play with it.... and it is wrong to give kids Religious books... Teaching kids abt Religion is the job of Parents and guardian. Other outsider ppl shud not give my kids any religious books of any religion, without letting me know abt that.


I agree wid dat too. Cuz u cant give to ppl who dont really care abt it. N it is bad to hurt someone's belief. I mean like ripping the books pages datz really mean. N i think ppl shudnt do dat. But u shudnt give out books to ppl who dont really care abt it. N u cant force them.

But if they really wan tit n then they do dat then its really rude n mean of them. I am so sorri if I hurt anyonez feelings.


Aparna_BD IF-Dazzler
Aparna_BD
Aparna_BD

Joined: 01 July 2005
Posts: 4926

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 11:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by hazelgirl

if anything of this sort happened in front me..then i wud look first at the age of the kid....
if that kid is very small i wud make that kid understand the reason and the correct way of handling not only this book but all books
and if this kid is a grown upo one has enough sense to understand then i wud scold first then know the reason behind it and tell him the same way to handle it.. Tongue


Well said  !!ClapClap

Firstly i am not in favour of a) religon being preached in school ......as kids of all religons are there (unless Christainity is being preached in a Sunday School)
b) People trying to convert others on the ground that their religon is superior and people of other religons are heathens .  I say mind your own religon !!

Secondly - Respect every religon as much as you respect yours. When i was a kid in school in Chennai (Christian School) some Missionaries handed out Bibles - You have two choices a) Either refuse it and says its against your religon to accept it

OR
 b) If you've taken it treat it with reverence by keeping it with your holy book ( I did this , i kept in my home mandir).or donate it to a church !!  Even recently , ( i mentioned in a diffrent post ) a missionary rang my home door bell and handed over a Bible . I took it and again kept it with my Bhagwad Geeta . I would some day read it .( After i start reading my Srimad Bhagwad Geeta firstLOLLOL )

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index