Chat Clubs

*::.|Pakistan's [9th] Cricket Club|.::* (Page 6)

Post Reply New Post

Page 6 of 150

-SMay31-

IF-Sizzlerz

-SMay31-

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:40am | IP Logged

Razzaq, Kamran axed for West Indies ODIs and T20s

Abdul Razzaq and Kamran Akmal have been axed from Pakistan's combined ODI and Twenty20 squad for the upcoming tour of West Indies, while senior players Umar Gul and Younis Khan have been rested. Shahid Afridi remains in charge of the team that will feature a new wicketkeeper, Mohammad Salman. The Test squad will be named at a later date.

Kamran's wicketkeeping has been unreliable for long, most recently in Pakistan's World Cup game against New Zealand where he dropped centurion Ross Taylor three times, including twice within the first four runs he scored. Team coach Waqar Younis had hinted that it was time for a new wicketkeeper to be blooded, and Salman got the nod. With 103 first-class games to his name, the Karachi-born Salman, 29, has been on the fringes of selection for a while. In recent times, he had been overlooked in favour of Sarfraz Ahmed, Zulqarnain Haider and Adnan Akmal.

Razzaq had a quiet World Cup, when he did not complete his quota of 10 overs even once, and managed a single half-century. He was often given the new ball, but taken off after short opening spells to make way for Gul and the spinners. His batting was also wasted since he mostly came out to bat at No. 8. After the first couple of games, he had expressed a desire to play a larger part in Pakistan's World Cup campaign, but continued to play a peripheral role.

Left-hand opening batsman Taufeeq Umar, who recently worked his way back into the Test side, is another surprise inclusion for the shorter formats. Aizaz Cheema, the 31-year-old seamer who plays for Punjab, also received an unexpected call-up to replace Gul. Cheema has 221 wickets from 62 first-class matches, and will tussle for the new ball with Wahab Riaz, Tanvir Ahmed and Junaid Khan. Usman Salahuddin and Hammad Azam, youngsters who made an impression at the Under-19 level, also got the selector's nod for the tour.

The tour kicks off with a warm-up game from April 18, while the only Twenty20 will be played on April 21 in St Lucia. The five-match ODI series will begin on April 23, and the Test leg of the tour will commence on May 12.

Squad: Shahid Afridi (capt), Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shehzad, Taufeeq Umar, Usman Salahuddin, Misbah-ul-Haq, Asad Shafiq, Umar Akmal, Abdur Rehman, Saeed Ajmal, Tanvir Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Junaid Khan, Hammad Azam, Aizaz Cheema and Mohammad Salman (wk)

Reserves: Rameez Raja (jnr), Sadaf Hussain, Asif Zakir, Sohail Khan, Zulifqar Babar

Edited by -Sidra- - 06 April 2011 at 3:41am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

NatluS

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*::.|Pakistan's [9th] Cricket Club|.::* (Page 6)" in Chat Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

NatluS

NatluS

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by waniya_fatima

Originally posted by NatluS

Originally posted by -_AfridiMalik_-

no this is invites only!

m i invited na ??? LOL

nahiiiWink

see ur name at teh 1st pageLOL

nahi actually i m happy.. pehle mera naam nahi tha na .. bt now since we moved from FC to CC... tou ab naam agaya ...
@reeno: i liked the way u wrote BEWARE !! hahahaha... superb way to show powerLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

serendipity.

waniya_fatima

IF-Sizzlerz

waniya_fatima

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:48am | IP Logged

@Natlu,

chalo good if she has made u happy :P

btw in reserves i read sadaf hussain :O is he a boy or girl :P the name is confusing yara

NatluS

NatluS

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:49am | IP Logged

@Natlu,

btw in reserves i read sadaf hussain :O is he a boy or girl :P the name is confusing yara

i think girl....................

waniya_fatima

IF-Sizzlerz

waniya_fatima

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:52am | IP Logged

@Natlu,

i think girl....................

OuchLOL they have included girl in mens team????

NatluS

NatluS

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:54am | IP Logged
khana banane ke liy rakha hoga

waniya_fatima

IF-Sizzlerz

waniya_fatima

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 3:57am | IP Logged

i thought jharo poochay kay liye rakhaWinkLOLWinkLOL

NatluS

NatluS

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 4:01am | IP Logged

i thought jharo poochay kay liye rakhaLOL

nahi may be she can give them tricks how to play ... and PRAY ...

Post Reply New Post

Go to top