Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion
Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin General Discussion

The so called Love.... (Page 5)

ides IF-Dazzler
ides
ides

Posted: 18 February 2005 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jprasad

............. Armaan and Jassi and all their flaws are what make JJKN what it is.  I am not perfect and I have made mistakes, therefore I can't relate to Mr. Perfect (Purab).  He is welcome to live own world alone cuz there is not one of us who is perfect and flawless.

It never fails to amaze me how individuals who do not favour Purab still manage to find him FLAWLESS!!!!!!LOL

Purab to me is far from flawless.....were he flawless, he wouldnt have fallen for Jassi knowing that her heart yearned for another......were he flawless he wouldnt have let Jassi walk all over him time and time again......were he flawless, Purab would not have left Jassi with just a letter to explain his departure......so no, Purab is not FLAWLESS.....

but the thing is, since Armaan's character was turned so black, Purab's flaws seemed inconsequential in comparision......

and tell me how can Jassi be expected to forgive Armaan (for whom she positively turned upside down and inside out) for his lies and deception, and cant be expected to forgive Purab, whose only misendeavour was to leave her on the eve of her engagment after having been dragged thru hell and beyond....

....And dont tell me its love......unrequitted love is highly over rated......a person has to have absolutely 0% self respect to still slave after someone who has hurt her so.....

Sure, forgiveness is a virtue, if someone treated me like Armaan treated Jassi, and then showed remorse, I would forgive him.....but forgiveness does not necessarily mean that I would want to marry him after all that.....trust is a delicate thing, once broken, it always shows the crack......I wouldnt want to look over my shoulder at all times doubting my partner....that would be a gross injustice......and seems this is what happens in the sequel to BLF too.......

jprasad IF-Rockerz
jprasad
jprasad

Posted: 18 February 2005 at 9:42pm | IP Logged
....And dont tell me its love......unrequitted love is highly over rated......a
person has to have absolutely 0% self respect to still slave after someone
who has hurt her so.....

Thus, Purab should see the same of Jassi, he slaved over her, but he
found some respect for himself and left...and if he has any self respect he
would stay away from her as well.

"...and tell me how can Jassi be expected to forgive Armaan (for whom
she positively turned upside down and inside out) for his lies and
deception, and cant be expected to forgive Purab, whose only
misendeavour was to leave her on the eve of her engagment after having
been dragged thru hell and beyond...."

I wouldn't marry anyone who walked out on the eve of our engagement or
wedding as they would have humiliated my family and I. I wouldn't
forgive them for that either cuz they have humiliated the most important
people in my life. I can tolerate myself alone being degraded, but not my
family.

Anyway, I like the fairytale relationship between Jassi and Armaan and you
are right, people don't forgive as easily in real life, which is why Jassi and
Armaan's relationship is so special.

Regarding trust, I don't believe in trust. You can trust a person and they
can deceive you or you can never trust anyone and always be doubting.
Thus, I always play it safe...hope for the best and expect the worst.

nishi IF-Dazzler
nishi
nishi

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 5:37am | IP Logged

Originally posted by ides

Originally posted by jprasad

............. Armaan and Jassi and all their flaws are what make JJKN what it is.  I am not perfect and I have made mistakes, therefore I can't relate to Mr. Perfect (Purab).  He is welcome to live own world alone cuz there is not one of us who is perfect and flawless.

It never fails to amaze me how individuals who do not favour Purab still manage to find him FLAWLESS!!!!!!LOL

Purab to me is far from flawless.....were he flawless, he wouldnt have fallen for Jassi knowing that her heart yearned for another......were he flawless he wouldnt have let Jassi walk all over him time and time again......were he flawless, Purab would not have left Jassi with just a letter to explain his departure......so no, Purab is not FLAWLESS.....

but the thing is, since Armaan's character was turned so black, Purab's flaws seemed inconsequential in comparision......

and tell me how can Jassi be expected to forgive Armaan (for whom she positively turned upside down and inside out) for his lies and deception, and cant be expected to forgive Purab, whose only misendeavour was to leave her on the eve of her engagment after having been dragged thru hell and beyond....

....And dont tell me its love......unrequitted love is highly over rated......a person has to have absolutely 0% self respect to still slave after someone who has hurt her so.....

Sure, forgiveness is a virtue, if someone treated me like Armaan treated Jassi, and then showed remorse, I would forgive him.....but forgiveness does not necessarily mean that I would want to marry him after all that.....trust is a delicate thing, once broken, it always shows the crack......I wouldnt want to look over my shoulder at all times doubting my partner....that would be a gross injustice......and seems this is what happens in the sequel to BLF too.......

well said ideas !!!!!!!Clap Clap Clap

couldn't have said better !!!!!

well as far as Purab's departure only the writer's alone know why he left and dont you ppl think that many of us want to know the actual reason ?

well let us leave to jassi as to whom she wants to marry coz we cant change the story what the writers write !!!!! 

aniifuzz Groupbie
aniifuzz
aniifuzz

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 5:58am | IP Logged

Okay OKay, why are we so hell bent on believing that Purab is coming back to get together with Jassi?  I mean yes, at one stage of the show Purab was in love with her and she didn't return the feeling which is possibly why he walked out. So maybe this time his return isn't going to lead to another Purab-Armaan war, maybe his role is different this time? I know it sounds far fetched but, Jassi always saw and treated Purab as a friend, maybe this time around he'll act like one and help her out?

And about the flawless thing I agree with Ides, Purab is not perfect. NOBODY is flawless in this show. Thats the whole idea of it isn't it? That imperfection is perfecton. The whole reason Jassi is considered so unique is because she isn't perfect yet she's a wonderful person. The shows about being a good person,through our mistakes and imperfections. If we wanted flawless we'd be watching a crappy ekta serial where the heriones are forever looking gorgeous and always know what to say, how to act and never make mistakes.

aniifuzz Groupbie
aniifuzz
aniifuzz

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 6:16am | IP Logged

"Regarding trust, I don't believe in trust. You can trust a person and they
can deceive you or you can never trust anyone and always be doubting.
Thus, I always play it safe...hope for the best and expect the worst."

jprasad i loved everything else u said but how is it possible to not believe in trust? Isn't it an automatic thing? When you are growing up you are constantly trusting your parents will take care of you. When you marry you are trusting your husband/wife with your heart. When you have children you are trusting them with your reputation. How is it possible to not believe in trust and believe in hope when trust and hope can have such similar meanings?

Daisy Senior Member
Daisy
Daisy

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 7:36am | IP Logged
Anifuzz,
About Jprasad's Trust:

Have you observed Nature? Sometimes, when it is scorching hot, we have sudden showers. When it is expected to rain, we have famines. Trust is like NAture. We are expecting one thing, and the opposite happens. The fisherman who has just sailed into a sea....his family trusts him to come back with a meal..and the waves have swallowed him..

It's not that trust is always broken intentionally...it's something not in our hands.

Sorry for deviating from the topic, but Jprasad is right here:"Thus, I always play it safe...hope for the best and expect the worst."

When something happens when you don't want it too....that's what we call LIFE.

(really sorry for going off track, could'nt resist posting)
aniifuzz Groupbie
aniifuzz
aniifuzz

Posted: 19 February 2005 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

Daisy, i have to say that was beautifully written. Clap I wish i could write like u.

What i'm trying to say though, is that its not always possible for us to play it safe and not trust anyone. Trusting is a part of LIFE. If you dont trust anyone you would basically be a very paranoid and lonely person. But few of us are because we do trust. We trust on things without even realising it. This does not mean that this trust doesn't get broken, of course it does. That is, as Daisy mentioned, life. But we conquer it, we may not regain it but we do conquer it and trust other things. A prime example is Jassi. She trusted Armaan to the extent where it could be called blind faith and he broke it. She was heart broken but she recovered. She lost her trust in Armaan but that didn't stop her from losing belief in everyone. She still trusted others around her i.e Nandu.

SOrry for raving on so much. I just had to reply. Oh and Daisy thank you sooooo much for your updates. Dont know what i'd do without them. I read them over and over again!Tongue

Minnie IF-Rockerz
Minnie
Minnie

Posted: 21 February 2005 at 2:25am | IP Logged

Beautifully said everyoneClap.

Yes I too beleive trust is an integral part of human nature and if we trust no one,it would make our life hell.Having said that, I find jprasad's motto best in life,but for me not having or beleiving in trust has almost nothing to do with it. Well that is I suppose what individual perspective all about.For me,it's just a matter of being prepared for the worst.

As for Jassi not forgiving Purab,well why should she not forgive him? He did wrong but if he comes clean,I think it would just show the magnanimity of Jassi's heart.Purab was her friend and I think she was more hurt of being treated that way by Purab more as a friend than a fiance.She never loved him has been established more than once and it could not have been more clearer.So in fact it would be easier for her to forgive Purab and accept him back as a friend.And it's definitely more difficult for her to forgive Armaan.But then that is love all about.Those in love have forgiven far worse sins.

If you love a man for no matter what reason and love him beyond reason and get a chance to spend the rest of your life with him,especially with everyone's blessings,it's a concious choice  anyone who is in love would  simply go ahead and make it.Maybe you will always look over your shoulder,always doubt yourself and your love,but it is a risk you wouldn't even think about before taking because at that point it's not a risk at all,it is the fact  and perhaps the happiest moment of ur life.  whoever said love is perfect?. Love is called blind not for nothing.

Tell me something folks,honestly,leaving aside all whys and wherefores,if u get to choose between marriage for love and marriage for friendship,and both choices are fully supported by all and sundry( especially parents on all sides) and it's now entirely upto you to choose,what would you choose? Can friendship ever win over love in marriage?

Think about it.

Go to top