Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships
Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

India-Forums

Destiny in India...?

vidaboa Newbie
vidaboa
vidaboa

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 9:03pm | IP Logged
First, I'm new to this forum, so hello all.
I've had a vision since i was young to do some kind of social work in India.
The past few years I've been in refugee camps in different parts of the world and now wish to do some work in India. Since I've dedicated myself to other things, I haven't married yet.
But, I'm getting to the stage where I'd like to settle down. I'm 37 now.
In India, how possible is it to meet someone that is around very late 20s at the youngest and into the 30s that is not yet married? Stereotypically, women tend to marry young in India I presume. Though I guess this is changing and very dependent on area.
So what city/region am I most likely to meet someone in that age group that is single and that would not be averse to dating a western guy? Very broad question I know, but some advice would be hugely appreciated.
I am very sincere. My main motivation and priority is social work, but secondly, it'd also be nice to meet someone.
All I need to know is where best to put myself for social work. The rest will follow.
Thanks for reading!!

manpreet887 Groupbie
manpreet887
manpreet887

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Cities like Mumbai or even Delhi might be good? But I think you should try one of those matrimonial sites... the Indian ones, and hopefully you can meet someone off that and get to know them better and then decide from there on.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

hindu4lyf

vidaboa Newbie
vidaboa
vidaboa

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the reply manpreet887. Mumbai or Delhi might be a go. But I'm not really interested in dating or matrimonial sites. I'd rather leave it to fate. If it happens, it happens, if not, so be it. It's not my main priority in India, so I think I'll leave it in the lap of the gods...
  • Page 1 of 1

Go to top