Celebrity Fan Clubs

*God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar FC* - Happy Bday (Page 5)

Post Reply New Post

Page 5 of 26

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

ok first 3 posts updated :-)

its fantastic, i'll go thro the details soon..tqs a ton for ur efforts RaniBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutiepie Ranitomnjerry2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar FC* - Happy Bday (Page 5)" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 10:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by tomnjerry2

Originally posted by ladybird9

How many of u think Sachin shud get Bharat Ratna ??? Tongue

Keep---------------Smiling !!!Smile

Hmnnnn Good question TJgSmile I see no reason y he shudnt b given the highest honour when he has contributed so much 2 the game which is considered  more than religion tht brings the whole nation united as oneApprove....n makes us all so previleged and proud Big smile

bang on ji !!!  Tongue  And IMO it shud be unanimous choice with zero debate !!!! Tongue 
I mean come on wht else he will do make the country proud.. and every state in India find him being their !!!! hez the most loved person i would say with exception for sure !!! LOL

Keep-------------Smiling !!!! Smile

Tq u gSmile, we r a democratic country n i see no reason y they shudnt debate, but i'm confident, it wud b accepted by a gr8 majority, btw truth is I am  not aware how Bharat Ratna is conferredEmbarrassed

BTW I love ur msg 2 keep smiling in every post, I remeber u from forum games, esp OYE 1 by someone with Ash DP n then SIM with all numbers n u haan i cant stop LOL remembering the times with some ILU accept reject kind of game 2D'ohLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

tomnjerry2

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:31pm | IP Logged

Tq u gSmile, we r a democratic country n i see no reason y they shudnt debate, but i'm confident, it wud b accepted by a gr8 majority, btw truth is I am  not aware how Bharat Ratna is conferredEmbarrassed

BTW I love ur msg 2 keep smiling in every post, I remeber u from forum games, esp OYE 1 by someone with Ash DP n then SIM with all numbers n u haan i cant stop LOL remembering the times with some ILU accept reject kind of game 2D'ohLOL

welcum !!! Tongue u neva know with Indian poiliticians just to hav sum publicity they cn urge matter frm no wr !!! LOL And even i cnt say exactly..but i guess its given for fetching pride n honor for the country !!!! Tongue and sachin has brought it to the nation with his incredible game !!!!Tongue 

lol u used to be there..i dun remember thoh if u hav changed ur user id ?? Tongue LOL 

U r in tht game too it was funny... ROFL

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!! Smile

shivani9

AishMinoz

IF-Sizzlerz

AishMinoz

Posted: 06 April 2011 at 11:41pm | IP Logged
heyyy add me in.........
luv men in blue n sachin

Cutiepie Ranitomnjerry2

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 12:07am | IP Logged
Deepchand chose this name carefully. A name is very important in Hindu culture. The right one, it is believed, can lead a child to immortality. A name is a compass. It points a person in a specific direction.

Of his three children, Deepchand got to name two of them. The girl he called Sonia, after Sonia Gandhi, a politician, "an honest and powerful woman." He wants his girl to be like her. He wants his son to be like Sachin: strong, sincere, poised. Sachin represents so many things for Indians who aspire to a better future while not losing their past in the exchange. The name literally means "pure".

"He never behaves badly," says Rahul Bhattacharya, once a popular young writer on cricket, now a novelist, "which Indians find very appealing. He's not had scandals with women or drugs. He's the idol for our children."

Before Sachin, typical Indian cricketers took few risks. For the first hour, shots were deflected, frustrating the bowler, tiring him out, forcing him into mistakes, a perfect sporting ethos in a country known for vein-popping passive-aggressiveness. Sachin changed that. His style was new. He swung a thick bat, heavier than Indians had used before.

He wasn't passive-aggressive.

He was simply aggressive.

He played with respect, but he also played with power. A recent book, If Cricket Is a Religion, Sachin Is God, finds an important corollary to India's history in this. Before, because of a stagnant economy, nutrition was a problem. India couldn't outslug rivals. It needed spin bowlers and crafty batsmen. An inferiority complex developed. Despite his greatness, somewhere deep inside, Indian legend Sunil Gavaskar, who retired two years before Sachin debuted, seemed terribly insecure. After he became famous, he turned down a membership to London's exclusive Marylebone Cricket Club - the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of cricket - because, once, a guard there didn't recognise him. The slights burned until they became a part of him, his pilot light, defining both him and the nation he represented.

Sachin isn't from that India.

His international debut came a year before India opened up its economy. His rise mirrored India's early-90s rise, when foreign corporations arrived in India for the first time, accounts swelling with advertising dollars, looking around for a face. They found Sachin.

He was India's first modern sports star, a combination of Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan, because his rise mirrored a nation's economic rise, and he forever changed sports celebrity and marketing in India. Once, when an American company executive contacted his agent and wanted to understand what place Sachin held in Indian culture, the agent didn't quote the number of Test wins, or international centuries. He said, simply, that Sachin endorsed Audemars Piguet watches, and that the company made a model just for him. The executive was sold.

Sachin has been a star since he was a boy. Cops had to stand guard outside his 12th-grade exams. Despite the attention, he's remained dignified. There are no po*n stars. He grants few audiences. He is the man Indians count on when things are at their worst.

Two weeks after the Mumbai terrorist attacks, India's 9/11, with the country reeling, India played a Test match against England. Sachin anchored the match, his performance rising to meet the stakes of the day, scoring more than 100 runs without getting out, which would be like dropping 50 in the NBA Finals. A century, it's called. His success, which he dedicated to those suffering in his hometown, added to his legend. Over coffee one evening, his current agent asked me, essentially, if Derek Jeter had a Secret Service detail. He was completely serious. I laughed out loud. No, I told him. He seemed surprised. Everywhere Sachin goes, the government of India protects him.

He's a national treasure.

Now his career is nearing its end, and fans are left with beautiful memories, to be sure, but also questions.

What does Sachin's retirement mean for cricket?

What does it mean for India?

Read this is Amazing !!! Tongue

Keep----------------Smiling !!!Smile

shivani9Cutiepie Rani

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:23am | IP Logged

Deepchand chose this name carefully. A name is very important in Hindu culture. The right one, it is believed, can lead a child to immortality. A name is a compass. It points a person in a specific direction.

Of his three children, Deepchand got to name two of them. The girl he called Sonia, after Sonia Gandhi, a politician, "an honest and powerful woman." He wants his girl to be like her. He wants his son to be like Sachin: strong, sincere, poised. Sachin represents so many things for Indians who aspire to a better future while not losing their past in the exchange. The name literally means "pure".

"He never behaves badly," says Rahul Bhattacharya, once a popular young writer on cricket, now a novelist, "which Indians find very appealing. He's not had scandals with women or drugs. He's the idol for our children."

Before Sachin, typical Indian cricketers took few risks. For the first hour, shots were deflected, frustrating the bowler, tiring him out, forcing him into mistakes, a perfect sporting ethos in a country known for vein-popping passive-aggressiveness. Sachin changed that. His style was new. He swung a thick bat, heavier than Indians had used before.

He wasn't passive-aggressive.

He was simply aggressive.

He played with respect, but he also played with power. A recent book, If Cricket Is a Religion, Sachin Is God, finds an important corollary to India's history in this. Before, because of a stagnant economy, nutrition was a problem. India couldn't outslug rivals. It needed spin bowlers and crafty batsmen. An inferiority complex developed. Despite his greatness, somewhere deep inside, Indian legend Sunil Gavaskar, who retired two years before Sachin debuted, seemed terribly insecure. After he became famous, he turned down a membership to London's exclusive Marylebone Cricket Club - the Royal and Ancient Golf Club of cricket - because, once, a guard there didn't recognise him. The slights burned until they became a part of him, his pilot light, defining both him and the nation he represented.

Sachin isn't from that India.

His international debut came a year before India opened up its economy. His rise mirrored India's early-90s rise, when foreign corporations arrived in India for the first time, accounts swelling with advertising dollars, looking around for a face. They found Sachin.

He was India's first modern sports star, a combination of Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali and Michael Jordan, because his rise mirrored a nation's economic rise, and he forever changed sports celebrity and marketing in India. Once, when an American company executive contacted his agent and wanted to understand what place Sachin held in Indian culture, the agent didn't quote the number of Test wins, or international centuries. He said, simply, that Sachin endorsed Audemars Piguet watches, and that the company made a model just for him. The executive was sold.

Sachin has been a star since he was a boy. Cops had to stand guard outside his 12th-grade exams. Despite the attention, he's remained dignified. There are no po*n stars. He grants few audiences. He is the man Indians count on when things are at their worst.

Two weeks after the Mumbai terrorist attacks, India's 9/11, with the country reeling, India played a Test match against England. Sachin anchored the match, his performance rising to meet the stakes of the day, scoring more than 100 runs without getting out, which would be like dropping 50 in the NBA Finals. A century, it's called. His success, which he dedicated to those suffering in his hometown, added to his legend. Over coffee one evening, his current agent asked me, essentially, if Derek Jeter had a Secret Service detail. He was completely serious. I laughed out loud. No, I told him. He seemed surprised. Everywhere Sachin goes, the government of India protects him.

He's a national treasure.

Now his career is nearing its end, and fans are left with beautiful memories, to be sure, but also questions.

What does Sachin's retirement mean for cricket?

What does it mean for India?

Read this is Amazing !!! Tongue

Keep----------------Smiling !!!Smile

Lovely article, tqs for sharing GSmile
I was heartbroken and literally cried when i heard the news he was retiring after world cup and it was a 1st April prank by a dear friendShockedLOLLOL but i was very happy later 2 know it was a prank, honetsly i am not prep mentally 2 see him retireEmbarrassed he can still play in his own words latest,but i will never ever expect him 2 play against his own wishes 2Smile i think he needs 2 prep the whole nation b4 he breaks tht bad newsErmm

chalo Smile for ur persistent reqBig smile

tomnjerry2

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:28am | IP Logged

welcum !!! Tongue u neva know with Indian poiliticians just to hav sum publicity they cn urge matter frm no wr !!! LOL And even i cnt say exactly..but i guess its given for fetching pride n honor for the country !!!! Tongue and sachin has brought it to the nation with his incredible game !!!!Tongue 

lol u used to be there..i dun remember thoh if u hav changed ur user id ?? Tongue LOL 

U r in tht game too it was funny... ROFL

Keep-----------------Smiling !!!! Smile

hmmmn we can never guess their moves, they r ever so publicity hungry, i cant understand y they r so depsarate..Confused i mean if u do good wrk, it will speak a lot more than these stupid gimmicks, in any case i think ultimately Sachin will b conferred with the highest honour.

BTW yes i had 2 change my id its a long story, cut sort, someone thought i was a man and sent me a love letter and my friend laughed at me and in a haste i changed my idTongue.my previous id  was shivani109, i interacted on the forum games long ago n had gr fun in the games mentioned above and i remeber teasing u and u teasing me 2WinkLOLLOL
I was truly impressed by ur statement  'Keep-----------------Smiling !!!! Smile' at the end of every postBig smile

tomnjerry2

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 2:30am | IP Logged

Lovely article, tqs for sharing GSmile
I was heartbroken and literally cried when i heard the news he was retiring after world cup and it was a 1st April prank by a dear friendShockedLOLLOL but i was very happy later 2 know it was a prank, honetsly i am not prep mentally 2 see him retireEmbarrassed he can still play in his own words latest,but i will never ever expect him 2 play against his own wishes 2Smile i think he needs 2 prep the whole nation b4 he breaks tht bad newsErmm

chalo Smile for ur persistent reqBig smile

ur welcum..found in cricinfo !!!! Tongue LOL

not a good joke tht..i would hav ebatn if my frnd had did tht ...am very sensitive abt Tendulkar and hav been indulged into uncountable fyts bcoz of him !!!!!  LOL even am not..i cnt imagine Indian team without him !!! Shocked  He means cricket to me and whn he does NOT play series looses its charm for me !!! Tongue yeah i tink everyone wants to see him playing.. he is a joy to watch... !!! Tongue

u will hav to continue tht... my req is just not persistent but permanent !!!! LOL

Keep----------------Smiling!!!! Smile

Edited by tomnjerry2 - 07 April 2011 at 2:38am

shivani9

Post Reply New Post

Go to top