Page   of 26
Page 2 Page 26

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:25pm | IP Logged
SACHIN TENDULKAR - THE GOD OF CRICKET
*an exclusive fan club dedicated to the man himeslf*
*please note this is a fan club. non fans are not welcome. absolutely no bashing is allowed. only constructive criticism will be accepted.*

Beautiful Sachin Sigs made by Pimp! :-)

If anyone has any Sachin creations they wish to share and have posted on the first page please do let me know. :-)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Biography/Background

Sachin Tendulkar Biography

popular name of Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar

( 1973 ' )

(born April 24, 1973, Bombay [Mumbai], India) Indian professional cricket player, considered by many to be one of the greatest batsmen of all time. In 2005 he became the first cricketer to score 35 centuries (100 runs in a single innings) in Test (international) play.

Tendulkar was given his first bat when he was 11. As a 14-year-old, he used it to score 329 out of a world-record stand of 664 in a school match. A year later he scored a century on his first-class debut for Bombay (Mumbai), and at 16 years 205 days he became India's youngest Test cricketer, making his debut against Pakistan in Karachi in November 1989. When he was 18 he scored two centuries in Australia (148 in Sydney and 114 in Perth), and in 1994 he scored 179 against the West Indies. In August 1996, at age 23, Tendulkar was made captain of his country's team.

Although India was defeated in the semifinals of the 1996 World Cup, Tendulkar emerged as the tournament's top run scorer, with 523 runs. In 1997 he was chosen for the Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award, the highest award given to an Indian athlete, for his outstanding performance in the 1997'98 season. India was defeated by Australia in the 1999 World Cup, failing to advance past the round of six, and was soundly defeated by both Australia and South Africa in series later that year. In the 2003 World Cup, however, Tendulkar helped his team advance as far as the finals. Though India was again defeated by Australia, Tendulkar, who averaged 60.2, was named the man of the tournament.

Tendulkar made history in December 2005 when he scored his record-breaking 35th century in Test play against Sri Lanka. The feat was accomplished in a total of 125 Tests and allowed Tendulkar to surpass the prolific Indian run scorer Sunil Gavaskar. In June 2007 Tendulkar reached another major milestone when he became the first player to record 15,000 runs in one-day international (ODI) play, and in January 2010 he became the first batsman to score 13,000 runs in Test play. One month later he scored a historic "double century" in a contest against South Africa, becoming the first man in history to record 200 runs in a single innings of ODI play. Throughout his long career Tendulkar was consistently ranked among the game's best batsmen. He was often likened to Australia's Don Bradman in his single-minded dedication to scoring runs and the certainty of his strokeplay off both front and back foot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quotes on Tendulkar:

In terms of technique and compactness, Tendulkar is the best: Desmond Haynes.

I have watched a lot of Tendulkar and we have spoken to each other a lot. He has it in him to be among the very best: Sir Garfield Sobers.

He is 99.5 per cent perfect. I'd pay to see him: Viv Richards.

I saw him playing on television and was struck by his technique, so I asked my wife to come look at him. Now I never saw myself play, but I feel that this player is playing much the same as I used to play, and she looked at him on Television and said yes, there is a similarity between the two... his compactness, technique, stroke production... it all seemed to gel: Sir Donald Bradman.

Technically he stands out as the best because of his ability to increase the pace at will: David Boon.

There is no shame being beaten by such a great player, Sachin is perhaps only next to the Don: Steve Waugh.

Sachin is cricket's God: Barry Richards.

India's fortune will depend on how many runs the little champion scores. There is no doubt Tendulkar is the real thing: Sunil Gavaskar.

A complete batsman ' he's the best in the business: Mohinder Amarnath.

Sachin is an attacker. He has much more power than Sunny. He wants to be the one to set the pace. He has to be on top. That's the buzz about him: Jeff Thompson.

If I've to bowl to Sachin, I'll bowl with my helmet on. He hits the ball so hard: Dennis Lillee.

You take Don Bradman away and he is next up I reckon: Steve Waugh.

I'll be going to bed having nightmares of Sachin just running down the wicket and belting me back over the head for six. He was unstoppable. I don't think anyone, apart from Don Bradman, is in the same class as Sachin Tendulkar. He is just an amazing player: Shane Warne.

When it comes to judging the best among these fabulous band of batsmen, my vote goes to Tendulkar. He has an uncanny ability to come out on top under different circumstances and under different conditions, whether it is Test cricket or one-day internationals. And more importantly, he has done this so young: Shane Warne.

Don't bowl him bad balls, he hits the good ones for fours: Michael Kasprowicz.

Hell, if he had stayed, even at 11 an over he would have got it: Allan Border (after India won the Coca-Cola cup in Sharjah).

He is a perfectly balanced batsman and knows perfectly well when to attack and when to play defensive cricket. He has developed the ability to treat bowlers all over the world with contempt and can destroy any attack with utmost ease: Greg Chappell.

It's scary, where the hell do we bowl to him: Allan Border.

Yeah mate, but that's with all great players: Ian Chappell.

Imagine what he'll be like when he's 28: Allan Border.

I'd like to see him go out and bat one day with a stump. I tell you he'd do okay: Greg Chappell.

Sachin's better; Lara is more risky outside the off stump: Mark Waugh.

You have to decide for yourself whether you're bowling well or not. He's going to hit you for fours and sixes anyway. Kasprowicz has a superior story. During the Bangalore Test, frustrated, he went to Dennis Lillee and asked, "Mate, do you see any weaknesses?" Lillee replied, "No Michael, as long as you walk off with your pride that's all you can do: Shane Warne.

He's a phenomenon. We have to be switched on when he plays allow him no boundries, for then he doesn't stop: Mark Taylor.

Tendulkar is the most complete batsman I have stood behind. I saw the hundred in Perth on a bouncy pitch with Hughes, McDermott and Whitney gunning for him ' he only had 60-odd when No 11 came in. I've seen him against Warne too: Ian Healy.

Harder he works, the luckier he gets: Ian Chappell.

He has defined cricket in his fabulous, impeccable manner. He is to batting what Shane Warne is to bowling: Richie Benaud.

Sachin's the best. I've had this view since I saw him score that hundred in Sydney in 1992. He's the most composed batsman I've ever seen: Mike Coward.

He's better than Ben Hur: Paul Wilson.

The pressure on me is nothing as compared to Sachin Tendulkar. Sachin, like God, must never fail. The crowd always expects him to succeed and it is too much pressure on him: Mark Waugh.

I still think Tendulkar is the best batsmen in the world ahead of Steve Waugh and Lara: Glenn McGrath.

He is currently the best batsman in the world: Sir Gary Sobers.

There's no doubt about it. He is the best: Tony Grieg.

Technically, you can't fault Sachin. Seam or spin, fast or slow ' nothing is a problem: Geoffrey Boycott.

Sometime back I had written a piece that said that Sachin's the master and Lara a genius with his head high up somewhere. That's it: Peter Roebuck.

A little genius. Reminds me of Sunny Gavaskar: Kieth Fletcher.

He is Sachin Tendulkar. I hope he stays Sachin Tendulkar. We need a new player, a player in his own way. He has a technique which is the hallmark of a great player. Everything indicates that he will be a great player and I am sure he will prove me right. Reminds me of Barry Richards: Eddie Barlow.

Destined to be a great: Barry Richards.

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 23 April 2011 at 1:48pm

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

wanker-Komal-ScatteredCastleMysticalRealm--Rachna--shivani9-Destiny-safeplacetolandtomnjerry2Howlarious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "*God of Cricket Sachin Tendulkar FC* - Happy Bday" in Celebrity Fan Clubs forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged

His popularity has soared beyond great heights. Everyone who knows him only speaks praises of him. He has made a huge contribution in the world of cricket and he is the inspiration of many of young achievers out there all around the world.

We here at India Forums are recognizing the man himself by dedicating this fan club solely to him. There is a reason we all call him the God of Cricket. <3

*Sachin - ians: Devotees List
Sachin, we all love you! <3
Cutiepie Rani
--Rachna--
ladybird9
suchi_dev2006
tomnjerry2
-Untamed-
PimpJuice
tulipbaby53
-Destiny-
Klutsy_KaShian
aishwaryaaa
Ashlesha09
-Komal-
Angel-Pebby
Rishabhprerna
HiphopStahKiran

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 22 April 2011 at 9:47am

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

-Komal-ScatteredCastleAishMinozshivani9--Rachna--safeplacetolandtomnjerry2

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:26pm | IP Logged

As most of us already know, India won the WC 2011 on April 2nd.

Sachin on the win:

Part 1:

Part 2:

Each and everyone one of this team mates that were interviewd said that they won this for Sachin. I thought that was the sweetest thing ever. :-) Just shows the bonding of a team and the love and respect each player has for their senior.

congratulations sachin and team india! <3

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 06 April 2011 at 7:01pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ScatteredCastle--Rachna--shivani9safeplacetolandtomnjerry2

--Rachna--

IF-Sizzlerz

--Rachna--

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
I'm in Approve

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani9Cutiepie Ranisafeplacetolandtomnjerry2

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:49pm | IP Logged

ClapStarThumbs UpPartyDancingHeartWell done!!! Team India !!! Super Job !!!ClapStarThumbs UpPartyDancingHeart
HeartDancingHugClapParty

present to pagespresent to pages

present graphics of fireworkspresent graphics of fireworks

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers-11.jpg

present graphics of fireworkspresent graphics of fireworks

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers.jpg

love lovelove love

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers-4.jpg

fun boyfriendfun boyfriend

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers-111.jpg

digital stories to birthdaysdigital stories to birthdays

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers-8.jpg

MUDTRAP.COMMUDTRAP.COMMUDTRAP.COMMUDTRAP.COM
MUDTRAP.COM

http://1cric.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/India-ICC-Cricket-World-Champion-With-World-Cup-Trophy-Pictures-Photos-Celeberation-Wallpapers-6.jpg

find fireworksfind fireworksfind fireworks

Edited by ladybird9 - 05 April 2011 at 9:32pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ScatteredCastleCutiepie Ranisafeplacetolandtomnjerry2

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:53pm | IP Logged
Yayyy I'll add you Rach.

ladybird would you like to be added to his fan club as well?

i'll get the first 3 posts all updated by tomorrow!!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

--Rachna--shivani9tomnjerry2

shivani9

IF-Sizzlerz

shivani9

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 8:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cutiepie Rani

Yayyy I'll add you Rach.

ladybird would you like to be added to his fan club as well?

i'll get the first 3 posts all updated by tomorrow!!

ofcourse yeh bhi koi puchne ke baat haiAngryEmbarrassedLOLLOLLOLLOL kiddingTongue yes please, btw u can call me shivani..Big smile if i am not wrong u were on Indian Idol forum too cant remember whom u supported, but i was a strong supporter of Sreeram Embarrassed anyways...plzzz plzzz plzzz add me inBig smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cutiepie Ranitomnjerry2

Cutiepie Rani

IF-Stunnerz

Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 9:01pm | IP Logged
Will add you! :)

yes I was a part of II! Honestly wasn't a strong supporter of anyone, but the winner was deserving! I liked Shivam too! :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shivani9tomnjerry2

Post Reply New Post

Go to top