Who is The Real man in Gokuldham?

Poll

Tarak Mehta

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
Mrunal_Patel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Amongst the men of Gokuldham society, I see only two contenders for the title of 'Real Gentleman'
1. Sodhi
2. Tarak Mehta himself.

Following don't get high score here...

Popatlal=Not in his 7 lives.

Dr.Haati
Never seen him rising to the occassion and doing any Gentleman act.

Jetha
He is a short-tempered person, addicted to gambling, flirts with Babita, and ridicules Iyyer on every meeting at Soda shop.
He suffers at the hands of Daya, Tappu, Champak. So he is at best only a 'victim' and not a Gentleman.

Bhide
He gets scarred pretty easily, as seen during the  Goonda & Bhootni episodes.
Sometimes he tries to lurk in to enjoy the fighting in Jetha's family. Even his own wife and Sodhi had ridiculed him for his behavior of snooping in Jetha's private life.

Champak
For a control freak that he is and his habit of taking Tappu/Daya's side, even when they're at fault.

Iyyer:
Just like Dr.Haathi, I've never seen him rising to the occasion and doing any Gentleman act.

Abdul:
Always there trying to be helpful, but again same problem as Bhide: gets scarred pretty easily as seen during the arrival of various Goonda / Bhootni. Besides technically he is not a member of Gokuldham.

---------
Now among Tarak Mehta and Sodhi

Tarak:

No follies as such, except during the Gobachaari episode.
During the Tappu's child-marriage, he attended the reception although he himself admitted that he shouldn't have, because child-marriage is wrong but the Dosti of Jethalal won over his principles.

Sodhi:
He has got a 'righteous temper' he never tolerates any wrong thing. Ready to help anyone in need 24/7.
His only shortcoming: he is always trying to get an opportunity for 'party' behind his wife's back.

Edited by Mrunal_Patel - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

chick16. thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
although i luv jetha,,
after him i would surely vote for bhide!
he does hard work,, dress neatly,, spoke good,, is caring,, & mr.secretary! (responsible)
really like this guy! :)
Gentleman!
Dilwali89 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Jetha is hands down my favorite but Bhide is a true gentleman. He also helps with his wife with house work.
Ishan. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Oh there is no Taarak Mehta in the options ! U added Taarak's name in the poll question 😛 Anyways I voted for Bhide !
BeastInCarnage thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Tarak Mehta.. the cool , calm and sophisticated.
JayVed thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

I probably would not pull out every nitty-gritty details which Patel has pulled out. To me it gave an impression of sarcasm. I think whatever personalities Bhide (being afraid of Bhootne or whether he takes fights within Gada family lightly) and Jethalal (short-tempered ???) are just required to make the whole setup of the show charismatic. Only thing which I would not like is more of Jetha's flirting. Otherwise, I am more than 100% happy with every characteristic of all members.

There are different definitions of "Gentleman" (Source: thefreedictionary.com)

- A man of gentle or noble birth or superior social position
- A well-mannered and considerate man with high standards of proper behavior
- A man of independent means who does not need to have a wage-paying job
- A man regarded as having qualities of refinement associated with a good family
- A man who is cultured, courteous, and well-educated

Tarak Mehta suits all above.

Although I would call all GK's men as gentlemen. Why see anyone in a sarcastic way? Every man has a gentle element within...they manifest it in different ways.
Riyaa147 thumbnail
its definately Tarak Mehta!
Mrunal_Patel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ishan.

Oh there is no Taarak Mehta in the options ! U added Taarak's name in the poll question 😛 Anyways I voted for Bhide !

Sorry yaar, I forgot it.
For me it is Sodhi, never even once he backed away from the right path and was never afraid of anyone (But his wife).

@JayWed
May be the choice of word (Gentleman) is wrong, I rephrase: Who is the real man in GK?

Then of-course it'd be Sodhi the great.
-Vrinda- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
taarak mehta[lekak mahashay]
binie thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
voted for sodhi... though i love jetha like anything but for me sodhi deserv this title... bhide and tarak are equally good too but both of them are bit darpok never take stand same as sodhi do... so voted for sodhi oyee papaji 😆