Writers Corner

Come Tell-A-Story **CLOSED** (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 13

EBasso

IF-Rockerz

EBasso

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:16am | IP Logged
hmmmm interesting... can we use what we already have?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

spln

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Come Tell-A-Story **CLOSED** (Page 7)" in Writers Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by dtri

hmmmm interesting... can we use what we already have?

As long as its not published anywhere, yes you can =)

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:43pm | IP Logged
Just one question, so we HAVE to incorporate the excerpt in your story, or can we base our story around the excerpt? Like take the general idea of it? Thanks nj, sounds like an exciting challenge, and I think I'd like to participate :)

spln

Krani

IF-Dazzler

Krani

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 8:47pm | IP Logged
Oh, oh, and will you be able to post the stories the excerpts have been taken from? Would love to start reading these! After all the study pressure has lifted off, I am all in the mood to come back and start reading the amazing work here!

Thanks,
Sweety

Edited by sweetdamage - 19 April 2011 at 7:14pm

spln

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 17 April 2011 at 11:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sweetdamage

Just one question, so we HAVE to incorporate the excerpt in your story, or can we base our story around the excerpt? Like take the general idea of it? Thanks nj, sounds like an exciting challenge, and I think I'd like to participate :)

Hola Sweety!

Well so basically you use the excerpt (exact -verbatim) and spin your own story around it. You can take the story and its characters anywhere and anyway you want from the given excerpt - but use only one for one story.

Also, I don't have any stories that these excerpts are from, lol! I've just gotten the excerpts worked out, and
you guys get to write the surround tales!

Looking forward to your story telling sweety, missed it in the longest time and so glad to see you back!

cheers,
nj

Krani

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 11:37am | IP Logged
Hey there ! 

I really like the concept, and I wish to participate. I am not really a writer, but I can try, right...ermm??

And if I am allowed to participate, I have a question. 

Does my story really need to have your part of it? I mean, can I just not twist it totally around and do something else. Hmm?

spln

spln

IF-Sizzlerz

spln

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Arushi.

Hey there ! 

I really like the concept, and I wish to participate. I am not really a writer, but I can try, right...ermm??

And if I am allowed to participate, I have a question. 

Does my story really need to have your part of it? I mean, can I just not twist it totally around and do something else. Hmm?

Er, no.

I mean, yes, you
can participate. But you have to keep one of the excerpts. Do whatever you want to with it, but it should be used verbatim (barring the replacement of pronouns with proper nouns).

So yeh, tough luck being stuck with me mate. LOL

cheers,
nj

seert - 3rd person asking me if they could do without my excerpts - maybe you had a point...? Disapprove

Edited by spln - 19 April 2011 at 11:55am

Arushi.

Arushi.

IF-Rockerz

Arushi.

Posted: 19 April 2011 at 12:16pm | IP Logged
Ermm, okay NJ. 

I shall go back to bed and sleep then. Cause I just can't seem to work around something that's given to me. My mind can conjecture a million stories least related to what is needed. So oh well... :/

Ooohhh, I read in the instructions that we are to coax are favorite writers to participate. So what are you doing these days Nj? Hmm, maybe you could check this link out, and you know give it a shot? http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1653165 

Hehehe ROFL

spln

Post Reply New Post

Go to top