Page 1
Page   of 13
Page 2 Page 13

HeartEmWatson

Goldie

HeartEmWatson

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 9:02am | IP Logged

Sohail slams Afridi for comments against Indians

NEW DELHI: Former Pakistan skipper Aamir Sohail today slammed current captain Shahid Afridi for his comments that Indians are "not as large-hearted as Pakistanis", saying that the statement was "immaturish and untimely".

Afridi had said after reaching home following Pakistan's semifinal exit from the World Cup that it would be very difficult for Pakistanis to live with Indians or to have long-term relationship with them.

Sohail said Afridi should not have made these remarks just after the goodwill generated in the aftermatch of the India-Pakistan semifinal clash at Mohali and he should respect each individual.

"I think Afridi should not have made such comments. You got to respect every individual. His statement is kind of immaturish and at the same time untimely," Sohail said.

Afridi had also criticised Indian media for its "negative approach" but Sohail said media has a certain role to play.

"Look, media has a certain role to play. Media highlights the different aspects of an issue. For me, media is like a pain in body. You have to deal with media and find solutions in the relationship with it just like we consult doctors," he told 'Times Now'.

During a talk show in Pakistan after his side's loss to India, Afridi had said that Indians are not as large-hearted as Pakistanis while the Indian media has "negative approach".

"In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi had said.

"It is a very difficult thing for us to live with them (Indians) or to have long-term relationship with them. Nothing will come out of talks. See how many times in the past 60 years we have had friendship and then how many times things have gone bad," he said.

Asked about the Indian media's coverage of the Pakistani team during the semifinal on March 30, Afridi had said, "The Indian media has a very negative approach and very negative thoughts. The people may not be like that but I think the media had a very dirty role in spoiling relations between us and India.

"Our media, which is criticised by people, is hundred times better than theirs," he said.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/news-by-industry/et-cetera/new-article/articleshow/7865682.cms

Gotta admit, when I saw his friendly attitude during the match, I was filled with so much respect. Not sure if that respect exists anymore Ermm

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1sushii.aadri-Afflatus.Ishaan.Savvy-Doppelganger-Shivani_4usafeplacetoland-x-Reshu-x-tomnjerry2

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Sohail slams Afridi for comments against Indians" in Sports/Cricket forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Shivani_4u

IF-Sizzlerz

Shivani_4u

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:34am | IP Logged

LOLNo Comments...LOL

Bade Bade Desho me aisi choti choti batein Hoti Rhti haiLOL

Jst ignore him...LOLLOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

wankerSavvy-Doppelganger-AishMinoztomnjerry2

Savvy

IF-Rockerz

Savvy

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:40am | IP Logged
W*F man! Sounds like Afridi has lost his brains along with the match against India.  ROFL 

Ok now what cud be more pathetic than this statement - "In my opinion, if I have to tell the truth, they (Indians) will never have hearts like Muslims and Pakistanis. I don't think they have the large and clean hearts that Allah has given us," Afridi had said. Wacko

So does he think Hindus n Muslims have been created by different powers? ROFL

Good that he n his team lost...atleast we got to know how silly Afridi is!  His comments make me >>  ROFL

May God bless Afridi with sensibility! He needs it bigggg time! [LOL]

P.S. you only gave me a chance to bash you Shahid Afridi....next time se zara zubaan sambhal ke LOL

Edited by .Pepsi. - 04 April 2011 at 10:44am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

HeartEmWatsonAfflatus.MysticalRealm-SweetGirl-hindu4lyfParachute.safeplacetolandtomnjerry2

Savvy

IF-Rockerz

Savvy

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:46am | IP Logged
Aamir Sohail seems to be a wise man Approve

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealmhindu4lyfIshaan.

thousandmiles

IF-Dazzler

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ruky786

-Doppelganger-

IF-Rockerz

-Doppelganger-

Posted: 04 April 2011 at 10:39pm | IP Logged
LOLLOLNo comments on Afridi!
Sangakkara accepted the defeat gracefully in the spirit of true sportsmanship.This is why I like and respect him so much!

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

MysticalRealmAfflatus.Savvyhindu4lyfParachute.tomnjerry2

suchi_dev2006

Goldie

suchi_dev2006

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:09am | IP Logged

immature and foolish comments...and that from a captain of a nation.. may God bless him and wipe away the bitterness he has for his neighbour..

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

SavvyAishMinoztomnjerry2

tomnjerry2

IF-Addictz

tomnjerry2

Posted: 05 April 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged

So Afridi expected Indians will cheer n say boom boom for his team... childish !!!! LOL

After loosing to India  he said..hum India se itni nafrat kyun karte hai  n now this ?? Ermm

.... he even openly said when Tendulkar scores India looses... wht made him say tht i did not understand..... Confused the next day Sachin scored 85 n we won !!!! LOL

Learn to be graceful dude !!! :D

Keep--------------Smiling !!!! Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

cricketfan1suchi_dev2006HeartEmWatsonSavvy-Doppelganger-AishMinoz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top