Chandragupta's Macedonian wife (Page 3)

rinku4u IF-Dazzler
rinku4u
rinku4u

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 10:09am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Historylover

Wink[QUOTE=_Vrish_]Parina

[QUOTE=Historylover]Hello everyone!

Well, if she had any children, there had to be sum info abt him/her in history but as far as I know CGM had just one son named Bindusar. May be unfortunately, she didn't conceived.... that is just my guess. of course Chanakya didn't encourage him to have a harem because he respected women till the end of his life in form of mother, sister and daughter he used to address them as putri and maate......so definitely he wouldn't ask his shishya to do any wrong thing. But, in olden days kings used to have many wives just for alliances which is I think is quite sad Cry. and, chanakya was a mastermind politician so he used to tackle things in his own way. there are many Dant kathayein abt CGM so no one could say which one is true. 
I don't know how many wives CGM had, but all his wives were legally wedded that's for sure. There could be one more possibility that after marriage Helen's name was changed to Durdhara to give give an Indian touch. Chanakya made CGM married to Helen for the sake of Akhand Bharat, he must have thought that this marriage would be a peaceful solution from foreign invaders. After this marriage, CGM presented 500 war elephants to seleucas to fight Antagonas. And above all Helen wanted to live her whole life in India only. So, I think there is no problem in such alliances which bring so much happiness to everyone.Tongue  Afterall, Acharya Chanakya ka Mastishk hai ALL IS WELL hona hi chahiye.Wink

Well said , yeh ho sakta haiClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rocks.Vrish.Sinha18

Moner_Radio IF-Rockerz
Moner_Radio
Moner_Radio

Posted: 07 April 2011 at 11:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Historylover

Hello everyone!
I have been reading this forum since the starting of d show. i hav bcum a member of this forum just for this show. I felt gud to see so many intelligent people here and history lovers like me. Well, i thought of elaborating a few things about CGM's mecedonian wife. I read a book by Jay Shankar Prasad based on CGM & Chanakya. I think he is such a big name in the field of literature so he can't be wrong. Well, here are some facts according to that book:
  1. Helen/Carnellia/Roseanne ( she had many names just like Chanakya), was a very lovely and very intelligent Greek girl. She was very much in love with India and its culture. She used to stay in Greek shivir with his father selucus and study sanskrit, hindi, grammer, Indian classical music, history, geography, ramayan etc. this shows that she had no problem in India and its culture.
  2. CGM and her love was a love at first sight. They met before he killed Dhanand and became King of Magadh.
  3. Their marriage alliance was a plan of Chanakya as ek panth do kaaj. Bcoz, CGM got the love of his life with this alliance as well as many parts of Ariana and Kandhar as a marriage gift by Selukus.
  4. When he married Helen he was of the age b/w 18-20 not more than that. That was the last war of his life and later he ruled India for 16-20 yrs and died at the age of 42.
  5. I think he married Durdhara quite later as he had no successor for the throne. And, there was no description of Durdhara by Jay Shankar prasad till Cgm's war with Seleucus. That book ended on CGM and Helen's marriage, so I am quite confused on Durdhara.                                                                                         So, this is it. But, I hope that Sagar's show a good love story of these two characters which is still unknown to world.Smile  

thanx 4 dis gr8 piece of info & welcum 2 IF!!StarStar
Star
Historylover IF-Dazzler
Historylover
Historylover

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 5:41am | IP Logged
@ Polly
My pleasure.....Thanks for the Star Star Star starry welcome.Smile

Edited by Historylover - 08 April 2011 at 5:44am
Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 6:03am | IP Logged
Thnx History lover for this wonderful dataSmile
Historylover IF-Dazzler
Historylover
Historylover

Posted: 08 April 2011 at 12:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritu278

Thnx History lover for this wonderful dataSmile

Your welcomeSmile
Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 09 April 2011 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Originally posted by rinku4u

Originally posted by _Vrish_

Chandragupta married her 4-5 years b4 his death?  That I didn't know.  Also, towards the end of his life, Chandragupta embraced Jainism, so that must have been even harder on this queen.

So did Chandragupta have other wives?  I was always under the impression that he had only one - Selucus' daughter - and Bindusar was her son.  Or was Bindusar just a kid when he became king?

bindu sara was durdhara's son i am kind of sure of that . coz .. chanakya use to give a bit of poison everyday to CGM to make him immune to dat .without CGM's knowledge once Durdhara ate that food in 9th month of pregnancy. & she died . Chanakya saved her son  named him Bindu-sara ... as a drop of poison already touched himSmile& regarding this Macedonian wife , it was just a matrimonial alliance  between the kingdoms Smile

Ya....the marriage with Selucus daughter was just a matrimonial alliance but i dont know abt Durdhara....if there was love btwn Durdhara and CGM then Sagars will surely not miss itSmile...

Edited by Ritu278 - 09 April 2011 at 12:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rinku4u

Ritu278 Goldie
Ritu278
Ritu278

Posted: 09 April 2011 at 12:44am | IP Logged
If CGM and Helen's was love at first sight then dont expect it in the show coz the the sagars will make it long.....I can say this coz Prithviraj- Sanyogita's was also kinda love at first sight...but everyone(majority) know wat sagars had created in PRCTongue
RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 09 April 2011 at 3:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ritu278

If CGM and Helen's was love at first sight then dont expect it in the show coz the the sagars will make it long.....I can say this coz Prithviraj- Sanyogita's was also kinda love at first sight...but everyone(majority) know wat sagars had created in PRCTongue

i am agree with you ....sagars are just too much in case of changing story and history

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Ritu278tiny15

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index