Page 1 of 8

Page 1
Page   of 8
Page 2 Page 8

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 11:34pm | IP Logged
Okay, this is not from the show (as yet, maybe) but one of the things that happened historically was Chandragupta defeating Alexander's general Selucus Nikator, and marrying his daughter and exchanging gifts, etc.  I have no idea whether this was historically accurate, and whether Chandragupta had other wives.

I think a fascinating track would be if they were to show Chandragupta's marriage to Selucus' daughter, and a bit of their married life as well.  It would be interesting to see how a Macedonian woman of that time would embrace a husband and culture totally alien to her.  This would be pretty different from today, where it'd be no big deal, and all that is needed is some comprehension by both spouses of each others' cultures, but in the above case, this Macedonian princess would have to get used to a whole new slew of language, customs, rituals, et al.

I have no idea whether that's known, or whether they plan to show that, but if they did, it would be really interesting to watch.

The following 18 member(s) liked the above post:

anusfan0068emeliaKamalikaGmalwica2NandiniraizaadaRimi.Rimz-sia-vik rockssamirah23rinku4utalkie14megha01cjs369Moner_Radio-Prashu-tiny15Badtameez_DilRajinilicious

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Chandragupta's Macedonian wife" in Chandragupta Maurya forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rinku4u

IF-Dazzler

rinku4u

Posted: 31 March 2011 at 11:39pm | IP Logged
yess yess yess .. i was right .... its Seleucus's daughter ClapDancing

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.tiny15

RoseFairy

IF-Dazzler

RoseFairy

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:05am | IP Logged
ya i am also waiting for that story but i think if it will come then still it will come just before the show would end as this marriage happened omly 4-5 years before his death....but sagars might chng the history so let's see

vik rocks.Vrish.

.Vrish.

IF-Veteran Member

.Vrish.

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 12:56am | IP Logged
Chandragupta married her 4-5 years b4 his death?  That I didn't know.  Also, towards the end of his life, Chandragupta embraced Jainism, so that must have been even harder on this queen.

So did Chandragupta have other wives?  I was always under the impression that he had only one - Selucus' daughter - and Bindusar was her son.  Or was Bindusar just a kid when he became king?

vik rocksrinku4u

rinku4u

IF-Dazzler

rinku4u

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 1:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _Vrish_

Chandragupta married her 4-5 years b4 his death?  That I didn't know.  Also, towards the end of his life, Chandragupta embraced Jainism, so that must have been even harder on this queen.

So did Chandragupta have other wives?  I was always under the impression that he had only one - Selucus' daughter - and Bindusar was her son.  Or was Bindusar just a kid when he became king?

bindu sara was durdhara's son i am kind of sure of that . coz .. chanakya use to give a bit of poison everyday to CGM to make him immune to dat .without CGM's knowledge once Durdhara ate that food in 9th month of pregnancy. & she died . Chanakya saved her son  named him Bindu-sara ... as a drop of poison already touched himSmile

& regarding this Macedonian wife , it was just a matrimonial alliance  between the kingdoms Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

emeliaKamalikaGvik rockstalkie14tiny15Omshanti1111

...PARiNA...

IF-Rockerz

...PARiNA...

Posted: 01 April 2011 at 8:51am | IP Logged
nice to c u here vrish .. thanks for the info ..

Edited by ...PARiNA... - 01 April 2011 at 8:51am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rinku4u

Historylover

IF-Dazzler

Historylover

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 5:50am | IP Logged
Hello everyone!
I have been reading this forum since the starting of d show. i hav bcum a member of this forum just for this show. I felt gud to see so many intelligent people here and history lovers like me. Well, i thought of elaborating a few things about CGM's mecedonian wife. I read a book by Jay Shankar Prasad based on CGM & Chanakya. I think he is such a big name in the field of literature so he can't be wrong. Well, here are some facts according to that book:
  1. Helen/Carnellia/Roseanne ( she had many names just like Chanakya), was a very lovely and very intelligent Greek girl. She was very much in love with India and its culture. She used to stay in Greek shivir with his father selucus and study sanskrit, hindi, grammer, Indian classical music, history, geography, ramayan etc. this shows that she had no problem in India and its culture.
  2. CGM and her love was a love at first sight. They met before he killed Dhanand and became King of Magadh.
  3. Their marriage alliance was a plan of Chanakya as ek panth do kaaj. Bcoz, CGM got the love of his life with this alliance as well as many parts of Ariana and Kandhar as a marriage gift by Selukus.
  4. When he married Helen he was of the age b/w 18-20 not more than that. That was the last war of his life and later he ruled India for 16-20 yrs and died at the age of 42.
  5. I think he married Durdhara quite later as he had no successor for the throne. And, there was no description of Durdhara by Jay Shankar prasad till Cgm's war with Seleucus. That book ended on CGM and Helen's marriage, so I am quite confused on Durdhara.                                                                                         So, this is it. But, I hope that Sagar's show a good love story of these two characters which is still unknown to world.Smile  

The following 15 member(s) liked the above post:

emeliamelanie64KamalikaGNandiniraizaadavik rocks-sia-Ritu278talkie14megha01vacchiirinku4ulily_k25Moner_Radio.Vrish.tiny15

Rimi.Rimz

Goldie

Rimi.Rimz

Posted: 03 April 2011 at 6:30am | IP Logged
thanku vrish for info hope dey will show d exact history wat it was
hope dis tym dey don't manip s story board as dey did in prc bt its long way to go for now cgm has to be a worrior first den love shaw heheheh

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

vik rockstalkie14.Vrish.

Post Reply New Post

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Limit search to this Forum only.

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.