Users

Frequent Posters

corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: mnsu

Mera,

Thanks for opening this post.

Many of us have a lot in common. I was married into a family where people have various degrees of Autism spectrum disorder. My husband shows many signs of Aspergers. But the irony is they do not  know that they have this disorder, and in the initial years of marriage I too could not understand his behavior. It was a tough time.

Only after his brother's son who is 5 year old now is diagnosed with autism, my husband can now understand and agree that his behavior is not normal. After understanding the disorder, he is showing lot of improvement, and showing interest to change his behavior. 14 years into the marriage, I too have adjusted a lot, my patience levels have risen, can understand what to expect and what not to expect.  We are leading a happy life.

kudos to you for sharing your experience and so happy to hear your life is happy too, der aaye drust aaye.....πŸ€—
corvette thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Madmadgirl

kudos to you for sharing your experience and so happy to hear your life is happy too, der aaye drust aaye.....πŸ€—

That's the beauty of awareness...more we talk about it, more we help people recognize it and hopefully understand it, deal with it, learn to live with it!πŸ˜ƒ

Dreamygal301 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Mera,

Great post.πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am sure this will raise awareness for those who don't know anything about Autism. I knew this month was Autism awareness because where I live, our local library had the posters out and various stalls/activities arranged to highlight and give out advice.

I also thought, if you didn't know, there is a biopic of Temple Grandin, by the same name starring Claire Danes.

Edited by Dreamygal301 - 13 years ago
MERARAI thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dreamygal301

Mera,

Great post.πŸ‘πŸ‘

I am sure this will raise awareness for those who don't know anything about Autism. I knew this month was Autism awareness because where I live, our local library had the posters out and various stalls/activities arranged to highlight and give out advice.

I also thought, if you didn't know, there is a biopic of Temple Grandin, by the same name starring Claire Danes.

Dreamy

I've seen that movie on HBO. Her book THINKING IN PICTURES is a fascinating first hand account of what a person with autism lives with from childhood and how it feels to them.

Some of the people with Aspergers and High Functioning Autism as reported that we are in awe of today for their contributions to society include Albert Einstein, Van Gogh, Newton, Emily Dickinson, George Bernard Shaw, Mark Twain, Jane Austen, Mozart, Beethoven, Henry Ford, Thomas Edison,  Bill Gates, Thomas Jefferson, Graham Bell, Carl Jung, Bob Dylan, James Taylor (Singers), Bobby Fischer(chess player), Al Gore, Woody Allen(actor/writer/director) to name but a few. πŸ‘
MERARAI thumbnail
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axdTT0S3VGI&feature=related [/YOUTUBE]Edited by MERARAI - 13 years ago
MERARAI thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnsu

Mera,

Thanks for opening this post.

Many of us have a lot in common. I was married into a family where people have various degrees of Autism spectrum disorder. My husband shows many signs of Aspergers. But the irony is they do not  know that they have this disorder, and in the initial years of marriage I too could not understand his behavior. It was a tough time.

Only after his brother's son who is 5 year old now is diagnosed with autism, my husband can now understand and agree that his behavior is not normal. After understanding the disorder, he is showing lot of improvement, and showing interest to change his behavior. 14 years into the marriage, I too have adjusted a lot, my patience levels have risen, can understand what to expect and what not to expect.  We are leading a happy life.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  The more we share the more we realize that we have much in common. Those of us who have been touched by those in the autistic spectrum also receive life-altering gifts we never expected. I am grateful for my son, he is my precious gift I cherish every day.  He has taught me more about life than I may have taught him.
CrAzYRED thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MERARAI

Thank you for sharing your experience.  The more we share the more we realize that we have much in common. Those of us who have been touched by those in the autistic spectrum also receive life-altering gifts we never expected. I am grateful for my son, he is my precious gift I cherish every day.  He has taught me more about life than I may have taught him.

Brings tears to my eyes😭😭😭... we are adults and parents, but we learn so much from kids.
MERARAI thumbnail

Originally posted by: mia03

Brings tears to my eyes😭😭😭... we are adults and parents, but we learn so much from kids.

Awww! Me too. They do have a great sense of humor too.

I want to share something that happened a few minutes ago. I found something spilled on the floor and turned to my Baba and asked "what's this, huh?" his pat response "It's only a mess". πŸ˜†

Every time I get even the least bit frustrated or angry he always asks "are you mad with me? Are you disappointed. It's ok, I forgive you".  How can you stay angry when someone does that.πŸ˜²πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by MERARAI - 13 years ago
CrAzYRED thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
MERARAI

A πŸ˜ƒ...or two πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ Past it on it is free
Edited by mia03 - 13 years ago