Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:11pm | IP Logged

One of the budding actors in Bollywood and probably the best dancer here, he made a reasonable impression in Deewane Huye Paagal facing stalwarts like Akshay Kumar, Suniel Shetty and Paresh Rawal. But this time Shahid Kapur has his work cut out for him in Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi as he faces the camera with a bunch of kids on whom the film is based on. IndiaFM presents an exclusive conversation with the young man.

What is the Vaah! Life Ho Toh Aisi all about?
Well, the title of the movie speaks for itself. The film is about fantasy and a magical experience. My character is called Adi Chachu who takes care of 8 children. They live in a small house, their life is full of fun and happiness - they go for picnics and enjoy every single moment. But then a tragedy happens and things change suddenly.

What is your character in the film?
I play the character of Adi Chachu. He happens to be a mechanical engineer but due to financial problems in family, he takes up a part time job in a garage. He also takes care of the kids who are his relatives and live with him. But suddenly, one day he dies and the family faces hardships. That is when he returns back as a friendly ghost.

How was it working with Amrita Rao again?
Working with Amrita is great, obviously because she was my co-star in my debut film. Besides she is very sincere and professional. People like our pair and we are very comfortable working together. So it has been a nice experience to work with her.

Since you are doing so many films together, do you believe your onscreen chemistry will deteriorate?
I don't think so because we both have always seen to it that we perform in a very different kind of story than what we have done in past. No two films will look similar in terms of our roles. In this movie, I am an uncle to the kids and she is their tuition teacher and we have a sort of love-hate relationship. Even in our next movie Shikhar, our relationship is different from this movie. So I don't really think it will affect our onscreen chemistry.

How was it working with the kids?
The kids have done a fantastic job. In fact I think they kind of steal the limelight in this movie. The kids have this spontaneity which probably not even the best of actors have. So, I believe that in this film, the kids will be the ones whose performance will be greatly appreciated than anyone else's.

Download VLHTA wallpapers

What made you sign this movie?
I was quite surprised when I heard the story of this film because I had this perception that Mahesh Manjerekar makes only a particular genre of films. When he narrated me the story, I instantly said yes, because the story was awesome. Also I think that it is a brave attempt because we don't really see too many fantasy films being made in
India with so many special effects. People sort of avoid going for it mainly because they are expensive, involves rigorous work schedules and also risky investment in a way. But I was confident about Mahesh and I couldn't say no to such a brilliant offer that came my way.

Sanjay Dutt as 'Yumraaj'! How was that?
After watching him perform, now I can't imagine anyone else playing this role. He has this larger than life personality which makes you believe that, Yumraaj has to be like this. Throughout the making of the film he made me feel very comfortable. Even though he is such a big star, an established actor, he never looked down upon me as a newcomer. He was very sweet person to work with.

How is the music of the film?
The music relates to the genre of the film. It has some fun songs for kids and some romantic tracks. Also there is an interesting song which features me and Yumraaj (Sanjay Dutt) going to a night club and dancing and nobody can see us, so we play lot of pranks there.

How different was it working for this film?
Well it was a hard job. For all the special effect scenes we were hanged up in the air with cables all day. And my character was seeing through so they had to take number of takes for same shoot with different angles. So it was very taxing.

How did your younger brother enter this movie?
Well my brother just came on the sets to see the shoot and he was very fascinated with the story and the making process. So, I requested Mahesh Manjrekar who was very much willing to have him in the movie. Working with my brother was fun, because he was more professional than I am throughout the making. It was interesting to have him in this movie.

Your future projects ?
My next release will be Shikhar of John Mathew Matthan. Also I am working on 36
China Town with Abbas Mustan, Milenge Milenge with Satish Kaushik, Khatta Meetha with Priyadarshan and Vivaah with Sooraj Barjatya

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shahid's interview" in Film Previews & Reviews forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Tani91

IF-Sizzlerz

Tani91

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 1:18pm | IP Logged
  I LOVE U SHAHID!!!!!!!!!!Now if only you would dump that Censored Kareena and find a better girlfriend(like Amrita!!!or me! WinkWink

Edited by Tani91 - 30 December 2005 at 1:19pm

i luv qazi

Goldie

i luv qazi

Posted: 30 December 2005 at 10:03pm | IP Logged
thnx

sameen

Goldie

sameen

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 12:16am | IP Logged
thanks

amritafan

IF-Dazzler

amritafan

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 10:30am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Tani91

I LOVE U SHAHID!!!!!!!!!!Now if only you would dump that Censored Kareena and find a better girlfriend(like Amrita!!!or me! WinkWink

i can't believe u think jus like me .i like kareena bu i  love amrita.

desi_pryde

Goldie

desi_pryde

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 2:28pm | IP Logged
wow shaahid is doing so many movies this year and next year. hes working very hard. cool thnx for sharing

marvelous.malks

IF-Sizzlerz

marvelous.malks

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 4:49pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing! Shaahid has a lot of movies!

simrat91

IF-Dazzler

simrat91

Posted: 31 December 2005 at 5:04pm | IP Logged
thankz

Post Reply New Post

Go to top