PART 19

PART 20

PART 21

PART 21 A

PART 22.

EPILOGUE

1. The Pain

"Do you think Maan still loves Geet?"

Annie thought of Arjun's question as she lay awake. It was strange that Arjun had asked the question on the night before the anniversary of their secret wedding during Maan bhai's marriage to Geet. It brought back the old memories and the pain of loss that always followed it. For her the pain had faded over the years'so many good and happy events had helped her overcome that loss- her marriage to Arjun, their flourishing business and the birth of their first child. But did bhai get over the grief of losing Geet? Never!

He may have packed her things into the barsati, but his love was evident in so many ways'in the way he pushed himself to limits during his work-outs, in the way he drowned himself in work as if rest and free time were punishments, in the taveez he no longer wore but kept close to his heart in the breast pocket of his shirt, in the flicker of pain that appeared in his eyes whenever he heard someone call 'Meeti' by her given name 'Geet'.

4 years was a long time. The days that followed the 'fall out' were  one of the worst times of her life. Maan's frantic attempts to search for Geet yielded no result. Then some one informed that she was seen taking a bus that went to Amritsar. Following that information resulted in a greater shock. The bus had met with an accident near Amritsar and there were no survivors. Her breath caught in a flash of pain as she remembered Maan's desolation. At first he refused to believe the news of her death. Tears brimmed over from her eyes unaware, as her thoughts brought back the image of a broken guilt ridden Maan, who came back from Amritsar. Nothing seemed to reach him beyond his pain for days. Finally, it was the threat of another loss that jerked him back to life. Daadi suffered a heart attack and had to be hospitalized. The panic over her condition turned the burning flames of pain into simmering ashes. He packed away Geet's clothes and photos as if keeping them out of sight would keep her memories away. But how could one pack away a presence that was not there, yet made itself felt by its very absence, in every aspect of your life. It took months before the tired eyes of her brother got a full night's rest, even longer for his smile to reach his eyes. The first time she saw the spark of the old MSK was when Arjun approached him for her hand in marriage. Now after 4 years a kind of normalcy was setting in.

A sound from outside made Annie walk towards her brother's rooms. Maan was sitting in the balcony hunched over something. As she approached him silently and stood behind him she saw the various snaps of Geet lying beside him. When Maan pressed his face into the cloth he held in his hands, light reflected off Geet's wedding chunari. As silent tears shook his shoulders, Annie softly walked back feeling like an intruder coz she knew she cud never find the words to comfort her brother.

Tears flowed unchecked as she thought, "No, Maan will never stop loving Geet."

A note to my friends:

Since I've written 3 OS, thought I might try something different this time, to see if my writing skill is worth reading. So this time I am going to write a series of continuous OS or rather a short story. Please give me your opinion '.needless to say your comments inspire me to write more'.

i will name it together later

go to page 2

PART 2

Edited by bangalores - 11 years ago
Posted: 13 years ago
Beautiful story...would love it if you continued this into a SS.  Looking forward to the next part!!
nice story ..wid d touch of emotion continue sooon
plzz do PM me  😊
Very nice..you can write so well..really would love to read more😊
Beautiful
Fantastic
Superb OS
Cheers

continue soon and I hope Geet is alive  ...

love
Sana
very touching OS............
hope Geet is alive...................
continue as SS..................pm me................
awesome..plzz do continue...
u write beautifully..
and if possible plzz PM me next time when u come up with ant oS>.
thnxxx
love ur writing
keep writing

reva

2. The Match Makers

Arjun was back from Amritsar, where he had gone to attend his friend's wedding. It was night and he was snuggled up with his wife in bed.

"I'm sorry Arjun, I know we planned a quiet dinner together, but today I didn't feel like leaving bhai."

She told him what she had seen the night before, abt witnessing maan's pain even after so many years.

Arjun listened to her without interruption and then was silent for a bit more. Annie knew he was not fallen asleep from the movement of his hands on her hair. She wondered what he was thinking about so seriously.

"What is it that draws you to a person? Say there are people who remarry, so what is it that attract them to the second partner?"

Annie shifted her position to look at Arjun.

"Why r you asking these questions? I noticed you watching Maan bhai during the dinner. You know how cross he becomes whenever some one asks him to consider remarriage. As it is you r considered family only after Meeti's birth. If you think now it is your turn to match-maker , I will advise you drop the idea."

Arjun linked his hands behind his head and looked at her as he asked,"Tell me Anwesha, if I die, will you feel attracted to someone who looks like me?"

Annie's eyes blazed with anger and panic.

"What has got into you? I don't want to answer your stupid questions! I'm going to sleep."

She turned away from him. From her sniffles he understood she was crying. He tried to turn her back to face him but she resisted.

"I am sorry Anwesha. I didn't mean to hurt you."

She turned towards him and said, "How can you ask me to consider your death so calmly? I never want to think about a life without you. I never want to go thru' what Maan bhai is going thru' now!"

"Okay baba, look at me...please," he added when she did not. HE crossed his hands and held his ears as a gesture of his remorse. After comforting her with a hug, he was back with the question.

"Anwesha, if Maan finds someone who looks like Geet, will he be able to find love again?"

Now that got her interested and she caught his roaming hand.

"What?"  he asked with a bit of smile in his voice.

"You tell me what! Where did you find someone who looks like Geet?in Amritsar?"

"I'm feeling so sleepy, the journey was so tiring. Apart from that I had to do my husbandly duties too. Now let me sleep."

He turned to his left side and switched off the bedside lamp. Annie reached over in a flash and switched it on. She forcibly tugged his shoulder to turn him on his back.

"Don't play games with me. Tell me."

Arjun had been to Amritsar to attend his friend's marriage. There he saw a woman who resembled Geet so much that one could accidently mistake Simran for Geet.to prove his point Arjun showed her the photo of Simran he had taken in his mobile phone. Annie was amazed at the resemblence.

"Who is she, were you able to find out?"

"She was introduced to me by Jai. He told me that she was his soon-to-be bhabhi. The person standing next to her with his arms around her shoulders is Jai's brother Jeet."

"Oh! That is not good. Will you mind if your friend lose his would-be sister-in-law?"

Arjun chuckled at her confidence. "You seem so sure that Maan is going to take her away, though it takes two to fall in love and the consent of the girl to marry!"

"Nothing can stand in the way of my bhai's success if he wills it! You've seen him with Geet. How can any girl whoever she is resist falling in love with him?"

"Don't forget Maan has to see her first to impress her!she is in Amritser and he in Delhi. How do you make them meet?"

"Now that is what I call a real problem.ever since Geet was lost to him in Amritsar, he hates the place. But I will find a way around it."

"Let me know tomorrow, until then goodnight nd happy thinking!", he said as he snuggled under the blanket.

Morning came and Annie was still thinking! Finally it was Arjun who came up with a plan. He thought that they wud shift to Amritsar with the intention of opening a branch of their office there. Maan who was very attached to Meeti wudn't miss her birthday, which came up about a month later. That wud also give Annie time to befriend Simran. The birthday party wud become the perfect occasion for Maan to meet Simran.

"Perfect," Annie said as they thought the plan thru. "Thank you for doing this, Arjun."

"Annie, you r my wife and I want you to be always happy. Then spreading the business to Amritsar is a smart move. Finally, I want to make amends for what my sister did to this family."

Thus the plan was set into motion...

PART 3

Sorry friends, for springing AA on you!! But I thought it necessary to take the story forward'..

Hope you will be with me this time too

to page 3
Edited by bangalores - 11 years ago
ummm liked it 
bt waiting for maneet more 
cont sooon
ur writing is 👏 awesome
cont soon
thnx for d PM 😊