The beauty of Takshashila

ssbn_siddhi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Hey guys just watched todays episode and it was fantastic.... I m liking the pace of the story... Thank God they r not dragging it. Well todays attraction in the episode was ofcourse TAKSHASHILA MAHAVIDYALAYA..... It was beautifully shown... I wonder whether it was actually shot in the same school.... Because sadly the actual school is in  ruins.... Anyways magnificence of the school was shot perfectly.... Everything was just so perfect... Many many congratulations to the team....

I m simply loving the show. Well Sagar shows are always a treat to watch... I m sure all of u agree with me.. Moreover the actors r phenomenal.. Acting is just superb. I thought that today CGMs expressions were fantastic. He was star of the day according to me⭐️... How fascinated he was watching all the things in the gurukul... Hats off to him.

I wish all the best to our young CGM and want to give a big round of applause to all the  actors. Keep up the good work...
πŸ‘

Edited by ssbn_siddhi - 13 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ssbn_siddhi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Here's a small piece of information  on Takshashila:

Takshashila is considered a place of religious and historical sanctity by Jain and Buddhists. The former do so not only because, in its time, Takshashila was the seat of Vedic learning, but also because the strategist, Chanakya, who later helped consolidate the empire of Emperor Chandragupta Maurya, was a senior teacher there. The institution is very significant in Buddhist tradition since it is believed that the Mahayana sect of Buddhism took shape there.

Some scholars date Takshashila's existence back to the 6th century BCE or 7th century BCE. It became a noted centre of learning at least several centuries before Christ, and continued to attract students from around the old world until the destruction of the city in the 5th century CE. Takshashila is perhaps best known because of its association with Chanakya. The famous treatise Arthashastra (Sanskrit for The knowledge of Economics) by Chanakya, is said to have been composed in Takshashila itself. Chanakya (or Kautilya), the Maurya Emperor Chandragupta and the Ayurvedic healer Charaka studied at Taxila.

Generally, a student entered Takshashila at the age of sixteen. The Vedas and the Eighteen Arts, which included skills such as archery, hunting, and elephant lore, were taught, in addition to its law school, medical school, and school of military science.

rinku4u thumbnail
thanks 4 d info dear πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ grt piece of info😊
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i dont know abt CGM yaar.......i just know abt Koutilya....😍❀️🀣
rinku4u thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ankita_88

i dont know abt CGM yaar.......i just know abt Koutilya....😍❀️🀣

Ek kaam kijiyega... jabbhi "c" onscreen aaye ...aap apni aankh bandh karr lijiyega😊😊😊😊😊
cjs369 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

since the original place Takshashila is somewhere near the current day Rawalpindi in Punjab province of Pakistan... so obviously what they showed today must be a set.... but it was made really well... looked grand and must be similar to the original look... the magnificense has been well captured....

yes agree... the young CGM is cute.... his expressions and acting is superb ...
love Chanakya too...... he is also a fantastic actor.. and a great personality...
Amor. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
thnx for sharing the info 
...PARiNA... thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing ....
Ankita_88 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: rinku4u

Ek kaam kijiyega... jabbhi "c" onscreen aaye ...aap apni aankh bandh karr lijiyega😊😊😊😊😊

aisa mat bolo rinkuji ....i love that cute CGM toooo but i drool over on the bald man/.//πŸ˜†πŸ€£
RoseFairy thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
ya thanks for the info.....it was obviously a set but was beautifully decorated ..i loved the sanskrit hymn chanting as background music too..i don't knw if the hv followed any original description of taksashila to make the set or not..though i don't think they did coz the university was similar to the dhananand's palace in pataliputra...but still i loved the beautiful presentation....and rushiraj's acting is being awesome day by day....the idea of sleeping on tree was superb too