Chandragupta Maurya
Chandragupta Maurya

India-Forums

did u know (Page 6)

RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 6:33am | IP Logged
thanks may be i became a lil bit emotional abt shashanka...a person who died more than 1500 years ago lolLOLLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Sinha18

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Sinha18

Originally posted by jhum_86

i never said shashanka was innocent and harshwardhan was wrong....yes harshwardhan's brother rajyawardhan was killed by shashanka but it was not betrayal..rajyavardhan did suicide to keep some promise in the presence of shashanka ..friends i am not saying you people are wrong but what people mostly knows abt shashanka is from banbhatta's harshcharit so banbhatta had to be bioused.as he was a poet from harsha's court ..and shashanka never eloped rajyasree..rajyasree's husband was killed by malwa king debbarma when shashanka was way to kanauj...debbarma imprisoned rajyasree....after debbarma's murder in hand of rajyabardhan shashanka freed rajyasree..he didn't have any wrong intention for her..rajyasree left kanauj as she considered shashanka murderer of her husband grahabarman..harsha found rajyasree from bindhyachal....far from shashanka's kingdom..that proves shashanka didn't elope her..harsha attacked shashanka to get revenge of rajyabardhan's death as shashanka was truely responsible for that.and shashanka had to retreat from kanauj .but friends there is no evidence of harsha defeating shashanka...harsha couldn't enter into bengal before shashanka's death...so there is no question of shashanka being punished by harsha..friends history never tells any black and white story..both shashanka and harsh wanted toget control all over north india and they were competitor to each other...harsha was a noble king that doesn't mean shashanka was mean..so friends don't be bious...history has always misinterpreted shashanka..and his bravery was neglected...i have read many books on him..and i know how wrongly he was condemned by his contemporary writer banbhatta and huen sung CryCry..he was not totally innocent but yes he was a tragic hero...he gave an identity to bengal..but bengali forgot him

Thanks for the info dear , i was unaware of the true fact because even in schools books are misguiding the students , so now from where one can get knowledge CryCry thanks to internet through which we can connected by people from all over the world and thereby we can get to know about the truth as it happened today with meSmile

Thank you very very much, it will really enrich my knowledge Smile and it is very sad that even today true facts are hidden and people like me are misguided by syllabus books which i read in school time and wikipedia Confused.....so now i got a glimpse of truth about great shashankSmile

oh WOW.........so thats the real story ...!!!!! so we r misguided !!!!! i dont understand why History is so biased..!!! this is completely not accepted....and the tragedy is in our history books in bengal they inform us about the wrong story !!!! horrible...!!!! and thatnks to Jhum for clarifying the truth...Hug

Sinha18

--sanchita-- IF-Sizzlerz
--sanchita--
--sanchita--

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:43am | IP Logged
I like Maharana Pratap and prc most.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rinku4uSinha18

Sinha18 IF-Dazzler
Sinha18
Sinha18

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ankita_88

oh WOW.........so thats the real story ...!!!!! so we r misguided !!!!! i dont understand why History is so biased..!!! this is completely not accepted....and the tragedy is in our history books in bengal they inform us about the wrong story !!!! horrible...!!!! and thatnks to Jhum for clarifying the truth...Hug

Yes u r right , i remember my school time when i was so impressed with Columbus as he was portrayed as a brave and great fighter, discoverer ..blah blah but now  i know the truth that he was just a cruel and coward robber who looted India and take 9 ships full with gold that he looted from India especially in bengal and in NCERT book he is portrayed as a HeroLOLLOL...so we have been misguided from ages and it will continued in future tooConfused

Edited by Sinha18 - 27 March 2011 at 7:50am

tiny15

Sinha18 IF-Dazzler
Sinha18
Sinha18

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sanchitaroy

I too along with Alha and Udal.
Poems on Haldighati battle and Alha khand inspired me a lotSmile

Edited by Sinha18 - 27 March 2011 at 7:46am

tiny15

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 7:47am | IP Logged

Originally posted by sanchitaroy

I too along with Alha and Udal.
Poems on Haldighati battle and Alha khand inspired me a lotSmile

i love maharana pratap , prc and shivaji a lotttt.....in fact i fascinated abt them....now u can understand how much mad i was !!!ROFLROFLROFL

Sinha18

RoseFairy IF-Dazzler
RoseFairy
RoseFairy

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:40am | IP Logged

Yes u r right , i remember my school time when i was so impressed with Columbus as he was portrayed as a brave and great fighter, discoverer ..blah blah but now  i know the truth that he was just a cruel and coward robber who looted India and take 9 ships full with gold that he looted from India especially in bengal and in NCERT book he is portrayed as a HeroLOLLOL...so we have been misguided from ages and it will continued in future tooConfused

hey i think u r talking abt vasko-da-gama...coz columbus didn't came to india...he wanted to reach india by ship but reached america and thought it was india...that's why he gave the name to their habitants red indian...and vasko-da-gama was a portugese pirate who came here in disguise of a merchant and show europeans the way how to get india's treasure

Sinha18tiny15

Ankita_88 IF-Rockerz
Ankita_88
Ankita_88

Posted: 27 March 2011 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by jhum_86

hey i think u r talking abt vasko-da-gama...coz columbus didn't came to india...he wanted to reach india by ship but reached america and thought it was india...that's why he gave the name to their habitants red indian...and vasko-da-gama was a portugese pirate who came here in disguise of a merchant and show europeans the way how to get india's treasure

yes yes she is right.....Vasko da gama....the portugese pirate....columbus is okay but i guess he is so full into himself....LOL

Sinha18tiny15

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chandragupta Maurya Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index